2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect
It's really just the Portugal bit. Especially how there is no doubt in your mind that England will win. And don't worry, at best England will reach the semi-finals.

Well, I hope your right, my paranoia about England winning the World Cup must end! Hmm, so if you say that it's really just the Portugal bit, then I take it that you reckon the French, Italy and Argentina will win like I do...

MY PREDICTED SCORES ARE...

Germany 1-2 Argentina

England 2-0 Portugal

Italy 2-0 Ukraine

Brazil 1-1 France (France 4-3 on pens)

My predictions for the quarter-finals:

Germany 2-2 Argentina (3-2 after overtime)

England 2-1 Portugal

Italy 3-1 Ukraine

Brazil 3-1 France

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Right now, I predict the final to be either Italy-Germany or Italy-Portugal. I think Portugal will make it to the final if they get Argentina in the semis (assuming they win against England, of course). If they get Germany in the semi-final, they're definitely going down.

Italy will make it to the final playing like they usually do.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think Germany is in overdrive, nothing can stop them now! BLITZKRIEG UND PANZER FTW!

wallpaper1_medium.jpg

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Ooh, it's at times like this that I wish I was a mod, so that I could *correct* such posts. :-

Your wish shall be granted!

*zowie*

Oops. Wrong wand... :-"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think England v Portugal will be close, but I think Portugal will win.  If Deco wasn't suspended I would strongly back Portugal.

England will lose on penalties in the quarter-finals. It's traditional, like fish'n'chips or rain. Also, David Beckham was on the news today saying he wanted the game to get physical, so perhaps we'll see him kick someone and get sent off again. :blink:

I'm starting to think that Germany might have a chance of winning the championship. I haven't thought so until now, but the home advantage may do it, as Argentina haven't seemed able to repeat their stunning display against Serbia and Montenegro.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Well, Ghana went out too, but they actually did have a chance against Brazil in the first half, had they only scored on one of all those chances. :blink:

But with some 290 million people, you should be able to field a better team next time. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Besides being pissed about not qualifying for a WC which was held in our only landlocked neighbour, we're just looking forward to the 2008 EU championship where we have a qualification group consisting of Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Lichtenstein?, Latvia, Northern Ireland and Iceland.

Only the first and second place will qualify.

And our team will probably be the same as the one the failed qualifying for this WC, plus we have a very bad record fighting Spain, it's like when they always lose against France, we always lose against them. :rolleyes:

Edited for wrong word at the beginning. :p

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

Nah, they love their former rulers, they'll probably kick the ball into their own goal because they wub us so. :rolleyes:

DENMARK!

It's really just the Portugal bit. Especially how there is no doubt in your mind that England will win. And don't worry, at best England will reach the semi-finals.

And how is Germany meant to beat them in a penalty shoot-out if England don't make it? :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Besides being pissed about not qualifying for a WC which was held in our only landlocked neighbour, we're just looking forward to the 2008 EU championship where we have a qualification group consisting of Denmark, Sweden, Spain, Lichtenstein?, Latvia, Northern Ireland and Iceland.

Edited for wrong word at the beginning.  :)

Well, that would be Denmark, Sweden and Spain as the most likely teams for the two places in the Euro 2008. And maybe Latvia because they managed two years ago to qualify for the last 16. But if Denmark wins against Sweden home and away, Qualifying shouldn't be that difficult. Besides, you have are new hero Kenneth Perez in the team :lol:

We have to qualify in a group with Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia, Belarus and Albania. That shouldn't be that hard, I think. But if Edwin van der Sar retires, it can be very hard. Besides, we never play well against countries from East-Europe.

Guest The Architect
Right now, I predict the final to be either Italy-Germany or Italy-Portugal. I think Portugal will make it to the final if they get Argentina in the semis (assuming they win against England, of course). If they get Germany in the semi-final, they're definitely going down.

Italy will make it to the final playing like they usually do.

The final cannot be Italy-Germany since if they both win their quater-final matches they'll face off in the semi-finals. If Portugal goes through (sorry, can't see it happening) then they'll play the winner of Brazil-France, so they cannot face the winner of Germany-Argentina, they can only face them in the final.

I still think it's going to be a 'Argentina vs. England' final, this was my prediction for the final before the World Cup began, lets see if it holds up. This is how I see the rest of the tournament...

Argentina def Germany

Italy def Ukraine

England def Portugal

France def Brazil (still very unsure about this, if Brazil win then of course I wouldn't be surprised, but regardless, the winner of this is gonna lose to England in the semi finals)...

Argentina def Italy

England def France

England def Argentina

1st England

2nd Argentina

3rd Italy

So this brings me to a question, how do you think the tournament is going to finish from here on end?

Argentina 2-2 Germany (Argentina win on penalties)

Italy 1-1 Ukraine (Italy win on penalties)

England 1-1 Portugal (Portugal win on penalties)

Brazil 2-1 France

Argentina 1-0 Italy

Brazil 1-0 Portugal

Brazil 0-0 Argentina (Brazil win on penalties)

I hope the games don't get more defensive and dull as we go on, but that's how it's often been in the past. :(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The final cannot be Italy-Germany since if they both win their quater-final matches they'll face off in the semi-finals. If Portugal goes through (sorry, can't see it happening) then they'll play the winner of Brazil-France, so they cannot face the winner of Germany-Argentina, they can only face them in the final.

I still think it's going to be a 'Argentina vs. England' final, this was my prediction for the final before the World Cup began, lets see if it holds up. This is how I see the rest of the tournament...

Argentina def Germany

Italy def Ukraine

England def Portugal

France def Brazil  (still very unsure about this, if Brazil win then of course I wouldn't be surprised, but regardless, the winner of this is gonna lose to England in the semi finals)...

Argentina def Italy

England def France

England def Argentina

1st  England

2nd  Argentina

3rd  Italy

So this brings me to a question, how do you think the tournament is going to finish from here on end?

Yeah, I screwed that up. I was actually hoping for that little blunder to go through unnoticed. :"> (Damn you!)

Anyway, I still think that England won't get past the semis. They will flounder against either Brazil or France, if they manage to get past Portugal. In fact, disregarding Portugal's red card woes, I think England have the weakest team of the quarter-finals.

I guess that the best prediction I can make right now, is that one of the semis will be Italy-Germany and that one of these teams will win the tournament.

PORTUGAL WILL OWN ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!! :( Carry on.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: