New Info about Revan: spoiler!

alright-

so i have an xbox, and a KOTOR 2 game that i sold had a different version of the KOTOR 2 game i have now. usually when i played as the usual male character (guardian,consular), i'd get a clip of Lt. Grenn talking about when you escape citadel station. except he was talking with an ADmiral Cede of the Sojourn.

with the version i have now, Cede is replaced by Carth Onasi. i thought that was a glitch but he kept coming back. then near the end of the game when i come back to citadel station after defeating Nihilus, Lt. Grenn meets up with you and says that admiral onasi awaits. then you get into a converstation with carth about if you had met Revan at all, or knew of his whereabouts. Carth Mentions that Revan gave him orders to keep the republic stable. when you leave, bastilla appears and asks carth "did he know?" then discusses with him that she's afraid they'll never find revan

i've never seen this before, so my question is, which version is the normal one? it's frustrating when you suddenly get two versions of a game...

All sorts of things change depending on how you answer Attons questions at the start. As well as your gender.

Whether or not you can see the holocron on Korriban. Whether Carth appears or you get a different admiral. What NPCs tell you about events. The holgorams etc.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

is the holo that mical talks to determined by revan's gender and alignment?  because i set Revan to DSF and i still saw carth in the holo on dantooine.  maybe this is just a glitch.

:(

For a DSF Revan, Carth should be dead and not appear in the game at all... :(

In fact, Carth should be gone for a DS Revan, regardless of gender.

Yeah, it is glitch

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

i assumed as much. in all of my previous games w/ DSF revan, mical is talking to cede. ah, how we love the glitches of TSL. i'm glad i had played this several times, or else i would be quite lost.

edit:

all but two. one incident i mentioned above, and another time mical was talking to an empty space.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

Never got Carth or Cede there... :thumbsup:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Uhum, they talk about Revan... :-"

Not the exile :thumbsup:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Why wouldn't Carth be alive for dark side Revan?  You can't kill Carth in KOTOR1; he just runs away.

You can if you play F!Revan. If you go darkside at the Temple, and have completed the romance with him, he shows up on that Forge and tries to convince you to turn back, however, you have no choice but to kill him or let Bastila kill him. :p **cries**

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

there should be more outcomes, you should be able to see what happened to carth if you set revan DSM, because if you where DS revan carth just ran away, probabally hid somewhere on rakata prime, and then revan z00ming off in the ebon hawk, and as i always say "dont worry the rakatans would have eaten carth alive :lol::) "

Guest The Architect
there should be more outcomes, you should be able to see what happened to carth if you set revan DSM, because if you where DS revan carth just ran away, probabally hid somewhere on rakata prime, and then revan z00ming off in the ebon hawk, and as i always say "dont worry the rakatans would have eaten carth alive :lol::) "

I've heard that at some point, DSM Revan does hunt down and kill Carth, but it's not official, I think it's just a popular theory more than anything, but something that supports that theory is that if Carth were still alive (for DSM Revan) then wouldn't he would be the Admiral, not Cede?

Although as Mellypie has said some time ago, why would the Republic make someone an Admiral who didn't even try to prevent the return of the Dark Lord? However, if Carth had of tried to stop Revan, it's most likely that he would have failed.

Edited by The Architect

Guest The Architect
yeah i suppose

You know, I kind of hope Carth is actually still alive for a DSM Revan, it would be nice to kill him in K3, not that I hated Carth, I thought he was a pretty smart bloke and an interesting well-written character but he was too annoying and paranoid and too pro-Republic for me and since I'm Neutral/DS, I just clashed with him a lot and never really got along with him.

Carth should not be brought back in K3 'if' you set Revan as DSF but 'if' you set Revan as DSM, LSM or LSF then he should be in K3, and killable too, well, at least for a DSM Revan considering he wouldn't be the Admiral.

i agree, i didnt hate carth. people say that he is a whining jerk, but he has his reasons and like you said he was a good bloke and i have to agree. i thought that he should, and his son dustil would have perhaps fit pretty well on telos (carth already is meantioned) dustil says that hes gona go back to telos, and i thought that having him instead of lt. grenn would have been better, because he would have been of significance, not just some jerk old man. and yeah if there is a k3, you should be reunited with carth, and be able to physically talk to him (uncover history ect.) and do whatever later

Do you seriously think they will implement all 16 options for K3?

It would be a shame if they did not.

Besides, it might not be such a major thing to do. It just comes down to letting the options chosen have clear consequences in K3. That does not necessarily mean writing different plots for each possibility, which is unlikely in the extr...

No, it's just not going to happen!

maybe carth could get thrown down a giant endless hole on some also giant space station... this sounds too much like Palpy's death...

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"