Which is the coolest opening crawler?

Which do you think was the coolest opening crawler?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think was the coolest opening crawler?

• TPM
    • AotC
    • RotS
    • ANH
    • TESB
    • RotJ
    • Kotor I
    • Kotor II
    • The Star Wars Kid Vid
    • Others (please specify)

I think the coolest is epIII; as it says "War!....." in the beginning. (w00t)

And did you know that the TESB crawler is a little faster than the ANH?

And it's so cool that they always have four periods at the end.

And also from where was it that George borrowed the idea? Buck Rogers? Flash Gordon?

Edited by Sabahattin Dere

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

TESB or ANH. Nah, TESB :)

ROTS was worst.

"War! etc. And especially that "There is heroes at both sides, evil is everywhere" or something like that is wors pars of it.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I should have done a coolest closing credits; or a coolest intermission poll----for those of us who come from countries where there's a tradition (?!) of just slashing films in half for the sake of a stupid 'intermission'.

(could this be what inspired Monty Python, for the 'intermission' towards the end of MPatHG?----Whoa, another poll topic: the silliest looking python film name in acronym: MP'sFC; MP'sANFSCD; MPLatHB [figure this one out]; MPatHG; MP'sLoB; MP'sMoL)

I'm sure the 'coolest closing credits' would make quite a debate. I'd say TPM, where you wait till the end to hear the Vader breath. (w00t) (w00t)

A close second would be Kotor 2, with its dainty aftertaste of WHAT THE HELL???

Edited by Sabahattin Dere

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I liked TPM because it was nostelgic feeling, knowing you were going back to a grander age of the Jedi then what you saw in the origional trillogy. And the fact that it had a certain charm to it. I vote for The Phantom Menace.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

TESB or ANH. Nah, TESB :)

ROTS was worst.

"War! etc. And especially that "There is heroes at both sides, evil is everywhere" or something like that is wors pars of it.

exactly, seemed a bit stupid, like who the hell puts "War!" at the start of an essay (hypothetical) or in this sence at the start of an introduction to a movie like that? looks like george lucas, or whoever wrote that got low on ideas or a 10 year old wrote the opening line :lol: IMO it was poorly written didnt make sence in some aspects and perhaps a bit contradictory

I liked TPM because it was nostelgic feeling, knowing you were going back to a grander age of the Jedi then what you saw in the origional trillogy. And the fact that it had a certain charm to it. I vote for The Phantom Menace.

yep i have to agree

I think RotS because it is my generation of Star Wars. The war was at large and the stuff we had been waiting for was about to happen. It got me into the beginning of the movie.

Never tell me the decimal points -Space Invaders

Vader:When last we met you were the master and I the pupil. Now I am the mas- Obi:When last we met you were a noob with one arm being burned alive , you got PWNED

Has to be ROTS

Okay the opening was rather crap 'War!' I mean what was GL thinking?!

But otherwise it got the tempo going. TPM opening just seemed to want to cram too much info into such a small amount of time (which is an achievement in some respects i guess...)

Also there should be a poll for the best opening 10 minutes to a Star Wars film.

Probably every1 would for ANH or ESB

For me it would be ROTS, sure the space battle was a mess, but the opening couple of minutes before that with just the two Jedi Starfighters and the thumping music did it for me.

Are we talking about just the crawl or the moments after the crawl as well?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I never watched any.

:):)

My thoughts exactly.... :):blink:

Why would I spend my time watching what haas happened when I already know.

You've watched SW movies but not opening credits! :wacko:

That is crazy!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

lol yea

TPM was the best, it introduced the whole thing of star wars and was the best written, and it wasnt one of those ones written where it explains what is going to happen right after the the opening crawler (like in kotor1)

but kotor1 was also good, it was also a new thing which was very entertaining

I never watched any.

:-:blink:

My thoughts exactly.... :blink::o

Why would I spend my time watching what haas happened when I already know.

You've watched SW movies but not opening credits! :blink:

That is crazy!

Well no I just go around on websites reading what happened.

:lol::lol:

You are busy or unpatient, if you can't stand watching opening scroll for minute.

Well, off-topic.

Kotor 1:s is quite, well, ok. It isn't very good but isn't bad either.

Yeah. Or mediocre. Or...what it matters? :huh: