Vote LORDI!

Grone

dislike the Eurovision contest, mainly because they rarely have anything else to show other than ****ty pop music and men in tights. BUT this year, it's going to be different. Finland has entered with a band called, Lordi, which plays nothing other than Heavy Metal, and goes on stage wearing demonic outfits (kind of a lame finnish version of SlipKnot). So, all you metal-heads and those who follow, vote Lordi for this years Eurovision!

http://www.lordi.org/main.html

Version of Slipknot? More like Gwar or KISS.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Lordi himself is talented, but his singing voice is totally wrong for this kind of music. Should just stick to composing.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

"om ne call us Greece, we are Hellas!!!111"

I totally hate Greek net nerds. Those guys act like they still are part of the most civilized nation of the world. Yeah, sure.

kirottu said:

More like Macedon. And those guys are slavs these days.

kirottu said:

I don't like much about Lordi. There is a lot of better finnish Metal bands but meh, who cares! :shifty:

Lordi himself said to this "OMG!! Lordi can't go to Eurovision, we must get 'em out there!" -thing: "They are just f*cking Eurovision, who cares?" :o

Exactly. Eurovisions are quite bad anyway.

IMO they should've chosen Monsterman instead of Hard Rock Hallelujah, it is much better.

Sorry if this link is here already: http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/04/17/news/finn.php

That article is hilarious! :lol: KGB agents!

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

More like Macedon. And those guys are slavs these days.

Oh, a Greek would be up in arms over that statement. :shifty:

Alexander was born in Pella, present day Central Macedonia in northern Greece.

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I dont get it. Why would I want to listen to some horrid Finnish GWAR clone that sounds like a watered-down Judas Priest?

Music nowadays is either just inane or shamelessly recycling older stuff. I suppose the 1000 monkeys with a 1000 electric guitars have finally written every decent tune that could be written.... atleast in the metal genre

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Music nowadays is either just inane or shamelessly recycling older stuff. I suppose the 1000 monkeys with a 1000 electric guitars have finally written every decent tune that could be written.... atleast in the metal genre

You've said that already.

See? Even I, myself is repeating stuff... we're stuck in a loop.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The problem with Barlast is that he never tries branching out, he's been apparently stuck in this soulless wankery prog-phase for a while now, and he makes all kinds of what he calls "conscious decisions", ie : no rap\jazz\blues\etc.

I mean I love the guy like the brother I never wanted but sometimes his attitude towards music gets on my nerves.

That and he listens to Tool. There's absolutely no reason for someone to be listening to Tool. Ever. *

Fine, Opiate was decent, but that was a decade ago.

But he's right, Lordi sound like ****, while I love this whole Eurovision thing, I'd never listen to them in otherwise normal circumstances.

Edited by Baley

Prog ran out of steam in the late 70's, Jazz did so long before then and blues is as dead as latin. Peter Gabriel is crap nowadays, John Coltrane is dead and so is Muddy Waters.

All genres die out eventually, some just refuse to admit theyre dying. Like Metal

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

The affair, he says, has exposed the insecurity of a young country whose language is spoken by only six million people worldwide

Is that all? Do Finns not like sex or something?

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

We've like tripled over the last 60 years.

You're right though, a little over half the population doesn't like sex. :cat:

kirottu said:

You're right though, a little over half the population doesn't like sex. :(

:cat:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

ZING

kirottu said: