2006 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect

It's 28 days to go until the 2006 World Cup Finals in Germany, I can't wait, it's going to be bloody awesome, and thank goodness for me, SBS is showing every match live! :) GO THE SOCCEROOS! In case you don't know who they are, they are the Australian National Soccer Team, my country!

Also good luck to Italy, Germany and the Netherlands and boo to England, Portugal and the USA, I hate those **** teams! But anyway, who is your tip for the World Cup folks? I'm supporting my own country Australia of course but I think the Netherlands are gonna win it, what about you folks?

Edited by The Architect

Portugal? We play good, attractive football; what's wrong with that?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I support Italy and Japan, which is a little tough because Australia's in Japan's group too.

As for winners, it's tough looking past Brazil really. Argentina, Holland and France look strong too. England has quality thruoghtout their team though the loss of Rooney makes it very doubtful for me that they can win it.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Guest The Architect
Portugal? We play good, attractive football; what's wrong with that?

You guys are a bunch of diving sissy's IMO, you love the turf. :wacko: But besides that, well I don't know, I think in all sports for some reason there's always going to be a team/s that you like and there's always going to be a team/s you don't like, it's kind of hard to explain, I just don't like the Portuguese soccer team and hope the Mexican's kick their ass in Group D!

Their the only one's that have got a chance against you guys in Group D, I can't see Iran or Angola posing much of a challenge to you guy's, but anyway, Portugal's going down! :) :D :p

Support France by choice, Korea by nationality. *shrug* Then they had to go in the same group.

Some Portuguese players dive, but continental football tends to do that a lot more with stricter referees. It's more individuals, doesn't stop people like Drogba from diving on English turf. At least Portugal still gets attacking football in the mix.

Guest The Architect
I support Italy and Japan, which is a little tough because Australia's in Japan's group too.

As for winners, it's tough looking past Brazil really.  Argentina, Holland and France look strong too.  England has quality thruoghtout their team though the loss of Rooney makes it very doubtful for me that they can win it.

Good to hear you like Italy, :) But Japan, you like them eh? Well I don't mind the Jap's but still, there screwed, we'll show them when we play them, ah, at least I hope so anyway. :D

And yes, of course Brazil is loaded with so much talent, they've got quality and quantity (there not the favourites for no reason) but I don't know, their defence is just not defensive enough and the fact that no South American team has ever won a World Cup in Europe kind of goes against them, I can see some good counter-attacking teams taking advantage of their attacking style of play.

Argentina look solid, their a class act all over the field and are in with a big chance 'if' they are not too defensive and cautious in their gameplay, otherwise if they are, a repeat of 2002 is bound to happen.

The French are classy, but you've got to look at the fact that their getting old and you've got to really look at their match fitness, I can't see them making it past the quater-finals, their going to have to be really on their game if they plan on winning the tournament.

I don't think Rooney missing out on most (perhaps all) of the World Cup all of a sudden decreases England's chances of winning it, I personally hope the Pom's don't win it because we'll never hear the end of it but unfortunately they have a superb squad and Gerrard and Lampard playing in midfield together is going to cause some huge problems for opposition teams, they'll probably reach the semi-finals.

But I'm going with the Dutch, they have top-class midfielders and attackers and play such a mouthwatering and competitive style of football, something tells me they'll be very determined to put in a good performance at the World Cup, they'll really want to make up for themselves for not making the finals in 2002 and because a lot of Dutch players play in Germany, plus the fact they are very talented tactically and passionate about their soccer, that they will win the World Cup, of course, if they don't, I won't be surprised as their are so many good teams participating in the World Cup.

Edited by The Architect

Gerrard and Lampard playing in midfield together

Actually, they have hardly played together in the CM roles and are likely to have communication problems, but they are good enough to overcome that.

If it's not Brazil it will probably be Holland, although France could surprise you.

What's up with all the "Holland will win"? We over here are not too fond of the qualities and results of our current team ateast... why are you guys?

Personally; I hope they get into knock-out, but I doubt it...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Like Italy, shedding the previous generation of superstars may be liberating for Holland. I'm not sure how good the new players will be though. Robben's obviously class but I haven't really seen the others play. Kudos to Van Basten for doing it his way.

England will definitely miss Rooney. You know they're screwed when your first choice pairing in a World Cup's Crouch and a semi-unfit Owen. And Walcott, who's never played in the Prem because Wenger didn't want to jeopardise Arsenal's results.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I don't think Rooney missing out on most (perhaps all) of the World Cup all of a sudden decreases England's chances of winning it,

No, the fact that Sven's in charge decreases Englands' chances.

If we win the world cup it will be in spite of him not because of him.

Edited by sucky

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Actually, they have hardly played together in the CM roles and are likely to have communication problems, but they are good enough to overcome that.

If it's not Brazil it will probably be Holland, although France could surprise you.

with rooney injured, eriksson might opt for a 4-5-1 with both lampard and gerrard in central midfield, with cole and beckham on the wings.

with rooney injured, eriksson might opt for a 4-5-1 with both lampard and gerrard in central midfield, with cole and beckham on the wings.

I'm just worried about who the hell Sven is going to play upfront, with Rooney injured Owen half fit and hasn't played a game since January, Crounch isn't international standard and Wallcott is unproven, and is yet to even play in the Premiership.

Why did you leave out Defoe and Bent why????

:'(

Edited by sucky

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

In the absence of our own team for once <_<, I'll probably be supporting Sweden and Germany.

The only positive side of not having qualified is that I don't get to have a nervous breakdown every time I see a match. :("

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

The only positive side of not having qualified is that I don't get to have a nervous breakdown every time I see a match.  :("

But that's half the fun.

:)

I'm not good at watching these sorts of games, I can't relax or enjoy the game unless I know we're ahead at least by one goal. :(

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I'm not good at watching these sorts of games, I can't relax or enjoy the game unless I know we're ahead at least by one goal.  :(

I only relax when the final whistle goes and we've won, sometimes I'm still stressed even then, I predict that by the end of this I'll have started to go bald.

Bald at 17 I ask you, and it's gonna bloody happen unless I can find a lot of time for relaxing in between games.

:)

Why did you leave out Defoe and Bent why????

eh, because they're ****e?

crouch is at least a decent target man. defoe is useless and bent can only play well if the team is built around him. he'll never make it at a big club...

Better one of those two than Wallcott, his only first team expeirience is at Southampton, hardly someone to strike fear into the hearts of the worlds best is he.

I know Defoe and Bent aren't what you'd call amazing but at least we know they can score goals at premiership level.

Wallcott has the potential to be a great player but I think this is too soon for him.

I hope to God he proves me wrong though, has an amazing world cup, and forces me to eat humble pie.

*Prays*

Crouch/unfit Owen vs Ronaldo/Adriano/Ronaldinho.

Tough choice.

I'm an England fan at at heart but Sven's offensive choices have been beyond moronic. Theo ****ing Walcott? The boy's got skill but he's too damn young and unexperienced! Rooney was playing regular premiership matches when he got picked, not the same thing! Walcott has been on the reserves at Arsenal for a while now. It's shameful, Sven hasn't even seen him play a single match! The bastard even admitted it! With Rooney injured and Owen severely out of shape, the team's got to rely on bloody Crouch! Crouch of all people! Would it have ****ing killed him to have picked Fowler, he's in pretty good shape! Or Teddy Sheringham! He can outfox any of these new guys any day of the week.

Anyway, as it is, I'm rooting for Australia.

Prediction: Brazil don't make the semis. The Ivory coast does. The winner will be a first-timer.