Another NWN2 video

There's a really long new vid you can download at http://www.e3coverage.com/ which includes the first footage of changing heightmaps in the toolset and changing critter sizes ets. It's pretty grainy and hard to make out in places but it's one of the better demos I've seen. The snow effect looks really cool, I love that all this stuff is generated from the VFX tools. You don't need to register to download it's just a direct link

http://www.e3coverage.com/videos/E32006day...nternights2.zip

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

That's a lot to live up to. Lilac Soul's Generator is awesome. if I ever get my mod (lololollipop) it'll be a big reason why.

That said, nice video. Not much new; but some neato stuff like the included generator which I hadn't heard about 'til now...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nice video. The terrain editor just works like as in any other commercial 3d package with pulling, smoothing and pushing the brush (duh, why not), which even allows complete morons to make areas quickly (artistic value excluded).

Though it would be great if there're also exporters for major 3d packages like Maya included, or even a face poser editor that allows artists to make their own facial animations. Those NWN1 style conversations are nice, but not enough for ambitious mod makers who want to make verbal conversations.

Looking nice; very nice indeed

MP RPG, eh... :shifty:"

J/K... Great movie... gives one alittle bit more faith in NWN2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

How does this script generator work? What is the scope of its abilities?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Best video so far, especially from a marketting point of view. The toolset is quite blatantly the games strongest asset, it looks bloody fun. The little things like heatwave distortion are what really stand out.

On top of all that, finally an optimistic view of the games play time, 30 hours for those going at a fast pace... so about the same length as KotOR, which is fine.

Criticisms... none from that video. So far it's the only thing that's impressed me to date, and a welcome breath of fresh air.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

You need to move to Iowa. Full phone service, long distance and local, with best possible DSL speed for home use only costs $80 a month and you get a e-mail acount and webspace as well. If I wanted digital television it would coast me a total of $110 a month for the package an it would up my speed to satellite and give me VOIP. Telecommunications is cheap in Iowa.

Edited by Judge Hades

You call that cheap? Man, if I had to pay that much for my connection I'd scream bloody murder.

For LAN connection 100/10 I pay roughly half that (and yes, that includes e-mail and webspace). And that's standard price here, maybe a bit on the expensive side even.

Edit: just to clarify (since you used kp/s above), those speeds equal 8 or so mb/s downstream and 1mb upstream (theoretically 11 mb/s down, but that never ever happens)

Edited by Spider

Argh. I didn;t notice? Is one of my QAers mad they haven't goten an update for mod to test so the sold me out to Obsidian!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Another reason to be "mad" at Obsidian for me!

:D

P.S. I'll have to rewatch it as I didn't notice the similarities.. LOL :ph34r:

Not without the DMC!

(not that I should say much since I'm done it yet, lol.,..... I'm as bad as Obsidian!... except I gots an exuse.. i'm not paid...)

You want a demo for a mod that will likely 2 hours to finish? LOL

Finishing the mod is easy. In fact, it's 99% done story wise (as I only have the last major encounter to write for). It's everything else that needs finishing.

Unless your referring to NWN2 demo... Then I'll shut up.... :ph34r:

P.S. Those who helped QA it earlier, pretty much got the demo.. And, i'll be buggin' them again as soona s I can.

No time line though. As much I bug Obsidian about their project management, my personal project management sucks big time too. :D

Edited by Volourn

I thought you might have a sample area or something ready to go, although a NWN2 demo would be even better.

I'm very close to re-installing NWN for a fix of D&D action, even if I didn't like the combat so much. If NWN2 brings back the tactical combat of the IE games I'll be a happy bunny. :ermm:

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

"I thought you might have a sample area or something ready to go"

Well.. I *could* do that; but since the module is relatively short, every area pretty much has some major spoilers. There are several areas completely done..

" LOL, although a NWN2 demo would be even better."

Ha. I read ya. :ermm: