The Power of the Grey Jedi

I have noticed that the majority of people are dark or light. Most people dark because of the sheer power of force storm and force crush. But by becoming a grey jedi you can combine the best powers of each side together. Although a greyjedi doesn't get to gain a prestege class, their crystal is better than everybody elses. It gains you plus 24 force resistance, plus 3 attack, and plus 5 in every attribute. On top of that, many grey artifacts or items such as Jolees robes or bindos band give you an incredible charisma bonus. Therefore I personaly play as grey due to the unique bonuses and abilities often overlooked. My question to you is have you ever played as grey or have ever considered it?

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force

Considered it I have, and there is no doubt the advantages in the Gray side.

I personally am a hard core LS player, the powers are more heroic in style and I just like the LS storyline better. But yes, each side has its advantages, Grey being kind of like the Sentinal of the sides of the force. I would say Dark is likened to a Jedi Guardian, The Light side to a Jedi Consular, and the Grey side to a Sentinal. Grey offering more balance and whatnot, touching both sides, mastering none. Dark being more powerful and aggressive. And the Light tending more towards knowledge and wisdom.

So whichever suits you, I always liked the Consular myself. :D

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Considered it I have, and there is no doubt the advantages in the Gray side.

I personally am a hard core LS player, the powers are more heroic in style and I just like the LS storyline better. But yes, each side has its advantages, Grey being kind of like the Sentinal of the sides of the force. I would say Dark is likened to a Jedi Guardian, The Light side to a Jedi Consular, and the Grey side to a Sentinal. Grey offering more balance and whatnot, touching both sides, mastering none. Dark being more powerful and aggressive. And the Light tending more towards knowledge and wisdom.

So whichever suits you, I always liked the Consular myself.  :D

Do you happen to know if I will get mira or hanhaar? Who you get is determined by weither your light or dark. So if Im grey what happens. Also which vision will kreia give me at the end of the game b/c that also is decided by your alignment.

I have noticed that the majority of people are dark or light. Most people dark because of the sheer power of force storm and force crush. But by becoming a grey jedi you can combine the best powers of each side together. Although a greyjedi doesn't get to gain a prestege class, their crystal is better than everybody elses. It gains you plus 24 force resistance, plus 3 attack, and plus 5 in every attribute. On top of that, many grey artifacts or items such as Jolees robes or bindos band give you an incredible charisma bonus. Therefore I personaly play as grey due to the unique bonuses and abilities often overlooked. My question to you is have you ever played as grey or have ever considered it?

You mean to tell I been playing lightside for no reason . I've been trying to get Jolee's robes for like a year.

If your 'grey' jedi, you'll prob get mira but then it is extremely hard to get a perfect neutral because there isnt many 'neutral' outcomes in dialogue its either lightside or darkside so it pushes you to one side and depending on that little bit of allignment you have to that side it will effect who you get, even if you are grey but have small darkside you may end up getting hanharr

I tend to play around in the grey area, not too light or too dark. One of the reasons I do so is you will not get penalized so bad if you use a alignment specific force power.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I tend to play around in the grey area, not too light or too dark. One of the reasons I do so is you will not get penalized so bad if you use a alignment specific force power.

Not that that matters with the HUGE amount of FP in then end combined with the

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

DS Crush is so much better than force enlightenment. I went through the whole Malachor V surface using force crush on those storm beasts, and when I got inside I used a mix of mind trick and force crush :shifty:

Grey is useful I agree, because you can get influence with everyone, and the LS and DS gains should cancel each other out. Plus I found a useful glitch while sparring with the handmaiden the second time. As soon as the fight starts, use a force power to end it. I have herd that this bug can give you an unlimited influence with her (which I didnt get), but I found that the unlimited DS points was more useful, as you can push your alighnment to neutral if you are too LS

[i did this 2/3 through the game, so I couldnt Jedify her because of a game bug, but I didnt care for her influence anyway]

. I recommend becoming neutral *after* korriban

afterall, we all want to go into that tomb to look at Revan dont we :D

Edited by aerowars617

Grey side and neutrals, come on and pick a side. Either good or evil, light or dark.  :)

No thanks I like being a grey jedi seeking knowledge in all aspects of the force. Besides, being a rebel is just so much fun :D

you will get Mira if you are a grey or light jedi.

Thanks I didn't know that. What about my endgame though?

Depends. Probably a Grey Sider has kept the masters alive and thus gets the LS ending...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Depends. Probably a Grey Sider has kept the masters alive and thus gets the LS ending...

Good point

Take a walk on the darkside you greysiders.

Why. While being grey I can walk both the dark and light side using the best powers of each encouperating them into a powerful character. Join me and become a grey jedi. Us grey jedi seek knowledge, understanding, and power both in the light and dark side. To limit ones mind to a certain point of view is unwise.

Yep, Darkside is the best to dispose of enemies quick, and it makes you incredibly strong

seriously, who focuses on pure lightside moves? all those lightsiders our there probabally have atleast 1 darkside power. the advantage of the darkside is 50+ force points, and all those pwnage-ass darkside powers have FP reduction, so crush is even more uber, because you can do it all :)

Yep, Darkside is the best to dispose of enemies quick, and it makes you incredibly strong

seriously, who focuses on pure lightside moves? all those lightsiders our there probabally have atleast 1 darkside power. the advantage of the darkside is 50+ force points, and all those pwnage-ass darkside powers have FP reduction, so crush is even more uber, because you can do it all :(

Probably more than one... :(

But really, how can you blame us - even Luke used Choke on the gamorreans in RotJ.

He did never use Force Storm, though, did he... :">

How do you manage to balance the ls/ds points that you keep getting throughout the game? Do something good and then a bit of evil----like that?

That's the way to do it, yes.

EDIT: Oh, and you can go for the neutral choices instead of the extreme ones (which gives either LS or DS points).

Edited by Jediphile

seriously, who focuses on pure lightside moves? all those lightsiders our there probabally have atleast 1 darkside power. the advantage of the darkside is 50+ force points, and all those pwnage-ass darkside powers have FP reduction, so crush is even more uber, because you can do it all :)

But thats exactly what Im saying. Having just light side powers isn't good enough, which is all the more reason to be a grey jedi so you can us the best powers of each side. I do understand that 50 force points is a nice thing, but honestly, once you have at least 300 force points just from leveling up you'll never run out. All it takes is one force storm to clear a room, and thats only like 10points or something. Its unrealistic to think you'll drasticly need those extra force points.

EDIT: Oh, and you can go for the neutral choices instead of the extreme ones (which gives either LS or DS points).

if you meant to type 'neither LS or DS pts.' it's news to me; is that really possible? I thought the game just forces you into extremes (well sw being the simple moralistic tale that it is; it needs to be like that); so the only way to stay 'grey' is to artificially keep your points balanced by doing good and bad stuff alternately. That surely spoils the role playing experience altogether.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M