Help with Windows Media Player

Okay, my desktop recently bit it. The power supply surged and destroyed my motherboard. Instead of fixing it, I combined the parts into my wifes computer. I figured, since her's is due for an upgrade later this year, I'd just put in the best components between the two and, while I'm at it, reinstall windows in order to clean up some of the clutter. I'm going to stick mostly to my laptop and we can suffer through two computers for the time being.

Anyhow, the problem is that, in installing everything and whatnot, I've been using her system. Kind of like a stress test sort of thing. The upshot is, sometimes I sign on to the boards from her computer, which highlighted a problem. It used to be when I clicked on the link for one of the movies, media player would start and the movie would play. Now, however, it asks if I want to download the movie or open it. It's irritating and it takes longer. On the other hand, some of the in-game stuff comes out really dark on my laptop. Any ideas of what the hell I managed to do wrong?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You Know, I've increasingly become a Llyranor fan over the years. You're still a yutz, but dammit, I like you. You could marry my sister.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!