The Power of the Grey Jedi

Yep, Darkside is the best to dispose of enemies quick, and it makes you incredibly strong

seriously, who focuses on pure lightside moves? all those lightsiders our there probabally have atleast 1 darkside power. the advantage of the darkside is 50+ force points, and all those pwnage-ass darkside powers have FP reduction, so crush is even more uber, because you can do it all :)

But thats exactly what Im saying. Having just light side powers isn't good enough, which is all the more reason to be a grey jedi so you can us the best powers of each side. I do understand that 50 force points is a nice thing, but honestly, once you have at least 300 force points just from leveling up you'll never run out. All it takes is one force storm to clear a room, and thats only like 10points or something. Its unrealistic to think you'll drasticly need those extra force points.

but im explaining, most of the forcepowers used, the offensive force powers are dark, and those force powers are the most efficient (kill, choke, crush, storm, death field ect.) and when the DS force powers get to their later, and higher stages they cost more force points, so being darkside has the advantage of FP reduction of DS force powers

EDIT: Oh, and you can go for the neutral choices instead of the extreme ones (which gives either LS or DS points).

if you meant to type 'neither LS or DS pts.' it's news to me; is that really possible? I thought the game just forces you into extremes (well sw being the simple moralistic tale that it is; it needs to be like that); so the only way to stay 'grey' is to artificially keep your points balanced by doing good and bad stuff alternately. That surely spoils the role playing experience altogether.

In some cases you do have a "balanced" way out that would suit the grey jedi, but it's usually only when you get LS or DS points for saying good or nasty things. In those cases where you must make a choice, you will invariably be forced to take either LS or DS points, yes.

What prestige class do you get if you're neutral? My understanding was the game forces a prestige class on you by the time you do your last planet, if you didn't take one at level 15?

None is what you get. The game offers the possibility of a prestige class when you reach level 15, but since three are LS and the other three are DS, you can't take them unless you're within about 25% of mastery of either extreme.

Bad grey jedi! There is no reward for indecision - so no prestige classes for you! :huh:

:blink:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The question is: Did prestige classes *really* make a difference, apart from gameplay bonuses? And did it have to come about as a result of a little chat with the old woman in her quarters? I was disappointed both by the way we got to build our lightsaber, and the way the prestige-class was granted.

Anyhow in 4 weeks when I'll have finished all my schoolwork I'll surrender myself to Kotor I for a couple of days and I don't think I'll be bothered at all by the absence of a prestige-class.

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

There should have been a "whoa, you managed to stay grey, huh?" prestige class.

or maybe a "wow, looks like you couldnt make up your mind, whether you want to be LS or DS aye?" class

Bonus Force Power for this prestige class: Force Perseverence

(When you keep trying, it enables you to solve broken and cut quests. Or if you wait long enough at the Trayus academy it shows the cut material)

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

you only get that extra prestige if you have close ties either to LS or DS, and 75% towards it.

if your grey, you just continuing your path of jedi sentinel/consular/guardian

Do you get force crush or enlightenment on Dantooine? Or both?

I'm intrigued, because the Sith Lord/Jedi Master classes suck, I'm thinking going straight consular is the way to go for neutral characters

you only get that extra prestige if you have close ties either to LS or DS, and 75% towards it.

if your grey, you just continuing your path of jedi sentinel/consular/guardian

I'm intrigued, because the Sith Lord/Jedi Master classes suck, I'm thinking going straight consular is the way to go for neutral characters

i dont think you would get either, because usually those 2 powers are associated with strong allignment to either sides, but im gona just assume enlightenment. but ive never gone that far as a neutral character.

The question is: Did prestige classes *really* make a difference, apart from gameplay bonuses? And did it have to come about as a result of a little chat with the old woman in her quarters? I was disappointed both by the way we got to build our lightsaber, and the way the prestige-class was granted.

Anyhow in 4 weeks when I'll have finished all my schoolwork I'll surrender myself to Kotor I for a couple of days and I don't think I'll be bothered at all by the absence of a prestige-class.

yeah, prestiges gain special force moves which other prestiges dont get, and you get other advantages, sith lord for example: force move: crush opposition, corrupt party and stuff, and you get so many forcepoints you dont know what to do with them all

Same as the ending you get...

When you did cruel things like killing all masters Crush and DS ending

When you did all nice (juck) stuff like keeping them alive Force Enlightment and LS ending

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Not true... I actually killed 2 masters during the LS period of me and I got the LS ending and Force Enlightment

When (as DS) killing 1 master yielded me DS ending and Force Crush...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Where on dantoine do you get force crush and force enlightenment?

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force

Blast, this is the General section of Kotor2...

Since the mods are as nice to remove our edit function would they also be so nice as to add spoilertags where needed on my (and other people's) post?

^

I have noticed that the majority of people are dark or light. Most people dark because of the sheer power of force storm and force crush. But by becoming a grey jedi you can combine the best powers of each side together. Although a greyjedi doesn't get to gain a prestege class, their crystal is better than everybody elses. It gains you plus 24 force resistance, plus 3 attack, and plus 5 in every attribute. On top of that, many grey artifacts or items such as Jolees robes or bindos band give you an incredible charisma bonus. Therefore I personaly play as grey due to the unique bonuses and abilities often overlooked. My question to you is have you ever played as grey or have ever considered it?

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox/file/s..._ii_crystal.txt

No your crystal is not as good as you speak. The nice thing about it though is it gives you bonuses to ALL your attributes but it gives you no SUPER high attributes and no damage bonus.

Here are the stats. Determine for yourself what it better.

FULL LIGHTSIDE AND FULL POWER.

Alignment: Light Side

Upgrade level: 9

Strength: +5

Dexterity: +6

Wisdom: +7

Damage: +10 Light Side vs Dark Side

+5 Light Side

Attack: +3

Slow, 25% for 6sec, DC22

Description: This white crystal radiates an immense ammount of light, almost

blinding anyone who looks at it.

NEUTRAL AND FULL POWER.

Alignment: Neutral

Strength: +4

Dexterity: +4

Constitution: +5

Wisdom: +5

Charisma: +4

Force Resist: +24

Description: This gray crystal radiates an immense ammount of light, almost

DARKSIDE AND FULL POWER.

Alignment: Dark Side

Strength: +7

Dexterity: +5

Charisma: +6

Damage: +5 Dark Side

Massive Criticals: +3-30

Knockdown, DC22

Description: This black crystal radiates an immense amount of light, almost

Although the neutral crystal covers all your attributes some most are not very high compared to full lightside and darkside lvl 9 crystals. Also they give no knockdowns or damage bonuses. The darkside crystal gives me plus 7 strength, 5 darkside damage, massive criticals 3-30 (WOW). That GREATLY increases your damage. Also all the other stuff is very useful. You won't do much damage compared to light and dark.

Also as a neutral it is harder to wield soem very good items that are restricted to one side. It also takes up mroe force points.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

None of this makes sense and besides how can u stay grey throughout whole game and if u do manage that were do u get jolees robes and bindo band and all that? cuz i have tried to find it and never have been able to lol

Only way to stay gray is to shift between LS and DS choices, and sometimes maybe take the neutral choices when they're there.

Where to find Jolee's band (are his robes in there too?) cannot be answered. These are among the randomly distributed items of the game, which I think are just way, way, *WAY* too random. Finding requires the relevant experience level (since random items are granted with that as a basis) and pure, boring *LUCK*

Seriously, you can play the game several times without ever finding the Bindo band.