2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

You could cheer for the US! Imagine all the people you'll piss off!

I wouldn't actually mind the US winning, since the trophy has been wandering from South America to Europe back and forth ever since it first started.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It is difficult to type with my head buried under my desk :(

Imagine if they had actually scored on that one but extremely close chance.

Anyway, I'm sure it had something to do with you being in all yellow today... the gods did not fancy such an awful sight.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

for some reason McD's has some promo that they told us nothing about. having to do with the cup.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I bought a TeamGeist replica football (by Adidas, just not the $150 version) yesterday and it feels really cushy compared to my Roteiro (Euro 2004). I'm starting to get an idea why people can whack them as hard as they have been.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

The TeamGeist football sucks. It's supposed to be the lightest, most accurate ball, but the players have complained that it's too difficult to control. Plus, it's too light, it rebounds too much and it bends too much. All you have to do is whack it as hard as you can and it will automatically swerve - without you needing to apply topspin or backspin. If you don't have the talent or the time to practive then don't worry - TeamGeist will produce the results for you. Even Atreides or I will be able to consistently get 40 yard shots on target with this. Why? Have you ever thumped one of those 'imitation' beach-balls and watched them rocket? It's the same kind of thing.

As Atreides said, the Roteiro is much better. However, the favorite amonst both coaches and players (and also myself) is the Terrestra from Euro 2000.

sprtAllSoccerAdidas_Terrestra_MS_Soccer_Ball1-resized200.jpg

:(

manthing2.jpg

Anybody watching the Netherlands game? Robben just scored (18), van Persie gave a first touch lob and he ran pretty much half the pitch to score.

Portugal - Angola has started!!!!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1-0 for Portugal at half-time. They haven't been playing very well, though. It's like they can't really be bothered to put in a proper effort.

Heja Sverige!!

It ended 1-0 for Portugal. I get a feeling Scolari decided to tell the team to win the game with as little effort as possible. They played fast, attacking football for the first 5 minutes (until they scored), and then just laid back and waited for the game to end.

Heja Sverige!!

This portugal game was boring. A very boring kind of boring.

Costa Rica wasn't the best test to measure the capabilities of the German team, but it was worth watching (those two marvelous lucky-shots) and it heightened the hopes that we won't embarrass ourselves in the our own country.

I'm hooked.

Ivory Coast was amusing to watch, not a trace of boring football style there.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Well so far through 3 days of games the action has been mixed. Germany won by scoring 4 goals ... and on that note GO GERMANY GO..

England barely wins ... Sweden and Trinidad play to a 0-0 tie Portugal only wins 1-0

it seems the games that were the most exciting to watch were the won's people werern't talking about .. Well lets see how it goes tomorrow the U.S. plays the Czechs and Italy is in action how will they do .. lots of questions....

That was an amusing goal, Takahara definitely pushed the keeper out of the way but it wasn't intentional, the crosses bounces in. :shifty: Probably would have been a foul on most other days.

Perkele!

At least you're not stuck at work when the swedish television broadcasts even the swedish training sessions! I hate being unable to watch games because I am stuck doing other things.. like making money :huh:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!