2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

Well my 'Argentina vs. England' final prediction went flying out the window last night, I thought 'Germany vs. Argentina' was a fantastic match, the quality, the atmosphere and the drama was all there, it was a delight to watch, however, I assume that Jose Peckerman (I think that's how you spell it) will be heavily criticised for trying to hold the '1-0' lead when the game was in their favour and they had the attacking talent to score more goals and seal the game.

I understand Peckerman had to take off Abbondanzieri due to his hip injury, and that left Argentina with only two available substitutions, but taking off Riquelme for Cambiasso and Crespo for Cruz was just stupid. If I were coaching Argentina, Messi and Saviola definately would have got some game time, and I would have taken off Luis Gonzalez and Crespo and kept Riquelme on there. I think in the end bad changes by Peckerman ruined Argentina's chances of going through, look at it this way, Cambiasso replaces Riquelme, and Cambiasso fails to score his penalty, would have Riquelme failed? Possibly, but the point is, he can take a penalty, and is a much more reliable penalty taker than Cambiasso. And if Crespo never came off, well, lets just say he can take a penalty. Oh well, bye bye Argentina, I still don't understand why Peckerman opted for the changes he made when he has SEEN the attacking ability of the Argentinians, so why go defensive? Unless he was payed by the Germans, you just don't know do you? Although I doubt it.

So now it's Germany and Italy in the semi-finals. I didn't watch Italy's '3-0' win over Ukraine, but I heard that the Italians were quite impressive, but if you ask me, I think almost any side would be made out to look good against Ukraine, there pretty crap, even though they made it to the quater-finals. Damn it, if only we had the group and draw that Ukraine had, we would have made the quater-finals, we are a far better side than them!

Now I'm predicting the final to be 'Italy vs. England'...

So now it's Germany and Italy in the semi-finals. I didn't watch Italy's '3-0' win over Ukraine, but I heard that the Italians were quite impressive, but if you ask me, I think almost any side would be made out to look good against Ukraine, there pretty crap, even though they made it to the quater-finals.

Any side that is, besides the Saudis AHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHHAHAH!

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Guest The Architect

Well you know what I mean anyway, teams like Spain who are good (but IMO, never looked like being World Cup contenders) would be made out to be genuine contenders, because of a so called excellent performance, but it's only against Ukraine, who IMO, are awful, so until Spain actually were really tested, then I failed to see how they were World Cup winning material in the first place.

But I'm not saying Italy aren't proper World Cup winning material, because they are, because they are brilliant, but people may be reading too much into their impressive victory over Ukraine, but Ukraine is Ukraine, whether Italy can shut down Germany remains to be seen, however, they are capable of doing it, I mean look at Spain, after their so called impressive '4-0' win over Ukraine (IMO, they weren't as good as what they were made out to be, it's just that Ukraine sucked really bad, and better sides would have won by more than four goals against Ukraine on that day, and don't forget, three of Spain's four goals were from set pieces (free kick, penalty and corner kick).

And Ukraine's '4-0' victory over Saudi Arabia showed just how ****house Saudi Arabia are, yeah, I know that Ukraine are NOT the worst team in the world, but my point before was to imply that good teams who are not quite World Cup winning material are given the illusion that they actually are genuine World Cup winning material because of an 'impressive' performance against lowly Ukraine, well, you get my point don't you?

:D Sad, but true. Or funny and true. :ermm:" The Saudis have a couple of players who could have played in Europe, albeit not in the best leagues, and got some experience that way. Unfortunately, the government won't let them go. So what do they expect?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Man, the Argentinians did good, not sure they really deserved to lose.

Of course, this is probably because I'm dutch and we are pretty much required by blood to hate the Germans (sorry Germans, that's just the way it is).

Though all those orc jokes about Tevez crack me up. "Mordor Scum!"

Man, the Argentinians did good, not sure they really deserved to lose.

Of course, this is probably because I'm dutch and we are pretty much required by blood to hate the Germans (sorry Germans, that's just the way it is).

Though all those orc jokes about Tevez crack me up. "Mordor Scum!"

Yah, but when the penalty shoot-out started, I just knew that the Germans gonna win, because they have the penaly killer Jens Lehmann. He stopped two penalties and he was two times very very close.

Funny movie:

http://jaggle.nl/log/item.php?id=21681

Meh, I had still hoped for a Holland - Germany final... Holland to win ofc. :lol:

You and every person in Holland. Don't worry, some day we will have our revenge. SOME DAY!

Talking about LOTR, I kept getting the impression that Ukraine's team was from the movie because of Voronin (Boromir) and most of their players have long flowing hair.

I don't know about that, but when Holland faced, I don't know, I think it was S&M (Serbia-Montenegro) we couldn't help but notice a player with the name Koroman.

"Whom do you serve?" "KOROMAN!"

Edited by TrueNeutral

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

This England Portugal match is tense. They're going to penalty kicks.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn.

There goes the team I was rooting for...

Looks like I'll have to steer clear away from my English friends for some time now.

Damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn, damn.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

Englend is out England is out............ :) :D

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wacko:

Go home back on your island...you don't deserve to be champions you pathetic loosers.... :lol:

This World Cup is great!

Heja Sverige!!

I hope Ricardo dies of asphyxiation.

And I hope it's really f*cking slow and really f*cking painful.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

and here I hoped for a germany-england final...bummer

you know, we have a chant here we sing to cheer us up (heard in yesterdays half time - things looked a little grim back then) that is: "ohne Holland fahrn wir nach Berlin" [without holland we go to Berlin]...just a side note to all the friendly dutchmen around these party of the 'net

(on another side note: I was on the dutch side in the match against portugal...I like the netherlands and all netherlands-related products)

Well, they now have two of their key players back, whom they sorely missed in this game, as evident in their play. I can't say it was a enjoyable match, but I'm pleased England is out.

However, Ricardo ****ing rocks, and this prediction thing really isn't working for you Architect, no offence. :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

You still gotta fight France. Provided you don't ninjakick them, you're out. (Well, them or Brazil.)

...besides holding a grudge, I'm also still convinced Portugal sucks...

Portugal will prove you wrong. Especially as we will be fielding the full team. (w00t) (w00t)

Heja Sverige!!