Warhammer: Mark of Chaos - Trailer

I still hope that somebody (are you listening Obsidian ?!?) will do a decent Warhammer/WH40K crpg some day... :shifty:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You could say that there's only so much rugged macho fantasy carnage one can take, but meh. I think that was feking awesome. :D

Edit: A bit OT here, but we have 100 guests online. :shifty:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mark of Chaos is going to be more like Myth than KKnD. If anyone still remembers those. Morale, ground leverage, weather and of course units and formations all matter. And as far as I recall, you can't construct anything in the battles.

It's like Warhammer:Total War :cool:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Meh, If it isnt turn-based strategy, it isnt strategy at all. RTS games are more action and than anything else since its all about speed and coordination.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Except that it's not.

kirottu said:

I don't think so.

There's also Warhammer Online coming, maybe you're thinking that one.

kirottu said:

Except that it's not.

Strategy is when you lean back, study the battlefield, come up with a plan that takes advantage of the terrain and strengths of your units in order to accomplish you goal, and then you carefully set the plan in motion.

Now RTS is about building fast!fast!fast! and rushing the enemy with your horde of units. The trick is to mutlitask between your units to spam out their special powers and your base to spam out even more units. In your average RTS game, speed is the major kill factor.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But this isn't an RTS, it's supposed to be more like Myth or Total War. That means there shouldn't be any building. You should be focusing more on unit positions, formations, and morale. Mus already stated this.

Damn that Sigmar Priest kicks ass, I had goosebumps seeing that charge.

This is one of the things I like about Warhammer and 40k, the heroes really are awesome.

I WANT IT! :(

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Saw it again and I'm wondering if the cloaked dude is a human assassin or some Wood Elf? Any fantasy buffs around here? :devil:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Kewlness :blink:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

His reasoning is sound, but not the conclusion. The focus on fast-paced twitch marginalizes strategy, and even tactics to a good extent. This, however, is a design issue, not one inherently linked with real-time.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Now RTS is about building fast!fast!fast! and rushing the enemy with your horde of units. The trick is to mutlitask between your units to spam out their special powers and your base to spam out even more units. In your average RTS game, speed is the major kill factor.

ROOFles... you should have played me in Starcraft back when I played it online.. we'd have seen how far zerging would get you :blink: