Dreamcast

Elven6

Well they were leading the console business back then (Technology wise), if they use the right strategy (Which they should have picked up by now) they can make a kick ass console.

A lot of the people that love the Dreamcast now are the same people that treated it and it's incredible library of games like the ugly stepchild of gaming in favor of the at the time all hype PS2. Electronic Gaming Monthly is especially guilty of this, they mention Dreamcast as a classic now, but they gave it nothing but crap when it was still alive. If Dreamcast had been a success and remained a viable platform for the 6 or 7 years Sega wanted, we probably wouldn't care that much about it.

Dreamcast was actually a very good console. Better than the PS2 and XBox. Sega just had a bad rep, with added peripherals and stuff so devs waited for the other consoles to come out and DC was left with a small library of titles that never sold enough.

Tech wise though it was superior. And the first online console might I add.

Man I loved my Dreamcast. I played hours and hours of Tony Hawk 1 and 2 on that baby. As well as Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, Hydro Thunder and some other games.

Funny story:

Once my college roommate came home really, really drunk one night and puked all over the room. The dreamcast, phone and most of his computer desk all got soaked, so I was justifably worried for my baby.

However, I wasn't going anywhere near that room for two days while he cleaned everything up, so I had to play the waiting game. After some minor trouble at first (and some persistant scrubbing on his part), we once again were able to have Virtua Tennis dorm tournaments in our room. Happy ending!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs