Everybody go Wii!

You read it right. Peter Moore, a vice president for Microsoft, asked in a recent interview, "Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?" He went on to explain, "People are going to buy two [machines]. They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."

Microsoft seems to have decided to side with Nintendo in order to overthrow Sony's current lead in the videogame market. Whether the strategy will work or not remains to be seen. Though no official announcement has been made regarding the price of Wii at launch, it is expected to release for a significantly cheaper price than either the 360 or Playstation 3 consoles.

Nintendo has stated many times that it does not wish to compete directly with Sony and Microsoft in the next generation war, opting to move into a new direction with Wii that will complement the other systems.

You read it right. Peter Moore, a vice president for Microsoft, asked in a recent interview, "Tell me why you would buy a $600 PS3?" He went on to explain, "People are going to buy two [machines]. They're going to buy an Xbox and they're going to buy a Wii ... for the price of one PS3."

Microsoft seems to have decided to side with Nintendo in order to overthrow Sony's current lead in the videogame market. Whether the strategy will work or not remains to be seen. Though no official announcement has been made regarding the price of Wii at launch, it is expected to release for a significantly cheaper price than either the 360 or Playstation 3 consoles.

Nintendo has stated many times that it does not wish to compete directly with Sony and Microsoft in the next generation war, opting to move into a new direction with Wii that will complement the other systems.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Oops.

During a technical demonstration for an unnamed Xbox 360 and PS3 Star Wars title, LucusArts made note to announce high interest in creating a Wii title in the Star Wars universe, with lightsaber battles in mind.

At the end of the demonstration questions were raised about the possibility of such a game, garnering knowing smiles from the room of LucasArts employees. Comments of "We are looking into it" were heard from members of their staff as ideas for the game were discussed among the people in the room.

The company has made no official announcements about any planned Wii titles -- there are no LucasArts Wii titles at E3 -- but we anxiously await any information from LucasArts on what promises to be a very compelling game concept.

Hadescopy.jpg

Oops.

During a technical demonstration for an unnamed Xbox 360 and PS3 Star Wars title, LucusArts made note to announce high interest in creating a Wii title in the Star Wars universe, with lightsaber battles in mind.

At the end of the demonstration questions were raised about the possibility of such a game, garnering knowing smiles from the room of LucasArts employees. Comments of "We are looking into it" were heard from members of their staff as ideas for the game were discussed among the people in the room.

The company has made no official announcements about any planned Wii titles -- there are no LucasArts Wii titles at E3 -- but we anxiously await any information from LucasArts on what promises to be a very compelling game concept.

I am also interested in other title. Kotor 3????

centinexx.png

If Kotor3 becomes Wii only expect a lot of raged fanbois (especially since they all posses PC or X-Box 360

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

During a technical demonstration for an unnamed Xbox 360 and PS3 Star Wars title...

I don't think that's KotOR III, it's more likely that it's darth vader game, spanning between the EPIII and EPIV-timeline.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

At Nintendo's pre-E3 press conference, executive vice president of sales and marketing, Reggie Fils-Aime, told the audience that Wii 27 titles would be available to play on the E3 floor this week. The following is a breakdown of the games actually on display.

1- Super Mario Galaxy (temporary name)

2- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

3- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

4- Red Steel

5- Excite Truck

6- Sonic: Wild Fire

7- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

8- Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

9- Demo: Shooting

10- Demo: Obstacle

11- Demo: Table Tennis

12- WarioWare: Smooth Moves

13- Final Furlong

14- Madden NFL 07

15- Tony Hawk

Hadescopy.jpg

LucusArts made note to announce high interest in creating a Wii title in the Star Wars universe, with lightsaber battles in mind.

I am also interested in other title. Kotor 3????

I think this sounded like "also interested in such a title for Wii"... sorry if I misunderstood.

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

While speaking with Hudson Soft today, IGN learned that the company will bring upwards of 100 titles to Nintendo's Virtual Console. As developer of such classics as Lode Runner, Bomberman, and Bonk, this news is huge for fans of games long past. But that's not all, the news gets even bigger.

Hudson Soft is currently attempting to acquire rights to other third party games to release on the Virtual Console, the company revealed to IGN on Thursday. Developers who no longer exist as actual companies could still see their games make the way to Nintendo's system for downloading. According to one Hudson Soft representative, they "have every single one of [their] lawyers checking into it."

Currently, Bonk's Adventure from the Turbografx is the only actual title announced from the company, and is available to play at Nintendo's E3 booth. Hudson seems to be looking for feedback from gamers on what titles they'd like to see though.

Hadescopy.jpg

Well, I was rather underwhelmed with the Wii. The controller seemed very difficult to handle "correctly" and it was most assuredly not accurate. The spatial recognition, as good as it was, did not really "wow" me. Could be cool, but at present I was rather unimpressed.

Yes. I can't recall the game, but the guy next to me was playing Red Steel, and we laughed at him because he kept dying. Then one of our devs stepped up to the plate and witnessed just how difficult it was to "correctly" play the game.

*Shrugs*

I might go in early, but I have an appointment before the show opens. We'll see.

Also, I attribute the first sentence of my last post to drunkeness. Clearly, I remembered the game, but had already declared that I'd forgotten. In actuality, I turned to one of the other developers in my room and asked "whats the name of the wii sword fighting game?"

P.S. The next person who asks me about Fallout at E3 they win a prize...

I might go in early, but I have an appointment before the show opens.

Stop messing around with the booth girls!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

While speaking with Hudson Soft today, IGN learned that the company will bring upwards of 100 titles to Nintendo's Virtual Console. As developer of such classics as Lode Runner, Bomberman, and Bonk, this news is huge for fans of games long past. But that's not all, the news gets even bigger.

Hudson Soft is currently attempting to acquire rights to other third party games to release on the Virtual Console, the company revealed to IGN on Thursday. Developers who no longer exist as actual companies could still see their games make the way to Nintendo's system for downloading. According to one Hudson Soft representative, they "have every single one of [their] lawyers checking into it."

Currently, Bonk's Adventure from the Turbografx is the only actual title announced from the company, and is available to play at Nintendo's E3 booth. Hudson seems to be looking for feedback from gamers on what titles they'd like to see though.

If this means I can play Loderunner I & II again I'm buying the Wii on the day of release. I haven't played those games in a decade, but I wasted so much time on them when I was little.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Yeah, there seems to be mixed feelings about the controller as a whole. That basically says that the controls aren't perfect yet. Rectifying this will be critical to the Wii's success.

That being said, the Wii is the big winner at E3 for me. The 360 and PS3 haven't managed to make me even remotely interested in them. My concern with the Wii, other than the above paragraph, is third-party support re: core gamers. It's probably because it's too soon, but the third-party support seems a bit underwhelming. Namco does a horceracing game, Konami does a Pikmin-type game, Squenix does spin-offs.

The only 'big' third-party title is Red Steel, and even that is somewhat underwhelming. The gun section is nice, but if the controls are worse than WASD/mouse mode, then 'immersion' means squat. The swordfight parts certainly look cool, but it's not even freeform. You have 8 directional attacks. Basically, the Wii is being made a variation of the mouse. It doesn't do anything the mouse can't. Yet.

The 1st-party games sound awesome. Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess would be must-buys for me. Yet, their use of the Wiimote is minimal at best. SSBB is my more anticipated game on the title by *far*, yet Wiimote use on it will simply be optional. 1st-party alone won't be able to save the Wii. It needs longer-lasting value. I am not a non-gamer. As cool as Tennis is, it isn't a system-seller.

Where are the big titles? Give me a second Wiimote and give me two guns and just let me ravage everything on screen. No other controller allows me to do that. Halo2's dual-wielding will look like the joke it already is. Give me a second Wiimote and let me chop things up. I want to have an intense sword duel while fending off a multitude of cronies with my gun in my second hand. Make a survival horror. Give me a flashlight in one hand and a gun in the other. If the Wii is all about freeing up my hands, then LET ME make use of those hands. Don't just make the same games with 'different controls'. THEN that just sounds like a gimmick.

Hadescopy.jpg