Best Music Program

roshan

Whats the best music program out there, based on sound quality and ease of use?

For ease of use, I like Itunes. Ive got all my songs in one long list, I can sort them any way I want, its easy to make playlists, and it keeps cool usage statistics about the songs.

But I also like winamp because it takes very little space on the screen, but most of all because the sound quality seems to be much better.

What are your recommendations for playing music?

I've used winamp since .mp2 was the file format of choice. It's minimalism appeals to me, and the playlist is easy to use without a bunch of dumb options I won't use. Also, winamp doesn't try to manage your song library, another thing I hate about windows media player and musicmatch jukebox. My only gripe with winamp is that the random function sucks, and has never improved. That gets really annoying when you're dealing with large playlists.

I hate musicmatch, but it does have the redeeming feature of a recorder that can record straight to mp3

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Ive been using winamp since Mp3's first came back in 1996. I cant understand how people would voluntarily use that piece of sh*t iTunes that just wrecks complete havoc on your music library. A program that moves and copies files on its own accord it a downright security hazard

"I am iTunes. What do you mean you dont like it when I try to copy 20gigs of music to your 10gig system partition without you telling me to do so?"

blesch..

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm still a Winamp guy. Started using it when I first started listening to MP3s. Back when I still used a 2400 baud modem.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You can choose to have itunes not manage your music library, in which it wont copy the files unless they arent mp3s. in which case it will convert the files to aac or whatever files in the itunes library. Still bloody annoying though.

Quinntessential Player

I have no idea why I use it. I started using it because it's easy to change anything and everything into what you want, but after reformating my computer a few years ago I've just gone with the standard features.

It does have great sound though, it's easy to use and I like the playlist functions.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Is it possible to link Winamp to an iPod player?Ever since I've heard about iTunes and its stupid DRM, and whatever else it does, i'be been hesitant to use it. I now buy my MP3's off BLEEP.com and other straightforward sites.

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I still use an ancient version of Winamp to play things on my computer... :">

I've tried using a few others over the years and they always feel too 'bloated' to me, for my purposes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I still use an ancient version of Winamp to play things on my computer... :">

I've tried using a few others over the years and they always feel too 'bloated' to me, for my purposes.

Did you intall Winamp3? It really stinked (even developers admit it :( ).

Better using Winamp5 with classic skins. Makes it look like Winamp2 and doesn't take as much memory as "modern" skins.

I use winamp, for the simple reason that I am a cyber-yokel.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Did you intall Winamp3? It really stinked (even developers admit it :) ).

Better using Winamp5 with classic skins. Makes it look like Winamp2 and doesn't take as much memory as "modern" skins.

*looks at her files*

It's version 2.61Basic. I told you it was ancient. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts