who is Nihilus

ok ive played the game 3 times but i still cant figure out wat exactly Nihilus has to do with the storyline or even who he is

if someone could give me some info so i could get more understanding of the game

thx in advance

Guest JediMaster777
ok ive played the game 3 times but i still cant figure out wat exactly Nihilus has to do with the storyline or even who he is

if someone could give me some info so i could get more understanding of the game

thx in advance

I think Nihilus was just another antagonist for the story. Also, he is a major part in the character development of Visa. I honestly think he's just another sith lord to kill to quench your bloodlust.

Big tip:he has a voice wich sounds like a flushing toilet,hope it helps :thumbsup:"

There is no peace; there is aggression.

There is no fear; there is power.

There is no serenity, there is anger.

There is no weakness; there is strength.

There is no death; there is the immortality of the Dark Side.

I am the Heart of Darkness.

I know no fear, but rather I instill it in my enemies.

I am the destroyer of worlds.

I know the power of the Dark Side.

I am the fire of hate.

All the Universe bows before me.

I pledge myself to the Darkness.

For I have found true life, in the death of the light.

Speak to Visas and Kreia they tell you all you need to know.

Kreia says: He... if he can truly be called a man any longer... is one of the dark lords that pursues you. I do not think he knows what you are, not yet. He spared the Miraluka, and that may have been the last shred of feeling that exists within him. Keep his slave close to you. I suspect there was a reason he spared her... and perhaps a reason that she survived when the rest of her people and the Jedi did not. Perhaps he is bound to her... as I am bound to you. If so, there may be a death served by hers.

About his power:

It is a technique that is almost as old as the Sith themselves... it is a means of severing connections between life, the Force, and feeding upon the death it causes. It cannot be taught... it can only be gained through instinct, through experiencing its effects, first-hand.

{Quietly} Yes. And he fed upon its destruction - it will sustain him, for a time.Because it is not something that can ever truly be controlled... and it leaves nothing to conquer in its wake. And it rules him, not the other way around. It has its own will, its own instincts.

{Chiding} Power? Do you think so? {Shakes head} You would be wrong. There is no strength in the hunger he possesses... and the will behind his power is a primal thing. And it devours him as he devours others - his mere presence kills all around him, slowly, feeding him. He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls.

Nothing is impossible with the Force. It is an energy that flows through all living things. And like energy, it may be harnessed, channeled, and consumed at times. It may even be a substance that can burn and ignite.

Do not think of his power as one would a weapon, or one of your warships of the Republic. It is terrible, but it is still a subtle thing. The sect of assassins that chase you feed on the Force... what he does is simply the pinnacle of what they could achieve, in time. And that is why they - and their techniques - must be wiped out. No one again must experience and learn what her master did.

As much as one may use the Force to bolster the wills and strengths of others, the reverse is possible, though not often used. Instead of sending one's will through connections in the Force, instead such connections are drawn upon, fed upon, and drained completely.

Then you understand how terrible such a power is. And why it must be ended. It is an empty road to the dark side, and by traveling it, the price is death before one's time. He is a breach in the Force, capable of consuming the lives of those around him. Sometimes the touch is slow, as it is with his crew. It is not something he can direct or focus, much like hunger itself. He is more of a hole in the Force than a living thing.

Force Sensitives and worlds rich in the Force draw him. The Miraluka world was one such place. That is why where the Jedi gather, Jedi will die. He will feel it, unless they mask their presence - but Katarr called out as a beacon to him, and he could not resist it.

And he cares nothing for the Sith or its teachings... or the Jedi. And when the Jedi are dead, he will feed on the galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well. And when the Jedi are dead, her master will feed on the galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well. There is no future in the empty galaxy he sees. And that is why he must be stopped, the breach must sealed, before his power grows beyond what even we can hope to stop. One cannot have power of that magnitude that her master possesses and still think and perceive the universe as we do, as most of us do.

And Visas says: He cannot deny his hunger for long - and any gathering of Jedi is something he cannot long resist. And now that the Jedi are vanishing, I do not know what will happen - perhaps he will grow strong enough to eradicate all life, merely with his presence.

They hoped to see the threat that had been stalking them. And they did. But they were unprepared for the magnitude of the threat.

It (the destruction of Katarr) was not a thing done with machines or weapons. The Force is far more terrible, and it touches more lives than any machine can hope to slay. For every one that feels the Force, strongly, deeply, each one feels and perceives it in their own way. You have strengths, whether you know it or not. And my master has his.

His power is great, and it comes from hunger. He is a wound in the Force, more presence than flesh, and in his wake, life dies... sacrificing itself to his hunger.{Quietly} And those who feel the Force strongly are beacons to his hunger. My people, my planet, would have been attacked in time, it was inevitable, yet we could do nothing about it.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

there is much mystery behind him, we dont understand what he says, and we dont know what he is, but there is much importance behind him. he is one of the dark lord of the sith at that time. his powers are linked to the exile and what he is capable of doing (if your a DS exile) and he is of importance to kreia, and of course visas her former master

its gutting that you cant wear his mask you could look so cool in that.

i think his voice sounds like a toilet cos the desingers didnt finish the game so they recored a flushing toilet and distorted it a bit lol

:D

To add some more about him. Nihilus was spawned from the wound created by the Exile on Malachor V.

How was the wound created: Every Jedi who fought on Malachor V during the mandalorian wars turned to the Dark Side. The only one who didn't: the Exile. This resulted in a wound in the force and because of that wound Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus were created.

Now, it may not be exactly like that but that is what I believe happened.

Master Vandar lives!

How was the wound created: Every Jedi who fought on Malachor V during the mandalorian wars turned to the Dark Side. The only one who didn't: the Exile. This resulted in a wound in the force and because of that wound Darth Sion and Darth Nihilus were created.
It makes no sense. Why would Exile not turning to the dark side result in a wound in the Force? I still hold the "activating the MSG = wound" theory.

It makes no sense. Why would Exile not turning to the dark side result in a wound in the Force? I still hold the "activating the MSG = wound" theory.

As kriea puts it, the force has a will and as we all know she hates it. BUT the Exile has shown the power of turning away from the force and denying "it's" will. Thus creating a wound but I think your theory of "activating the MSG = wound" is very sensible as well. So many lives being snuffed out does have big consciences

I always believed that MSG theory.

Wound was created when so many died when MSG was activated. In common sense, Exile should've died on Malachor. Instead, he cutted himself from the force. Even after that he was hole in the force. I thought that reseting MSG:s effects as lightside ended the "echo" from Malachor V

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

srry i couldnt reply for a while, i was temporarily grounded for something that wasnt my fault

in fact, i think this has turned out into a very interesting and (for me) information thread

i especially like the miike jones question

Back to the topic: there is a fan theory that Nihilus is Zayne Carrick. Another group believes him to be Exile, but this couldn't have been the authors' intent.

Why not? :)

The latter actually fits rather well, considering the obvious connection between the Exile and Nihilus that the masters refer to... :luck:

Back to the topic: there is a fan theory that Nihilus is Zayne Carrick. Another group believes him to be Exile, but this couldn't have been the authors' intent.

Why not? :ermm:

The latter actually fits rather well, considering the obvious connection between the Exile and Nihilus that the masters refer to... :)

True

i think his voice sounds like a toilet cos the desingers didnt finish the game so they recored a flushing toilet and distorted it a bit lol

:D

i thought it sounded more like his stomach was growling, he was the lord of hunger after all.

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

maybe nihilus could come back in K3 (I know you killed him but use your imagination). that would complete his storyline and maybe make him a much better character.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"