2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

bust0617_e.jpg

Mainly because all my friends are English.

Also...lol. Darque's a mod.

Also...lol. I need a new avatar.

Edited by Draken

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Crappers. :thumbsup:

Lots of Koreans started blaming the ref (naturally), but I have to say the 2nd goal wasn't offside, if there was anything to complain about it was the linesman confusing us but the cardinal rule is you play by the whistle and we forgot that for a minute.

The Swiss defence was too good for us anyway, methinks, and since France won 2-0 even a draw would kill us by goal difference.

Ah well. We did show that we're not the 5-0 pushovers we were before 2002, and no team can assume they can beat us.

Atreides: Yeah. As I said, most people were just disappointed. I think once the storms calm down they'll all accept that Swiss beat us fair and square.

Oh, and after Totti thought he was in the WWF and tried to throw Korean defenders onto the floor all the time, not much of a 'case' is left to the Italians.

There are plenty of games where ref decisions are crappy or disputable, in that game Italy was on the wrong end of the stick. It happens and you move on, instead of whining about Koreans bribing refs 4 years after it didn't happen. :thumbsup:

Anyway. No TV access right now, are Sweden even playing well or just being dominated?

I have, and they find everything exciting on a level which is really beyond most of us, I think. The commentator at the end of the Simpsons episode sums it up pretty good. :D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I'm pretty sure I once heard a Mexican commentator scream incoherently for two minutes straight after a generic pass from defense to forward.

When they scored, he acted all calm and cool.

:wub:

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I think it's gonna be another draw, and if Beckham repeats his previous penalty failures, then it's bye bye time. Just a little sad that whichever city houses the violent English hools will probably get burned to the ground if that happens. :-)

!VIVA ECUADOR! :D

Ty Jaqs for finding that, btw. ;D

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Mexican commentators are hilarious.  I pity the fool who hasn't heard their, "GOOOOOOLLLLLLL GOOOOOOLLLLLLLL GOOOOOOOL" thing.  :)
Alas, that is not exclusive of Mexican commentators. I'm betting all Spanish-speaking countries demand that kind of histrionism as a mandatory trait in their commentators... sometimes I just want to mute the damn thing. :ph34r:

!VIVA ECUADOR!  :D
Surely you mean

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.