Your preference?

Guest The Architect

How would you like to begin K3?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to begin K3?

• I want to begin K3 as a padawan at a New Jedi Academy on Coruscant which is led by the Exile's companions (LS Exile) or replacable characters (DS Exile)...
    • I want to begin as a Sith apprentice at a New Sith Academy on Korriban which is led by the Exile's companions (DS Exile) or replacable characters (LS Exile)...
    • I would like both groups to be going through rebuilding phases where they both have academies set up but you get the choice of joining the Jedi Academy (Coruscant) or the Sith Academy (Korriban)...
    • I'd like it if there was no new Jedi/Sith Order at all but instead your a random force sensitive from the outer-rim that is recruited by Jedi Master/Sith Lord Bastila Shan who is looking for someone (force sensitive) to help her find Revan, etc and depending on Revan's alignment which determines Bastila's alignment you'll become a Jedi or Sith depending on what Bastila is...
    • Perhaps there should be some New Grey Order made up of united Jedi/Sith and perhaps some grey's...
    • Other. If you choose this, you must tell me what else you are proposing...

Guest The Architect
You have a "good" outline? Let's see it.

I'm working on a 'good outline'. I don't have a 'good outline' yet, so to speak, at the moment it's all just in my head, I've only written a bit of my storyline. Besides, I hardly get around to working on it cause I'm quite a busy man but rest assured, if I continue to work on it and actually have a story to PM to people, then you'll be more than welcome to read my KOTOR III plot. I did have an old plot idea, and I posted 'some' of my story ideas on these forums when I first joined these forums, but that plot was way too bug and complicated and I realised that it wouldn't have been workable for devs so until the meantime, until I actually finish my plot, which won't be for a long time I can tell you that, just read what hawk has got so far and also read Jediphile's plot, his is a good one too IMO.

Edited by The Architect

well it's pretty hard to completely LEVEL a city like taris. When malak bombarded it all he really did was wipe out the top 1000 levels... it'd have taken WAY too long to knock all the way down to the surface where the Outcasts made their homes. Besides we ultimatly don't know that much about the aussalt. All we know is that it became invalid as a space port.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

and i quote "no buildings where left higher then 2 stories high" or something like that

That's what Carth says. It doesn't mean it's what happens. Anyway, I don't have anything against it to see Taris again but I think they wouldn't do a game with both Coruscant and Taris in one game and then I would vote for Coruscant.

Master Vandar lives!

Ight i answered other here goes. If any of you have read my post in K3 ideas and suggestions i told u about my best friends dad working for L.A. I want the story sorta like that but one thing. I defenetly dont want the exile to follow revans path. I think that he is needed to rebuild the jedi order. Ya ya i know about handmaiden but the exile is the last of the jedi, as kreia says you have helped the "lost jedi" reclaim themselfs. So it would only be fitting if he stayed back and rebuilt the enclaves. Not just on dantooine but on coreusant, Katarr, Ossus, Mannan, Dagory Minor, Telos all those places. It would be cool.

Then of course it would be cool if K3 took place about 200 years after the the events at the trayus academy on malchor. Those are my opinons.

Peace out.

Guest The Architect
Ight i answered other here goes. If any of you have read my post in K3 ideas and suggestions i told u about my best friends dad working for L.A. I want the story sorta like that but one thing.

What the hell? Are you serious? Your best friend's Dad works for LA and your saying you want the 'story sorta like that'. What story? Has your best friends Dad told him that they are developing K3 and they have a story for it? If so, who is developing it? Can we choose Revan and the Exile's genders and alignments? Because we SHOULD, also, do we go a new main character, because, we SHOULD go a new main character too. Or is the story set in a different timeline? Or, like I suspect, is your best friend just making this up? Or, for that matter, are you just making this up? Because if you are, then your a ****, if not, then ah, I apologize for being offensive, besides, I don't think your bluffing anyway...

Edited by The Architect

but then again it wasn't really a academy was it... more of a holding pen.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Ight i answered other here goes. If any of you have read my post in K3 ideas and suggestions i told u about my best friends dad working for L.A. I want the story sorta like that but one thing.

What the hell? Are you serious? Your best friend's Dad works for LA and your saying you want the 'story sorta like that'. What story? Has your best friends Dad told him that they are developing K3 and they have a story for it? If so, who is developing it? Can we choose Revan and the Exile's genders and alignments? Because we SHOULD, also, do we go a new main character, because, we SHOULD go a new main character too. Or is the story set in a different timeline? Or, like I suspect, is your best friend just making this up? Or, for that matter, are you just making this up? Because if you are, then your a ****, if not, then ah, I apologize for being offensive, besides, I don't think your bluffing anyway...

Not a problem architect thats how i feel on K3 so far my best friend's dad has only told me that you will have a new main charector probably but he wont tell me about chosing what revan and the exile are ya kno like gendar, class, color lightsaber etc. sorry about that and no offense taken

Guest The Architect
Not a problem architect thats how i feel on K3 so far my best friend's dad has only told me that you will have a new main charector probably but he wont tell me about chosing what revan and the exile are ya kno like gendar, class, color lightsaber etc. sorry about that and no offense taken

I'm prepared to beleive you "Darth Jarize". However, I noticed you did say and I quote "I want the story sorta like that", so what is this story? Can you tell me anything about it? I would not be surprised if indeed KOTOR III has been secretly in development and LA has been keeping tight lipped about it, I think they know that a lot of the fans were disappointed by the fact that KOTOR II was an unfinished, rushed, bug and glitch ridden game with lots of cut-content but I also think they know that a lot of people want KOTOR III to be made so perhaps in a win-win situation, LA gave Obsidian the greenlight and they have been secretly developing KOTOR III but this time with more time and less pressure, it would be a good marketing strategy if you ask me, imagine if LA comes out in the next month or so and officially announces that KOTOR III has been well in development for a good year and a half and is coming out soon, imagine the reaction from the fans and the SW community, everyone would be rushing out to buy K3, although this is all just wishful thinking, the most likely case scenario is that KOTOR III has not been in development.

This all in the event that revan and exile are lightsided.

ok so this is how i want it to be. I want the sith fleet that attacked telos and the rest of the sith from the unknown regions have come to cripple the republic. The exile has stayed back instead of gone ahead to fight with revan against the darkness that is to come. He is rebuilding the jedi order to help the republic. Most of the outer rim worlds are actually siding with the sith believing that the sith will provide them with more resourses then the republic. And the hold a grudge against the republic for allowing the mandolorians to take them over.

I pretty much want the jedi order to be restored and help the republic. You know how there were like 500 enclaves i want the exile to rebuild the enclaves to completely rebuild the order during a time of war.

Other. The way I see it the story should follow the Exile after Kotor 2 or some new pc probably a former Sith apprentice who lost his master in the in fighting on Korriban (that means he'd have had something to do with the JCW). Now if the story follows after the Exile (I'm not going into how the gameplay will be affected) it follows that he runs into some uprising in a distant outer rim planet. Initially the Exile misunderstands it to be some kind of civil war brewing but he's stranded in the world as its strange citizens begin to react negatively to his arrival.

His ship is out of his reach so he has to find a way out, but in the mean time he has to outwit a team of force adepts on his trail while trying to discover the big picture. ETC ETC. With a new pc, the story need not be elaborated.

As for Revan ater TLS he has been relegated to the non descript-mysterious-pioneer I don't think we will see him again. We may hear about him but after five years in silence he is either dead or captured. Anything else would have to be cleverly handled otherwise it'll wind up seeming cheezy. I mean how long can you scout the enemy? 5 years seems to long a time to be doing that undetected. Might he be trying to sow in fighting among the sith?

For one man to do this for five years, again seems cheezy and silly, especially if we are to believe that this threat is as dangerous as Kreia mentioned. For me, Revan is either dead or simply out of action.

Edited by Darth Blivion

I find it easier to begin K3 not needing to have to know substantially what the story would directly involve. Might be a bit like K1 slightly, where a PC chooses any class simply based on likes and dislikes, without having to base it on how K3's story should advance but could advance. Possibilities rather than certainties. Starting classes need not be Sith nor Jedi. I kind of think it would help to have that slightly later rather than as a beginning. So, any non-Jedi and non-Sith classes would lend some sense of variety.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I'd be willing to agree, but K3 is an entirely different premise from K1. K1 was our introduction into the Kotor universe and as such it required that the gamer be lead along slowly (taking baby steps first- as it were) hence the non force adept starting classes. With K2 more depth was given to the customization of the force adept classes. Likewise in K3 I expect a progression of the formula not a regression. With more emphasis being put on different saber and force forms etc etc. Also Holocrons should become usable.

This is what I expect would happen, having to start off with a non-jedi class would be boring given how far we've come. I'd lean towards their being more depth rather than more superficial options.

Edited by Darth Blivion

I recently finished Kotor I again and I must say that I liked to play it better then Kotor II. This is because I liked the Level 20 cap which means you do have to keep in mind about where you were going to place your Attributes / Skills / Feats and Force powers. It was a far more enjoyable experience, at least to me. It also wasn't as easy as it was in Kotor II to defeat your enemies. The Star forge was again a very good experience where you did need to use heal / wave or Stasis field etc. Much different then Kotor II where you could simply Master Speed and then hack through your foes where they don't stand a chance. They also didn't respawn.

And now we get a lot of folks who want to be able to play as a non force sensitive to make it more challenging. My opinion would be that Kotor III as a Jedi should be more challenging then Kotor I. A Kotor III with an option to make a non jedi would be out of balance and then the Jedi game would be far to easy.

Conclusion: Bring back the level 20 cap and make it more challenging.

Master Vandar lives!

Altenatively, if force powers were used, there might be certain effects that could inhibit such an effective use of these, like in SW Episode II: AoTC, Jango Fett wiring Kenobi's hands that dragged him away from his lightsaber. Just a thought.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Altenatively, if force powers were used, there might be certain effects that could inhibit such an effective use of these, like in SW Episode II: AoTC, Jango Fett wiring Kenobi's hands that dragged him away from his lightsaber. Just a thought.

That would be very difficult to built into a game. Poison has this effect (lowers your attributes) and you could also be stunned which inhibit doing anything at all.

Master Vandar lives!

Well, there could be parts of K3 where there is no force point regeneration, but I doubt it will be used anytime anyway. Suppose I was not specific enough.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Well, there could be parts of K3 where there is no force point regeneration, but I doubt it will be used anytime anyway. Suppose I was not specific enough.

Like in Kotor II when you were in Ludo Kressh's tomb as a LS character. Well, I didn't really liked the idea that your force points didn't regenerate because you were LS. I guess promoting Evil isn't the way a game should be build, or a movie for that matter.

In Kotor I at least, LS was much more powerful. Force healing is one power you even would like to have when you are DS. It let you regenerate your vitality points easily and you could make perfect use of very good items like the Circlet of Saresh and the Qel Droma robe which grants you +7 wisdom together.

And then we have Kotor II where the DS is much more powerful. It allows you to perfrom a Hssiss glitch to easily let you grant a high level with a lot of force powers when you can feel godlike.

A Sith Marauder is much more powerful then a Jedi Weaponsmaster because of Fury and the Damage bonus for DS Mastery.

Now, don't get me wrong. I like playing DS but promoting Evil which I think Obsidian has done with this isn't my idea. Maybe we could have a game which treats both sides a bit equally to satisfy everyone or promote LS again because it is of the course the right thing to do.

Master Vandar lives!