NWN 2 DM Client will not ship with the game

From the bioboards:

The DM Client will very likely not ship with the game. There just isn't enough time to finish, test, and polish it before launch and we don't want to ship something that sucks.

We do have plans to release one, but I don't know when it will be available.

Linky.

I do not like the sound of this. This sounds like they are being rushed and we all know what happened the last time they were rushed to release a game.

Isn't the DM client one of the main selling points of NWN?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I do not like the sound of this. This sounds like they are being rushed and we all know what happened the last time they were rushed to release a game.

Isn't the DM client one of the main selling points of NWN?

Yep.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

A missing DM client means nothing to me, since i play strictly SP-campaigns in RPG's. On the other hand, releasing a game without a key component isn't a good thing either.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

:)

How the hell are we supposed to have a proper online game without a DM Client?!?!?!?  Delay the release so that it will be in the game at release.

I think it would take a couple of weeks at least to make a playable module. I've never played a NWN game with the DM Client, and i dont feel like i'm missing out on anything. It'll prolly come within a few months of the release. No biggie says i.

I am not going to buy an incomplete game. No DM Client, no purchase.

I do plan on buying Neverwinter Nights 2, but I know it will be when I have a complete game. The only way I will play online will be through a DM controlled game sesion.

Edited by Judge Hades

I am not going to buy an incomplete game.  No DM Client, no purchase.

I do plan on buying Neverwinter Nights 2, but I know it will be when I have a complete game.  The only way I will play online will be through a DM controlled game sesion.

Your loss. I doubt anyone cares if you buy it or not, which you prolly will, on the day it hits the stores. Would you rather have a buggy, rushed DM-client instead of a complete one?

Your loss. I doubt anyone cares if you buy it or not, which you prolly will, on the day it hits the stores. Would you rather have a buggy, rushed DM-client instead of a complete one?

I rather have a complete and polished game when it is released. I say delay the game 6 months if necessary. I don't want another KotOR 2. Release the game... WHEN ITS DONE!

Edited by Judge Hades

"I rather have a complete and polished game when it is released. I say delay the game 6 months if necessary. I don't want another KotOR 2."

I agree completely when it comes to the single-player game. Whether or not there's a DM client has 0% influence on me buying it, though.

but what if the multiplayer, singleplayer and toolkit will be all complete, and they'll release the dm client with the first patch. i don't really see a problem here.

The problem being is that it is an incomplete game. If Atari and Obsidian wants my money they need to release a complete game. I don't think I am alone on this.

Edited by Judge Hades

Erm, that's exactly the point. They'll release the DM client when it's done. If you'd rather have it rushed but available on launch day rather than a bit after release after they're satisfied with its quality, meh.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Erm, that's exactly the point. They'll release the DM client when it's done. If you'd rather have it rushed but available on launch day rather than a bit after release after they're satisfied with its quality, meh.

The DM client is not a separate product. Its all or nothing. Delay the whole game I say, delay it till it is all done.

DM client or not, what concerns me is it sounds like they are being rushed to get this game released. I would prefer to wait it out and let them finish it at a decent pace. DM client is no biggy because i play the single player mode.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

i have, and i've enjoyed myself without a DM. as i said, i doubt obsidian really cares about your 50 bucks, and the rest of us will be glad to get a new game to play with. go ahead, cry about not having a dm client and swear you'll never buy anything from obsidian again. no one cares, because you're exaggarating and just trolling really, like usual.

So we are getting another KotOR 2. Lovely.

I will buy the game when it is done. No sooner.

Lare, I think there would be more than just me not buying this game because of no DM client, like a good chunk of Online gamers who use the DM client for their daily and weekly gaming.

Edited by Judge Hades

So we are getting another KotOR 2.  Lovely.

I will buy the game when it is done.  No sooner.

Lare, I think there would be more than just me not buying this game because of no DM client, like a good chunk of Online gamers who use the DM client for their daily and weekly gaming.

i'm sorry, if i knew it'd make you cry, i wouldnt have made this topic.