Your preference?

Guest The Architect

How would you like to begin K3?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to begin K3?

• I want to begin K3 as a padawan at a New Jedi Academy on Coruscant which is led by the Exile's companions (LS Exile) or replacable characters (DS Exile)...
    • I want to begin as a Sith apprentice at a New Sith Academy on Korriban which is led by the Exile's companions (DS Exile) or replacable characters (LS Exile)...
    • I would like both groups to be going through rebuilding phases where they both have academies set up but you get the choice of joining the Jedi Academy (Coruscant) or the Sith Academy (Korriban)...
    • I'd like it if there was no new Jedi/Sith Order at all but instead your a random force sensitive from the outer-rim that is recruited by Jedi Master/Sith Lord Bastila Shan who is looking for someone (force sensitive) to help her find Revan, etc and depending on Revan's alignment which determines Bastila's alignment you'll become a Jedi or Sith depending on what Bastila is...
    • Perhaps there should be some New Grey Order made up of united Jedi/Sith and perhaps some grey's...
    • Other. If you choose this, you must tell me what else you are proposing...

It was a dark side cave hence it stifles the light side of the force. Those Jedi who are not strong enough either turn (Exar Kun) or die (the dead Jedi you find in the Hsiss room). It's not promoting evil, that's just the devs paying attention to SW lore. The dark side is forceful so it makes sence that you can't regenerate force points as a LS character.

Also I don't think bringing back a level 20 cap would fix things to be more challenging. I like the system as it is (from a leveling up percpective) whereby you can gain skills while being a weapon master or develop better lightsaber proficiency after starting out with a sentinel or consular. Since when did someone in SW become deficient in technical skills because they chose to be weaponmasters?

It's the flexibility of the system that allows for more roleplaying options. Making it rigid, again, with a level 20 cap is taking the series a step back. Personally I believe a change from turn based to fully real time will allow for greater challenges in combat. They could do it with the D20 system, but in my little experience with this system, difficulty in a turn based setup often translates to: senseless frustration.

I'd hope that the difficulties are related to the NPC feats rather than by the numerics associated with saves and other defensive attributes. Realtime for me, is the answer.

Edited by Darth Blivion

I want to be able to choose my master from the NPCs from K1&2 - and I want the option to begin play as DS or LS, as well as deciding their fates at the start of K3... ...and I want the option to cut down my master, true DS style, regardless of whether I am LS or DS. :)

Edit: Meaning, I don't care where we start, but I chose option 3. It would make for some nice replayablity.

Edited by Dyan

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

^^^ I think that is a great idea. The master you choose could have a great effect on your skill progression, since each will have their own strengths. The Handmaiden would teach you Lightsaber techniques extrememly quickly; Bastila would teach Force powers, etc. I don't know how feasible it is to do, but it would be a lot of fun.

Another thing I would do is set the time frame for the game 2 years after KOTOR II. The Exile will have gone after Revan in the Unknown Regions, but will NOT have found him.

Well, there could be parts of K3 where there is no force point regeneration, but I doubt it will be used anytime anyway. Suppose I was not specific enough.

Like in Kotor II when you were in Ludo Kressh's tomb as a LS character. Well, I didn't really liked the idea that your force points didn't regenerate because you were LS. I guess promoting Evil isn't the way a game should be build, or a movie for that matter.

In Kotor I at least, LS was much more powerful. Force healing is one power you even would like to have when you are DS. It let you regenerate your vitality points easily and you could make perfect use of very good items like the Circlet of Saresh and the Qel Droma robe which grants you +7 wisdom together.

And then we have Kotor II where the DS is much more powerful. It allows you to perfrom a Hssiss glitch to easily let you grant a high level with a lot of force powers when you can feel godlike.

A Sith Marauder is much more powerful then a Jedi Weaponsmaster because of Fury and the Damage bonus for DS Mastery.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like playing DS but promoting Evil which I think Obsidian has done with this isn't my idea. Maybe we could have a game which treats both sides a bit equally to satisfy everyone or promote LS again because it is of the course the right thing to do.

I think what is said above does make gameplay a bit unbalanced. Although LS has Force Enlightenment to coordinate using three Force powers at the same time, maybe there could be a Force power for LS where say, for example, will allow your Force points to regenerate for a certain amount of time, say between 30-60 seconds, 30 at standard level, 45 at improved level and 60 at master level. Somthing close to that. Most DS force powers are already in K2, anyway.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

A year has passed after the events of K2 where the Exile successfully destroyed Malachor and the Sith Lords......

I think K3 will start off with the Exile returning to Coruscant to lay off his charges for crimes against the Republic. He will then reunite all the remaining Jedi on Dantooine to discuss about Revan's situation. Later on, after the decision, the Exile will choose his party members, including ones from K1, K2 and possibly some new ones. He will then dispatch all the other Jedi on key worlds in order to protect them.

After resolving some little problems in Republic space (crime lords, gangs, Sith remnants, etc.) he will head off with his new party into the Unknown Regions. There he will explore various planets in search of info regarding Revan. After 3 or 4 planets, he will meet a mysterious Jedi, who walks in the shadows... he is unknown to the rest and reveals he is the apprentice of the Dark Lord of the True Sith...

Combat... bla bla bla... and the party ends up on some world (like Ziost for example, the homeworld of the True Sith)... he ends up finding some starship (who he finds out is Revan's) and blows it up and he arrives on the surface and finds Revan working to build a super armada of Sith to launch on the Republic.

A huge war engages (like the one in ep2) and all the available Jedi come to help. Eventually, the Exile arrives in some temple or tomb and finds a source of great DS power... but Revan is also there... here the Exile has to choose what path he wants to follow.

The two speak about their past and mock each other and finally they fight...

the Exile wins... but depending on your choice: LS or DS... if he is LS he asks Revan to save the galaxy by destroying the immense source of DS power on the planet (he also tells him that he won't be forgotten)... Revan destroys the source and dies in the explosion as the entire temple blows up and the Exile and his friends leave the planet's orbit. They return home on Coruscant to celebrate the defeat of the True Sith but they also commemorate the death of Revan, the true destroyer of the Sith and saviour of the galaxy... Nice ha?

But if the Exile goes on the path of darkness... he will kill Revan and use the source to empower the Jedi and his Sith followers and rule the galaxy...

Edited by Jedi Exile

"I would like both groups to be going through rebuilding phases where they both have academies set up but you get the choice of joining the Jedi Academy (Coruscant) or the Sith Academy (Korriban)..."

It looks like the option I chose was the popular one =]

I liked that option because there is a prospect that one can go to the sith academy and end up as a good guy. Sabotage, deceit, moral dilemmas (you are told to kill an innocent man, and not doing so might blow your cover), possibly a romance option which would present another dilemma (trying to persuade the other person to be good). There are good plot makers there.

However, the option should be limited to choose the sith academy, for cinematic purposes (the game would take too long to make if there are so many options).

Edited by Blank

Guest The Architect
"I would like both groups to be going through rebuilding phases where they both have academies set up but you get the choice of joining the Jedi Academy (Coruscant) or the Sith Academy (Korriban)..."

It looks like the option I chose was the popular one :)

I liked that option because there is a prospect that one can go to the sith academy and end up as a good guy. Sabotage, deceit, moral dilemmas (you are told to kill an innocent man, and not doing so might blow your cover), possibly a romance option which would present another dilemma (trying to persuade the other person to be good). There are good plot makers there.

However, the option should be limited to choose the sith academy, for cinematic purposes (the game would take too long to make if there are so many options).

That's precisely why both KOTOR games are very linear in terms of storyline and choices, mainly because of time, size and cost issues, so I suppose if KOTOR III is made it will be linear just like the previous KOTOR games, but I'd rather quality over quantity anyway in KOTOR III in terms of plot, characters, etc...

As far as in terms of possible KOTOR III storylines go, I think out of all the ones I've read on the Internet, Jediphile's has the most potential, why?

A) We go a new main character with a optional species and are allowed to choose the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile

B) He explains why Revan has been in the unknown regions for such a long time and why the 'True Sith' didn't attack the Republic/Jedi or Revan's Sith Armada when they were in a weak, vulnerable state.

C) The planets we see in Jediphile's story are planets that we should see, we get to see characters from the previous KOTOR's but not in a forced or dodgy way

D) His story brings about a plausible and beleivable closure to the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch

E) His storyline does have that 'linear' feel to it, however, it makes it workable for game developers to accomplish

F) Jediphile brings back Revan and the Exile in a very intelligent, sense making way and successfully does this without having to write eight different Revan's and eight different Exile's

G) Jediphile's story feels very much like Star Wars, it's good in terms of roleplaying and he brings closure to the KOTOR series without ignoring or avoiding all the loose ends

H) Jediphile's story makes sense, it also explains why Revan went alone into the unknown regions to face the 'True Sith' (there is more to it than simply protecting those he/she cares about)...

The list goes on, but the point is, if someone writes a KOTOR III storyline proposal, the storyline has to have a new main character, we have to set the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile, the game does have to bring closure to the Revan/Exile/True Sith story-arch but at the same time has to be linear and actually possible for game developers to do. Also, if we are going to see Revan and/or the Exile in KOTOR III, they should only appear towards the end of the game and perhaps even become temporarily playable characters...

Joining a Jedi academy on coruscant would be really cool...

*putting her hands together* "Make our dreams come true and make K3!!!!"

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, would like K3's PC to have a personality of its own. Might make dialogue and conversation lines personal. Besides, it would involve how NPCs interact with him/her.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Personally I would like to find out what happened to the charectors of KI and II

we never did hear about what happened to Mission, Juhani, Jolee, or Zalbar

P.S. KI/II never explianed how Vrook and Vandar escaped the Destruction of Dantaione

an example of plot wholes that need to be filled.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

The 4th option sounds best I think; yet for a kill-able character of K1 to be able to show up as your master will upset some people at least. It could be someone other than Bastila whom you join, though.

How do you think the Exile could tie in to that beginning?

There are ways to use killable charectors

one such explanation is that killable charectors can comeback as spirits

or be reserected in some way as Fredon Nadd almost was or Exar Kun

remember "through the force nothing is impossible"

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Actually, Freedon Nadd could also take possession of someone's corpse so that his power is considerably strengthened through whoever's body he resides within.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I voted other because I'd like to play as Revan but i dont think that will happen

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

• 4 weeks later...

Another preference might be enough time between K2 and K3, maybe around five years so that there is sufficient time for some events surrounding K3's PC to occur, apart from Sith story.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

• 4 months later...

Hmmm I would enjoy working with Bastila again IF she wasn't as snobby... that got rather irritating in KotOR I when she was being all "jedi princinessy" (that a word? ...eh is now...) and saying 'Don't do this', 'Don't do that' 'What are you doing?!' <--- stuff around that.

I'd like it if there was no new Jedi/Sith Order at all but instead your a random force sensitive from the outer-rim that is recruited by Jedi Master/Sith Lord Bastila Shan who is looking for someone (force sensitive) to help her find Revan, etc and depending on Revan's alignment which determines Bastila's alignment you'll become a Jedi or Sith depending on what Bastila is...

this makes the most sense to me

I think start at a jedi academy as a padawan, mainly because you could go

through the fun of perhaps turning on (and killing) your master at a significant

point in the game (thus cementing your intended DS alignment :) ). I like the

idea of choosing a master, this could be done either through your class selection at

the start, or by asking them in game. Really - Handmaiden = Guardian, Bao-dur =

Sentinel (I know he was a guardian but kreia says he becomes a jedi watchman

(LS ending) which is technically a prestige sentinel) and Disciple = Consular.

In fact going one better, you start as a classless padawan, and your choice of

master affects your class once you complete the jedi trials and become a full

jedi.

As far as which jedi academy, this could be fixed (coruscant, dantooine, ossus etc.)

or you could choose via the prologue level (a reason to actually do it as opposed

to being an annoying level in which you get attacked by game hints and tips that

you don't really need. :crazy: )

As far as Revan/Exile showing up, Revan should appear entirely robed (like he does

in Ludo's tomb in KotOR II) and Exile should either not appear/be customisable/be

entirely robed (like revan so as to hide among the true sith, or some other reason)

At the end of KotOR II the actual ending was not much different whether you

completed it LS or DS, so they shouldn't have too much difficulty creating a start

point that covers both adequately well.

One thing I would quite like is to have greater choice when it comes to my

companions, through dialogue choices/hiring people etc. although T3M4, HK47 and

Canderous/Mandalore must appear.

Additional to what I said earlier...

Instead of choosing a class you could customise your own robes...

Under-robes, Over-robes, boots etc. And by having some robe

specific underlays/overlays you could create your ideal robes for

your class/playing style as you progress through the game.

eg. Ossus Keeper Over-robe (+# INT+WIS) with Consular Under-robe

(+# WIS, # Force Regen), with Force Channel Underlay (+# Force Pts,

# Force Regen) and Deflective Overlay (+# Deflection, Res # vs Energy)

damn near perfect Consular Robes!

Being able to do this for each character in your party (not just robes,

armour too) would be cool, allowing you to really personalise your

characters. (w00t)

Laterz...

I want the option of not playing a force sensitive Jedi/Sith.

Damn it, I want to play Han Solo!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I want it to be 100 years later, both exile and reven are dead killed by the "True Sith" if that is what he finds, maybe what reven went to find was what he thought was the "true Sith" But it was really the truth behind his own power, reven and the exile are both dangerous, and reven figures this out and knows what he must do., As he is sith, true sith the belief, the idea. He goes there and finds what hes looking for, he awaits the Exile to find hiim, becasuse of course reven knows he will. There reven kills the exile, and then ends his own life, ending jedi and sith teachings to some extent.

I want to play something other then a human force user. If K3 is ever made I high doubt it will deal with any fan fic or even care what a bunch of fan's are created or said. Only time will tell though.

Edited by Nero

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

I want Knights of the Old Republic III to be a game set about three to six years after TSL. To make things easier, I believe that the player should find out Revan and the Exile's fates in datapads, dialogue or something similar. This way, the developers can concentrate more on the storyline, without the pressure of having Revan and the Exile in the game. Also, I believe the highest level your characters should get up to should be thirty, since I found twenty to be a bit too low.