Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Time to start planning my new computer

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

Sargallath Abraxium

Sargallath Abraxium

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1325 posts

I was wandering if any of you had any ideas of what wireless router and what wireless  PCI network adapter or NIC, I should go with or maybe just what brand is one of the better ones to choose from.. I have 2 home pc's and I have them around 50 ft away from each other on cable internet, I did see a linkys router that was a cable modem and router together.. would that be a better choice??  I have been reading that this 802.11b or g is the way to go but I am really new to all this wireless stuff...  so hope someone can help me out with some info..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...I uses a Linksys router an' dropped a Linksys wireless NIC in the fiancee's machine an' things run smooth...give 'er a hook, I says... :lol:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

angshuman

angshuman

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

... 802.11b or g is the way to go but I am really new to all this wireless stuff... 

802.11b is antique. You'll want a switch/router capable of 802.11g, or better still, 802.11a. Most of them are backwards-compatible, so an 802.11a-capable router will actually be labeled as an 802.11a/b/g device.

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
Finally, everything is running. I'm particularly happy with the sound, although I'm not sure it's the card or the speakers or maybe some combe.

As promised, pictures.

The new rig:

[attachment=4846:attachment]

The mountain of madness:

[attachment=4847:attachment]

It runs the max settings on FEAR at 1600x1200 with the lowest FPS 21. The test showed 5% less than 25fps, 75% 25-40fps, and 20% over 40fps. When I kept the resolution at 1600x1200 and made some minor quality adjustments, I managed a lowest fps of 37. Nice card so far. :Eldar's sharing his gaming joy with his homies who had his back: Thanks for the advice, homies.

angshuman

angshuman

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
(w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users