Are you all a bunch of drunks or something?

I must say I'm hypocritical about the same thing and quite happy with it.

Drugs are stupid, booze is good.

Deal with it.

One of my personal mottos is 'don't overthink stuff'.

A fine example of doublethink, if I ever saw one. Ignorance is strength, alright.

I've always found it sad that "The State" needs to restrict it's inhabitants of anything.. shows how stupid we are in general.. posion is still posion whether it's sanctioned or not! should you want to take - then it's up to you .. unfortunatly a great percentage of the worlds population isn't able to restrain themselves and therefore those who can must live under limited freedom...
You think so?

I'd say the state is right. If the state takes away some random right or freedom (in this case outlawing certain recreational substances), the state is effectively refusing to acknowledge that adults are precisely that, adults, and is treating them as immature children. But if these adults just go along with it, it is in fact proven that the state is right in suppressing a liberty that most people are unaware of, or don't care about, since chances are that that particular freedom would be misused and/or abused.

When people let others make this sort of decisions for them, they aren't reduced to the level of children (as children are usually not prepared to make important decisions), they are reduced to the level of cattle.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Weird posting issues, testing 1..2..3...

On topic: anything you can't handle is bad for you. I can handle both - as long as I don't try to drive or walk a straight line outside the box, but I don't do alcohol or drugs alone or outside gatherings or parties and never regularly. I'm not sure I really have any of these limits, but this is just the pattern I match.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Still 'low'-less here.

I have an incredibly fast metabolism. I usually end up sobering up before I go to bed, and I've never had a hangover.

Another fun fact - I have been drinking a kroatian liquor called 'Kruskowac' since I was seven.

I swear, my family is insane.

Edited by TrueNeutral

That's the other thing that would totally suck if I ever started doing drugs, besides the whole I have an addictive personality and it runs in my genes anyway.

My metabolism is so gosh danged fast that I come down off of caffiene and become incredibly tired after 1-2 hours. You know how much crack I'd have to do to stay high?!

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

As good a reason as any not to do drugs.

I've always managed to use other excuses to convince other people to stop offering me pot (I live in Holland, the pot-capital of europe, my grandfather used to grow it in small amounts before he died) like asthma.

One of the things I have to bring up, is - isn't she a kid? I mean... how old of a kid are we talking? She doesn't sound very old.

Anyway, this is what we get for implementing drug propaganda into our school system.

Smoking is carcinogenic, alcohol is, frankly, hyped for it's negative effects - but it's a very bad thing to be an alcoholic, and something kids like her should avoid. Alcohol is used for it's psychoactive effects, as are other drugs; this is true.

But if you're a crack dealer, or a speed dealer - I can't respect you. I'm sorry. Giving a little bit of heroine to your kid isn't the same as giving them a sip of alcohol, and I don't see that as even faintly hypocritical.

Also, marijuana is pretty bad, but it doesn't make most people violent ****, that I've heard. I don't understand why the US makes such a point of cracking down on it, except that they associate it with hippies.

Edited by nightcleaver

uhh... i usually don't drink much, but the other day i finished off a bottle of Two Fingers (tequila) within like 20min....

work the next morning was NOT pretty :shifty:

My god! I hope you aren't a plastic surgeon. :wub:

:(

nah i'm just a phone slave at a call centre...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Also, marijuana is pretty bad, but it doesn't make most people violent ****, that I've heard.  I don't understand why the US makes such a point of cracking down on it, except that they associate it with hippies.

It makes people really bloody lazy.

Recently its been shown to have a greater link to onset of schizophrenia than previously thoyght.

Also, marijuana is pretty bad, but it doesn't make most people violent ****, that I've heard.  I don't understand why the US makes such a point of cracking down on it, except that they associate it with hippies.

Actually, the active ingredient in canabis sativa, Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) has been shown to coincide with mental illness, whether it is a causal factor or a correlated factor is still being determined.

And alcohol is a depressant; there is no reason to expect people to become aggressive under its influence: that is a result of their inhibitions lowering as their id comes out to play.

Co-occurrence of mental illness

Scientific studies have correlated a change in mental health with cannabis use for young people. Particularly, studies have shown that a risk does exist in some individuals to develop symptoms of psychosis [17] and anxiety [18]. The risk was found to be directly related to high dosage and frequency of use, early age of introduction to the drug, and was especially pronounced for those with a predisposition for mental illness. These results have been questioned as being biased by failing to account for medicinal versus recreational usage: [19] It could be a causal relationship, or it could be that people who are susceptible to mental problems tend to smoke cannabis, or it could be connected to the criminalization of cannabis. Another important question is whether the observed symptoms of mental illness are actually connected to development of a permanent mental disorder. Cannabis may trigger latent conditions, or be part of a complex coordination of causes of mental illness, referred to as the diathesis-stress model in psychology. People with developed psychological disorders often tend to self-medicate their symptoms with cannabis as well, although one study has claimed that those with a predisposition for psychosis did not show an increase in likelihood of cannabis use four years later. There has not currently been enough scientific study of the drug's effects to come to a definite conclusion.

Correlation studies

Cannabis use appears to be neither a sufficient nor a necessary cause for psychosis. It might be a component cause, part of a complex constellation of factors leading to psychosis, or it might be a correlation without forward causality at all. Similar correlations can be drawn between cannabis usage and glaucoma, for instance, because those who suffer from glaucoma are more likely to use cannabis due to the relief it provides.

A review of the evidence by Louise Arsenault, et al in 2004 reports that on an individual level, cannabis use confers an overall twofold increase in the relative risk of later schizophrenia. This same research also states that "There is little dispute that cannabis intoxication can lead to acute transient psychotic episodes in some individuals". The study synthesizes the results of several studies into a statistical model. [21]

However, a 2005 study found that "the onset of schizotypal symptoms generally precedes the onset of cannabis use. The findings do not support a causal link between cannabis use and schizotypal traits". [22]

A landmark study, in 1987, of 50,000 Swedish Army conscripts, found that those who admitted at age 18 to having taken cannabis on more than 50 occasions, were six times more likely to develop schizophrenia in the following 15 years. In fact, psychosis cases were restricted to patients requiring a hospital admission. These findings have not been replicated in another population based sample. [23] As the study did not control for symptoms preexisting onset of cannabis use, the study does not resolve the correlation versus causality question but has fueled a major debate within the scientific community.

Research based on the Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study has found that those who begin regular use of cannabis in early adolescence (from age 15, median 25 days per year by age 18) and also fit a certain genetic profile (specifically, the Val/Val variant of the COMT gene) are five times more likely to develop psychotic illnesses than individuals with differing genotypes, or those who do not use cannabis. [24] [25] The study was noted for it having controlled for preexisting symptoms, but is open to the criticism that it cannot control for late adolescent onset of psychotic illness. Also, the study was on a cohort population, so there is no way to correlate a change in the rate of adolescent use with a change in the rate of incidence of schizophenia in the study population. These points undermine its value in resolving the correlation versus causality question.

Notes:

17. Prospective cohort study of cannabis use, predisposition for psychosis, and psychotic symptoms in young people, by C

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

reefer%20madness.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It makes people really bloody lazy.

Recently its been shown to have a greater link to onset of schizophrenia than previously thoyght.

I have never heard that.

The girl on that poster at the bottom looks cute!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.