Some very good news!!! (Original SW Movies on DVD)

Yes, that goes without saying but that is not what I mean.

I wanted the first DVD edition of Star Wars to be available in the original theatrical version. I was very disapointed when GL said in an interview that it would never happen because the "special" edition was his final cut of the films, what he always wanted Star Wars to be and he seemed to be spitting on the original theatrical release.

So this re-release, even though it is another attempt at milking this mad cow, is good news for those of us that are still watching the Original Theatrical Version on VCR...

Lucas is desperate enough to do anything for $$$, if he though he could make money doing a "Howard the duck" prequel, he would.

Still, I wonder where all the money goes? Hes already filthy rich.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

(w00t)

Fabulous!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I dont see why people make such a huge fuss about this? I mean I know know people will say "Greedo Shot 1st, Heracy!", but these are small things. I personally would think that more content is better value for money.

It'll have both versions in one DVD. Edited and original :devil:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

The 'greedo shot first!' is the only SW argument I will ever get into on the basis that Han Solo is awsome and it's PART of his awsome that he shot Greedo before Greedo actually did anything.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I already have special editions on triple DVD. But on the other hand.....god dammit! :ermm:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

i already have the new trilogy on dvd, and im not going to buy these, like some mentioned, i also had hoped it was kotor3 stuff *sigh* yep lucasarts will do anything to make more money. im not re-buying the trilogy unless they modernise the eps again with full ep3 quality tech. but same story, but thats not gona happen

i already have the new trilogy on dvd, and im not going to buy these, like some mentioned, i also had hoped it was kotor3 stuff *sigh* yep lucasarts will do anything to make more money. im not re-buying the trilogy unless they modernise the eps again with full ep3 quality tech. but same story, but thats not gona happen

NO! Fricking h*ll, no!

This thing came mostly because the great pleading from fans. But yeah : If they want to buy original movies, so why not, we get cash from it anyway.

But making them with ep3 quality tech! OMG! No no no!

Everything is so plastic and unrealistic in PT.

Edited by Xard

Let me get this straight... I've got the original trilogy on VHS and on DVD... and now they're expecting me to buy the DVDs again?

...Cause, you know... I will... :ermm:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Let me get this straight... I've got the original trilogy on VHS and on DVD... and now they're expecting me to buy the DVDs again?

...Cause, you know... I will... :p

Same here :p

edit: Bur original original trilogy isn't in DVD until these will come out :(

Edited by Xard

Us die hard fans will buy whatever versions come out. I have the originals and the altered version on VHS. I bought the DVD version not long ago, and now this one? Mr. Lucas is making money off me.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I agree with Xard.

I still prefer good 'ol mattes and models over CGI effects. Or a healthy mix of both like with LotR.

However, Lucas's wife divorced him soon after the OT was done and she left with most of his fortune. After that, he made most of his money from royalties and producing jobs but a lot of it came from ILM, who's services have been rented out for just about every sci-fi film made after Star Wars. Selling ILM's technologies has been a big part of GL's professional life and when you get movies like the New Trilogy it is very easy to assume that they are nothing more than tech demos for him to sell more of ILM's new technologies(and toys) and processes(like THX).

I wonder if the image & sound has been enhanced for these new DVDs or if they just digitized and burned them onto disks from original, used tapes. And wasn't the OT's images and sounds enhanced for the Special Editions a ways back before the CGI additions?

''There can be no doubt that in this world nothing is so indispensable

as love. I observe that Charlotte could not lose me without a

pang, and the very children have but one wish; that is, that I

should visit them again to-morrow. I went this afternoon to tune

Charlotte's piano. But I could not do it, for the little ones

insisted on my telling them a story; and Charlotte herself urged

me to satisfy them. I waited upon them at tea, and they are now

as fully contented with me as with Charlotte; and I told them my

very best tale of the princess who was waited upon by dwarfs.

I improve myself by this exercise, and am quite surprised at the

impression my stories create. If I sometimes invent an incident

which I forget upon the next narration, they remind one directly

that the story was different before; so that I now endeavour to

relate with exactness the same anecdote in the same monotonous

tone, which never changes. I find by this, how much an author

injures his works by altering them, even though they be improved

in a poetical point of view. The first impression is readily

received. We are so constituted that we believe the most incredible

things; and, once they are engraved upon the memory, woe to him

who would endeavour to efface them.''

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (From the The Sorrows of Young Werther, 1774)

This looks like it will soon be too confusing as to which version has wat content etc. I am holding out for the grand daddy of all 6 movies (w00t). No point splashing before then, besides, I have the original trillogy (+ Episode 1 and 2 from TV) on VHS, which will suffice for now.

''There can be no doubt that in this world nothing is so indispensable

as love.  I observe that Charlotte could not lose me without a

pang, and the very children have but one wish; that is, that I

should visit them again to-morrow.  I went this afternoon to tune

Charlotte's piano.  But I could not do it, for the little ones

insisted on my telling them a story; and Charlotte herself urged

me to satisfy them.  I waited upon them at tea, and they are now

as fully contented with me as with Charlotte; and I told them my

very best tale of the princess who was waited upon by dwarfs.

I improve myself by this exercise, and am quite surprised at the

impression my stories create.  If I sometimes invent an incident

which I forget upon the next narration, they remind one directly

that the story was different before; so that I now endeavour to

relate with exactness the same anecdote in the same monotonous

tone, which never changes.  I find by this, how much an author

injures his works by altering them, even though they be improved

in a poetical point of view.  The first impression is readily

received.  We are so constituted that we believe the most incredible

things; and, once they are engraved upon the memory, woe to him

who would endeavour to efface them.''

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (From the The Sorrows of Young Werther, 1774)

If Edvard Munch would've remaid The Scream to add hair on the figure because that is what his original intention was but he ran out of brown paint, what would be more appealing to own/appreciate, the new or the original?

(I'm just asking :( )

Edited by astr0creep

Not to compare GL with them or anything, but now that Goethe's been quoted it might be safe to say this: Certain composers (Brahms foremost) kept working on finished compositions in order to refine them further. The thing is, this usually took place before publication. It's rare indeed that published compositions got substantially altered; but you do have some notable examples. There are two versions of Wagner's Flying Dutchman, for instance, one in 'number-opera' format----the way he had to stage it----and one in 'continuous drama format'----the way he intended it to be. The second version is (rightly) taken to be the canonical. Mind you I'm not comparing all this with GL; but it's not 'a law of the arts' (?!) that the finished product can *never* be changed.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

I prefer the newer versions myself. Now if George could have done some editing like removing the Ewoks out of RotJ that would be awesome.

i agree... i hated the ewoks even more than i hated disciple and the remote. and that's saying a lot. i thought it was rather far-fetched (even for star wars!) that a bunch of teddy bears could beat the same army that, just a little over two decades ago, defeated entire droid armies. granted, they may not have been clones, but their training could not have gotten that bad.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."