Is 18 the magic age?

Eddo36

When are you first capable of making your own decisions?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. When are you first capable of making your own decisions?

• 16-
    • 22+
    • Depends on person
    • This is a stupid topic

It really should depend on the person. Not everyone should be considered an adult at 18/21, and not everyone should be considered a minor at 17. Since maturity does not matter with age.

Cant really think of anything I was doing at 18 that I wasnt doing at 15..

It's probably more about boring things like paying bills than trips to the pub and stripclubs.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The poll is dumb so I won't take part in it, but as to the topic title, 21 has always been the age you're officially an adult - at least where I'm from. Society might have the right to jail you for the maximum amount of time possible, but you're still a kid at 18.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

The poll is dumb so I won't take part in it, but as to the topic title, 21 has always been the age you're officially an adult - at least where I'm from. Society might have the right to jail you for the maximum amount of time possible, but you're still a kid at 18.

Where are you from?

In Canada it's 18 all around for voting, and for most provinces for drinking. Some I believe have 19 for a drinking age. In the U.S. 18 is the age when you are allowed to vote (which is one corner stone for measuring when someone is an adult....others use drinking age).

In the Dominican Republic, the drinking age is 15, and the driving age is 17, and 18 for voting (though if you're married, I hear it's 12.....ooo, how about that, I learned something on vacation!).

For a normal person, I'd say late teens. In Eddo's case, never.

I would however just like to take the opportunity to say that the drinking age in this country (US) is absolute crap. It's the highest in the world at 21. At 18 we're apparently old enough to vote, old enough to serve in the military (and perhaps die), and yet we still aren't old enough to drink.

For a normal person, I'd say late teens.  In Eddo's case, never. 

I would however just like to take the opportunity to say that the drinking age in this country (US) is absolute crap.  It's the highest in the world at 21.  At 18 we're apparently old enough to vote, old enough to serve in the military (and perhaps die), and yet we still aren't old enough to drink.

That's so the youngsters can die for their country, but not accidentally in a road accident from being under the influence ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That happens after age 21 too. Frequently.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I was going to make so stupid drinking-related joke, but realised how stupid this topic is.

Now...let's move on.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

This is a stupid topic, because 'growing up' is a stupid concept.

Just because you can deal with the world doesn't mean you're grown up. I'm eighteen and I'm immature as dingo, and so are most people I know. Heck, my dad is worse than I am.