Your preference?

Guest The Architect

How would you like to begin K3?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to begin K3?

• I want to begin K3 as a padawan at a New Jedi Academy on Coruscant which is led by the Exile's companions (LS Exile) or replacable characters (DS Exile)...
    • I want to begin as a Sith apprentice at a New Sith Academy on Korriban which is led by the Exile's companions (DS Exile) or replacable characters (LS Exile)...
    • I would like both groups to be going through rebuilding phases where they both have academies set up but you get the choice of joining the Jedi Academy (Coruscant) or the Sith Academy (Korriban)...
    • I'd like it if there was no new Jedi/Sith Order at all but instead your a random force sensitive from the outer-rim that is recruited by Jedi Master/Sith Lord Bastila Shan who is looking for someone (force sensitive) to help her find Revan, etc and depending on Revan's alignment which determines Bastila's alignment you'll become a Jedi or Sith depending on what Bastila is...
    • Perhaps there should be some New Grey Order made up of united Jedi/Sith and perhaps some grey's...
    • Other. If you choose this, you must tell me what else you are proposing...

Guest The Architect

I want to know what most people want as a starting point in K3, note that any suggestions regarding Revan and/or the Exile being the main-playable characters instead of a new main character (which is a must) will be ignored.

When I get time to work on my storyline for K3, I'll probably end up basing the starting point of my story on whatever is the most popular choice, although I think I know who will win...

I want Bastila to be my master! That would work quite nicely anyway from those opinions

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I dont think the 5th option could work IMO. Im not sure how I would want the game to begin, but I do want it to end knowing what happens to Revan, Exile and the Real Evil behind the mandalorian wars and possibly destroying them.

EDIT: I voted for the join Jedi on Cor or Sith on Kor, as that would give you a huge replayability value, with both games going off in different directions. eg as Jedi, you visit 4 planets to explore Revan's descision to go into unkown and follow him either to help him (LS Revan) or kill him (DS Revan), while as a Sith, you could go to 4 planets retracing Exiles steps, going to Mal V, then following him to unkown to either join DS Revan and Kill LS Exile or join DS Exile to Kill LS Revan etc

Edited by aerowars617

i voted for the 4th, i think that like mentioned, you need to choose whether if exile and revan are DS or LS, and male or female, but the bastila bit might not always work. and bring back bastila, as a master is gona have a emphasis on her, again and a lot of it, because she is the master supposedly and it will be revolved about you and your master-padawan relationship.

maybe you could just be a random force sensitive(from a homeplanet, and who is someone important - a soldier or whatnot which ends up getting him to go off and begin his quest as a jedi uncovering that he is a force sensitive and is capable of weilding the force), who goes on numerous quests (well not really quests, but just journies and adventures) to force significant places, korriban and coruscant ect. this may be sorta like the kreia perspective, you undergo large stages of learning about revan and exile and their companions (and also would be information about what has been recently happening in the galaxy which will help us, the audience to understand) and when you get to a certain level and have been trained in the force (personal training, learnt from things like holocrons which would help your character gain connection to the force and become a jedi/sith) you get the option to either continue your training as a jedi (on coruscant) or a sith (korriban) then you finally go on a few missions for your party (just like, sidequests) and your character, from the knowledge gained takes a great liking to revan and where he is (and the exile) and after mastery of either side (fully becoming a padawan, apprentice, knight ect.) goes off to find revan in the unknown reigons

Guest The Architect
I want to be able to be my Exile or Revan.

Agreed. 'If' Revan and the Exile are going to be in K3, then we MUST be able to select their genders, alignments, appearences, classes, etc, otherwise, don't bother bringing them back.

The 4th option sounds best I think; yet for a kill-able character of K1 to be able to show up as your master will upset some people at least. It could be someone other than Bastila whom you join, though.

How do you think the Exile could tie in to that beginning?

Edited by Raymond Luxury-Yatch

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

who said that they where going to be in the begining?

The way the first two questions are put implies that the Architect is proposing ideas pertaining to the beginning of the game. So I asked: Well if the 'beginning' had the character more or less of what's described under option 4, then how could the Exile relate to that later on in the course of the game.

who said that they where going to be in the begining?

The way the first two questions are put implies that the Architect is proposing ideas pertaining to the beginning of the game. So I asked: Well if the 'beginning' had the character more or less of what's described under option 4, then how could the Exile relate to that later on in the course of the game.

I know that is not the case because the idea of having the Exile's companions lead the academy is one he uses the same way I did in my own plot suggestion. The presumption is that the Exile left his friends behind to follow Revan to the unknown regions (as K2 suggests at the end), and they then began a new academy by themselves. The Exile is not involved at all, since he/she is off in the unknown regions to aid Revan.

EDIT: "You can't be on television - it's not even a real nose!" :rolleyes:

Edited by Jediphile

Ok I get your point.

Well so long as we get some tangible info. as to the possibility of K3, I won't really care what beginning it has!

Seriously: It can begin on teletubbie-land.

EDIT: Can I be on Timmy Williams's show? Or maybe 'It's the Arts?'

Ok I get your point.

Well so long as we get some tangible info. as to the possibility of K3, I won't really care what beginning it has!

Seriously: It can begin on teletubbie-land.

:o

What a scary thought. Don't let Lucasarts hear that!! :ph34r:

EDIT: Can I be on Timmy Williams's show? Or maybe 'It's the Arts?'

No you can't. You're a very silly person and I'm not going to interview you... 8)

(My apologies to those who are not into Monty Python :) )

Guest The Architect
Meh.  I want a real writer to make the story, not the fans of the game.  Fans never know what's best - they always want more of the same.

Yeah, I know where your coming from, I'd say 95% of the fanbased KOTOR III storyline proposals that I have read suck either because their lame, unoriginal, dodgy, corny or full of farfetched, silly plot holes and lack creativity, credibility and depth.

The storyline's that are based off a 'fixed' Revan and Exile suck because we should be able to choose their genders and alignments, not have their genders and alignments forced on us, stuff that! :angry:

Also, the storyline's that have Revan and/or the Exile as the main character/s instead of a new main character suck too and also the storyline's that sound more like an action-game than an RPG game that just focus on the unknown regions rather than other, RPG'ish galactic events suck too. The KOTOR games are CRPG's afterall, not action/adventure games like the Jedi Academy games.

But my point of all this is that not all of us KOTOR fans don't know how to write at least a good basic plot outline of a potential KOTOR III, I'm developing a good, workable storyline, Jediphile has written a good storyline and hawk is developing a good, workable storyline too so don't trash all of us fan-fic writers, but yes, I do agree that most of the fan based K3 storyline's are appaling on so many degrees.

Edited by The Architect

You have a "good" outline? Let's see it.

When you make a really good outline, you think twice about each thing you write. You also keep in mind a lot of factors. That's what The Architect and I are doing.

My on topic response would be that you are not a new Jedi from Coruscant or a Dark Jedi from korriban or something ordinary like that. I think about it that way because who or whatever you are, your character is the most powerful force user at that time.

The developers simply make you the most powerful one, period. In my story I am working on, you are a cloned jedi who is constructed by the Sith. I can tell more but since my story is in the works I don't think posting it now is a good thing. I can PM it to anyone who wish to read it off course.

Master Vandar lives!

You have a "good" outline? Let's see it.

When you make a really good outline, you think twice about each thing you write. You also keep in mind a lot of factors. That's what The Architect and I are doing.

My on topic response would be that you are not a new Jedi from Coruscant or a Dark Jedi from korriban or something ordinary like that. I think about it that way because who or whatever you are, your character is the most powerful force user at that time.

The developers simply make you the most powerful one, period. In my story I am working on, you are a cloned jedi who is constructed by the Sith. I can tell more but since my story is in the works I don't think posting it now is a good thing. I can PM it to anyone who wish to read it off course.

Of course, I'd like to see it. PM it to me please.

I say we start as the local village idiot on Taris with the outcasts in the promised land. that way you actually SHOULD be a country hick who knows nothing about the galaxy rather than just a person who suffers serious amnesia...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

too bad taris is a crater

EDIT: or perhaps them outcasts survived the sith bombardment and now own taris, by taking it over with force

Edited by Revan_Returns

Guest The Architect
I say we start as the local village idiot on Taris with the outcasts in the promised land. that way you actually SHOULD be a country hick who knows nothing about the galaxy rather than just a person who suffers serious amnesia...

Are you serious? If so, what the hell? :) For a start, as far as Taris goes, we've been there, done that. I don't want to revisit any of the planets that were in KOTOR and KOTOR II, except for Sleyheron (K1) and M4-78 (K2) which weren't in the game so to speak but they were 'going' to be.

Also, 'YOUR' Revan may not have helped the outcasts find the promised land, so 'forcing' a scenario like that on us is just not on, I'd rather we DO NOT visit any of the planets that were in K1 and K2 so we don't have any of those choices that you could of made on those planets forced on us or effected in any way.

Thanks but no thanks...