EAW Expansion...

Since LA have announced an expansion to Empire At War, where does this leave KotOR III? They seem to have their hands full atm and seem to be focusing on the old movies era...

So What do people think about this new expansion. Apparently, you will be able to have Super Star Destroyers and a Death Star that blows up ships! I liked the 1st game for about 1 week playing the Empire Single player, then I kinda got bored, as I never did like the Rebels :). Maybe that will change with this one?

what would they change, i wonder? add new levels? that would be interesting.

BTW, i never liked the rebels either. even on battlefront, i never play them. the empire just seems so much more stylish and cool.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

what would they change, i wonder? add new levels?  that would be interesting.

BTW, i never liked the rebels either.  even on battlefront, i never play them.  the empire just seems so much more stylish and cool.

Well if its the people from petroglyph yea, a few new levels here, a few new units there, and apparently there will be a 3rd faction! lets hope they dont turn this into cheese like yuris revenge :geek:

I too only played Empire / Clone Army in Battlefront 2. I tried the others a bit, but I never liked them. I think I prefer the "professionalism" of the Imperials as opposed the rag tag rebels :p

Edited by aerowars617

empire at war, was perhaps lucasarts last stand for a counterattack on the game market, to get their placings back up top and ratings. IMO it was a good game, good graphics and scenes, but then groud battles sucked, took too long and unrealistic, and too bad that there was only 1 map per planet, and like all games, they get too repetitive after a time, shame you couldnt have more options in the skirmish battles, and like i always mention i dont like the period it was set in. it looked good, but was only for 'eye candy' reasons space battles where the highlight and the only fun/good part to it imho. so perhaps the expansion can change these small problems, the fact that it takes an AT-AT 2 minutes to take out a regi. of rebel infantry. and unfortunately the time period wont change, so it will be alright i suppose, perhaps there may be more maps? i dont really know whats gona be in it dont know much about it.

but i am looking forward to the mods, like imperial assault 2 :)

Hey, Yuri's revenge FTW, aero! :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Off-topic: I've even heard about RA 3! (w00t) Any new news?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

i heard a C&C 3 is comming out, a remake of C&C1, but modernised

Oh my! A C&C thread about C&C

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Hey, Yuri's revenge FTW, aero! :shifty:

It was just an example of how they took a plausibly realistic Original and turned it into a cheesy expansion. I loved it at the time, but it is still cheese, and now its just way too cheesy, like looking back at the 60's :shifty: .

Back on Topic, I think LucasArts should have set it in the clone war era, simply because you had two proper standing army's fighting each other. This game expects you to believe that the Rebels were more powerful than the imperials! I mean it was just rediculous that the Rebels had those double barrelled tanks (Mamoths anyone?) and those artillery units. They were a rag tag bunch of freedom fighters, how do you expect them to have a standing army like that. If it was Clones Vs Droids it would make much more sense IMO. I bet the next EAW game will be set in Episode II era :shifty:"

well i personally think that the Eaw expansion will just be more of a ellaboration of the original just further in the history, maybe more planets ( i think they already covered them all ) maybe more maps, and of course units.

but they are making a mod called imperial assault which is based on eps 1-3

i seriously need to increase the realism of the ground battles, they took too long, and some of the vehicles need to be more stronger against units (ie. AT-AT vs Rebel Infantry)

I was looking through the initial screenshots, and one thing that caught my eye (other than Super Star Destroyer :D) was the planet Mandalore [its the bottom most one]. hmm, I wonder if you get to hire/kill wats left of the Mandalorians, or maybe they are already extinct :blink:

post-14734-1147345874_thumb.jpg

Edited by aerowars617

There kinda is already a third faction in EAW - Black Sun

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

rebels vs empire is all i can stand, i would personally prefer the clone wars

EDIT: and why havent we heard of this mandalore planet before? :rolleyes:

Edited by Revan_Returns