So...what system IS compatible with KOTOR 2?

I've been wanting to play this game for a really long time and I just might buy a new comp for it. I just wanna know, according to everyone else's experience, what system would run this game the best? Is there anything I should avoid?

stock up on RAM bout a gig perhaps? the more you have the smoother it runs

I have 1GB RAM, and its very smooth on the highest settings, the only thing limitting is my Moitors Resolution of 1280x1024. Only slowdown I get is when I spawn too many Hississ (over a dozen (12)) on Koriban (its a bug/exploit in the game to get more experience :)" )

Edited by aerowars617

And with smoke ofcourse :)"

And Dantooine without the Disable Vertex Buffer Shaders line.... :devil:"

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Smoke is the only other lag I get, how could I forget! This however mainly happens on the main menu screen, so Im not too fussed about it.

Strangely enough, I never have Lag on Dantooine in KotOR 2, which is opposite to KotOR 1 as my player just kept jumping around the sandral estate grounds (the middle section). Does the "Disable Vertex Buffer Shaders line" work with KotOR 1?

Edited by aerowars617

Yup. Same for both, just make sure you got the right ini... :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

The better your card the higher the chance Dantooine will lag.

Weird ain't it... but it is all fixed by that simple line... (no idea why anybody should ever not wan't to put it in)

And smoke... not even a superCRAY of the CIA could get past that without lag...

^

:) There's no way to turn off the smoke effect like you can with the grass? >_<

Weird ain't it... but it is all fixed by that simple line... (no idea why anybody should ever not wan't to put it in)

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean. What line? Not a native English speaker.

Not a native English speaker.

Me neither :)

This line (for Kotor1 replace SWKotor2.ini with SWKotor.ini):

Q. I am having slow performance on Dantooine and/or in the Jekk Jekk Tar

A. Open SWKotor2.ini found in the map where you installed Kotor2. There find [Graphics Options] and add the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

^

Not a native English speaker.

Me neither :thumbsup:

This line (for Kotor1 replace SWKotor2.ini with SWKotor.ini):

Q. I am having slow performance on Dantooine and/or in the Jekk Jekk Tar

A. Open SWKotor2.ini found in the map where you installed Kotor2. There find [Graphics Options] and add the line Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

HH where you from?

I dont get smoke lag in games like Call of Duty: United Offensive when you throw a smoke grenade or something, but its probabally because so much detail is being put into the smoke and steam, a nitorious killer is the steam on peragus, seeping from that door that you comando roll from

HH where you from?

I dont get smoke lag in games like Call of Duty: United Offensive when you throw a smoke grenade or something, but its probabally because so much detail is being put into the smoke and steam, a nitorious killer is the steam on peragus, seeping from that door that you comando roll from

http://www.frappr.com/obsidianentertainmentforums

Search for "Battlewookiee"

And the lag with smoke in the Kotors is because Kotor-smoke is CPU dependant and totally ignores the GPU... but the CPU (how fast it is) is not up for this calacalation task...

Other games do it way better and make it GPU-dependant...

^

HH where you from?

http://www.frappr.com/obsidianentertainmentforums

Search for "Battlewookiee"

And the lag with smoke in the Kotors is because Kotor-smoke is CPU dependant and totally ignores the GPU... but the CPU (how fast it is) is not up for this calacalation task...

Other games do it way better and make it GPU-dependant...

wouldnt it have just been eaiser to tell me where your from, instead of this link stuff... :wub::blink:o:)

EDIT: Mr Hollander :p

you see i take pride in my country, if someone asked me where im from i would tell them outright

Edited by Revan_Returns

Yes... but that doesn't mean you could do some active searching before asking :)

^

Because it is as easy as viewing the *only* sticky in WoT?

^

So, what is YOUR country then?

^

I looked at the world map and I guess Australia...

Paypal-info how to get that 100 bucks to me will follow soon :blink:"

(PS. Pruning, anyone?)

^