Golden Axe! comes back.

E3 2006: Golden Axe Lives!

SEGA revives the old school once again. Let the crazy sound effects begin!

by Douglass C. Perry 

May 10, 2006 - SEGA Entertainment today warmed old school gamers' hearts with the announcement of a great, beloved side-scrolling classic remake with Golden Axe for next-generation systems.

Designed for Xbox 360 and PS3, Golden Axe is in development by the newly acquired San Francisco studio, Secret Level. The new game is created with action-RPG elements and awesome old favorite aspects such as the ability to recruit allies, fight in ranged battles, charge into close combat, or mount freaky fantastical creatures and blast through enemy lines.

The new storyline is very similar to the ancient 1989 side-scroller: A band of "Riders" embark on a quest to crush and defeat the enemy before their race becomes extinct. Doesn't exactly sound deep, but does it need to? Players can wield fantastic weapons or cast magic spells to pummel mindless hordes of enemies.

"Golden Axe is one of our most treasured brands and is a complete re-imagining of the story that will take gamers on an unforgettable journey," said Scott A. Steinberg, vice president of marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "The vision we have for the remake of Golden Axe is nothing short of remarkable and it can only be realized on the PlayStation 3 system and Xbox 360."

Simply titled "Golden Axe," SEGA's risen-from-the-dead arcade game is due in 2007 on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Anyone else remember this series? This rocks so much!

best announcement for me so far.. I spend COUNTLESS hours

playing Golden Axe as a kid and it brings back some of my best memorys

I can't wait to get stuck into this one!

Ah good times.. :D

It's weird that it took them this long to make a new Golden Axe. Oiled muscles and hot monster action has been popular for a long time now. Not to mention Golden Axes were actually good games.

I just wish they'd make it in the vein of Viewtiful Joe and it's ilk. 3D graphics, but still a side-scroller. Otherwise it's going to be just another hack.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

now we need to see a new Altered Beast.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I haven't been on these forums for a while but could this be project New Jersey? Since their was a announcment that Obsidian and Sega were teaming up.

Edited by Elven6

The Sega and Obsidian team up is Project Georgia.  It seems PNJ got canned.

Apparently both PNJ and PG are still alive; yet unheard of...

We *have* to wait (can't do much else, eh)

First info on PG will probably arrive around end this year...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

This is some seriously great news! Maybe it'll be a "platinum hit" by the time I buy a next-gen system.

It doesn't really need to be a side-scroller to keep the Golden Axe feel, methinks... It just needs seriously heroic music. I mean like "Conan the Barbarian" heroic music.

And the "kill more beasties to build up the magic meter" mana system.

I have the old ones emulated on my Xbox, for whenever I want to relive my Genesis days.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I'd buy it the instant they hired Basil Poledouris(is he even alive anymore?) to compose.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Half caught between "About bloody time" and "OMG WTF NOEZ! Way to ruin a great series, morons!"

:)

Guess we'll have to see how it turns out.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I'd buy it the instant they hired Basil Poledouris(is he even alive anymore?) to compose.

He's an excellent composer. >_<

Excellent composer for the kind of soundtrack GA needs. Over the top fantasy stuff.

kirottu said: