Vote LORDI!

Grone

:x Dirty Dane
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

aiee.gif Noes!
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

This. Is. ****ing. Incredible. Not only did they win, they won THE most convincing victory in the history of Eurovision! :blink:

A mighty big thank you from me and about 10.000 Danish metal-heads goes to Finland.

A couple of quotes from interviews with Lordi after the big win:

Popprincesses who whine about how hard it is to compete in Eurovision have no clue... Compared to touring with a rock band, Eurovision is nothing

Yes, I definetely think Eurovision will have to change. If this isn't a sign that people are getting bored watching 200 versions of "how to play ABBA" each year, I don't know what is

I'm just worried we'll get sued by all the people who were choked in their m

Hopefully not anymore (one may dream...)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Carola just sounds too Abba, imo.

Then again, we did the twist ting... not very proud of that one, but at least it wasn't gay-guy-with-red-shoes who represented us last year. (why does the stereotype gay always have to be the one we see on stage? <_<)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

But you do see them, they just don't flaunt themselves. Heck, any of the competitors in the contest could have been one. To them liking manlove is not such a big deal.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

True, I think those who flaunt it with the limp wrists and what have you are a minority, really.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I am bumping this thread to tell a little bit of what has been going on over here in Finland during the last week. I can honestly say that overhearing two about seventy-year old men discussing the merits of hard rock and metal at a street cafe was one of the most surreal experiences in my life. Anyway...

Unsurprisingly, Lordi has been in the headlines every ****ing day. I can't even begin to guess how many pages the tabloids have written of them at this point. We had a semi-major controversy when some celebrity magazine published a picture of the lead singer, Tomi Putaansuu(Mr Lordi) sans make-up, despite the band's repeatedly stated wishes that this not be done. The fan uproar over this somewhat assholish move was deafening. The online petition calling for the boycott of the magazine has, at the time of this writing, gathered over 230 000 signatures in just two days, online forums have been full of curses and death threats, and so on. The magazine apologised earlier today, and promised not to publish any more pictures of the band without their masks. You can chalk this as the first time ever an online petition achieved something. Though it may be that some companies cancelling their ad campaigns had a greater persuasive effect. Who knows.

Moving on, the former hometown of Mr. Lordi, and mine, Rovaniemi, has promised to name a square after Lordi, in honour of the bands achievment. They also intedn to give a plot of land to their hero. I guess this is justified in the sense that Mr Lordi remembers to mention he comes from Rovaniemi every time he gets a chance, and even carries the crest of arms of the municipality as part of his armour. This kind of publicity a town that lives from tourism simply can't get with money.

Needless to say, the band has gained tens, maybe hunders of thousands new fans. Their record label quickly issued 20 000 additional copies of Lordi's new album, The Arockalypse, which I suspect is selling like hot cakes. Agreement has also been reached of publishing and marketing the record in 18 European countries. The band is probably going to make millions out of this, which is fine. In a surprise (or maybe not so) move our Prime Minister, Matti Vanhanen, admitted to being a metalhead. He was seen posing with the band and signaling The Goat with his right hand. Take seriously if you may.

Today there was a big open air concert in Lordi's honour in the Market Square of Helsinki. Lordi and some other Finnish bands played. Apparently eighty thousand people were present. The event also got into the Guinness Book of Records when they broke the record of singing karaoke. Yeah, eighty thousand people were singing, and the song was, of course, Hard Rock Hallelujah. President Tarja Halonen was also present, and presented the band with the official recognition of the Association for Finnish Work. The event was broadcast in the national network. I couldn't be present, living far away from Helsinki, but maybe Kirottu or Ankara Halla can relate some first hand impressions. They both live in the capital, if my memory serves.

Yeah, Finns take the everything seriously. Even collectively going nuts. I realise that the same or worse is ahead in the May 2007 when we have to host the bloody event, but I hope the media frenzy is now well and truly over for a year.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

From Tarna's, Jussi?

Yeah, it's horrible even in the backwater town I live(Kouvola).

kirottu said:

Finns sure can't have much to celebrate when winning the Eurovision Song Contest causes this..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

From Tarna's, Jussi?

Yeah, it's horrible even in the backwater town I live(Kouvola).

From Mistress Lair. I always enjoy quoting Balthamael, because of his way of words. :)

Finns sure can't have much to celebrate when winning the Eurovision Song Contest causes this..

I think it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

You know you've got too much free time when

"It's so wrong," said 15-year-old Milla Luoto, dressed in black and walking with two similarly clad friends in the center of the Finnish capital. "Lordi didn't want his face shown and they just did it anyway. I am really angry."

Spreading beauty with my katana.