Canon Storylines

Would you prefer the exile as male or female?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer the exile as male or female?

• Male
    • Female

Guest The Architect
In general, I resent any "canonizing" of the KotOR games, because it's unneccessary and stems purely out of LucasFilms desire to use the characters in other media.

How is it difficult to put a disclaimer on Revan or the Exile's "Official Character" sheet that says that "lots of information on this personality has been lost, we don't even know if they're male or female, or what even exactly happened during this period of time".

It's only difficult because LucasFilm know how popular the KotOR stuff is, and want to milk the era for all its worth outside of the games as well. Only *then* does Revan/the Exile's gender or alignment become an issue.

With Jedi Knight, I understand the rationale for making the light side ending canon. The ds ending messed up all the post RotJ continuity - but since neither ending in KotOR, nor Revan's gender, makes any difference in the grand scheme of things, canonizing it is a load of w*nk.

I think LucasFilm might find that this canonizing tactic will backfire on them - as the major appeal of the protagonists in the KotOR games is that they're *your* characters. It won't be long before we get a canon appearance for the pair, and then a canon name for the Exile. Probably a couple of "canon novels" too, taking the place of the games.

If LucasFilm don't want ambigious characters in their continuity, they should stop letting LucasArts publish games that give us a choice.

Whatever - the biggest bugger about this is that the male exile story just works better. You get the better subplot with Atris, the better subplot with Brianna - the only thing you miss out on is the Darth Sion stuff.  (That said the Exile/Atton relationship is probably my favourite, even though its a tad underdeveloped)

Interestingly, if they *had*  to canonize events, I'd have gone with a female Revan (not enough badass female sith lords) and a male Exile. Sure, I prefered the Bastila relationship to Carth's... but they could always get BioWare to go back and script a female/Bastila romance.... :-

Another great post! o:) Your on a roll here, don't stop now! Keep it going. I fully agree with you about this 'canon' bulldust, you didn't just sum up your own thoughts nicely, but you summed up mine pretty well there too.

Well yeah, no question it should be a LS ending officially.

Why the hell should it? If the canon ending was always LS, you could predict how the stories go just by that and it takes all the fun out of it.

I guess exile being female isnt so bad since we now have two lesbians in the story (atris and Exile)

I think the DS ending here ends up disrupting some of the events in Star Wars history, (ie Dantooine being an abandoned planet [which it isn't])

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Well, considering an LS story for K2, it could have been more detailed. And Kreia's constant manipulation sometimes can make dialogue a bit tedious.

Anyway, it somehow feels easier for Jedi Masters on Dantooine to be drained empty of life by Kreia who also knocks Exile unconscious with a force wave rather than having an Exile PC sparring with those Masters and absorbing their knowledge of certain Force forms. Besides, story tends to revolve around Exile and Kreia.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Males are more important

That's inviting quite an argument there ;)

Agreed - very compelling... :ermm:

Anyway, I think Malachor V had a slightly more developed ending as a female because you had a brief revelation of Sion's romantic interest in the Exile, showing that he actually cared about her and added a deeper character in him. Granted, it isn't the Atton-Sion duel, but it's better than the male IMO

I doubt it would be possible for me to disagree more... In the female Exile story, Sion went from being a terrifying, all-powerful, and haunting sith lord to being a love-sick little puppy-boy with an unfortunate undead condition... To call it anti-climactic would be the understatement of the year, I think - more appropriate to call it sickening :x

With the Disciple's traveling onboard with the Ebon Hawk being canon, it does bring forth a piece of the Exile's (and Mical's) history that otherwise wouldn't be present in the male.

As for Brianna, I don't think there was much that would have separated her from the rest of the Handmaidens (I'm sure if you brought along one of the other 5, the result would have been the same). Sure, she does get developed a little bit in the female story, mostly with the Sith holocrons Atris possesses, but IMO I don't think that a female Exile ruined Brianna.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

With the Disciple's traveling onboard with the Ebon Hawk being canon, it does bring forth a piece of the Exile's (and Mical's) history that otherwise wouldn't be present in the male.

As I have argued before, Mical is part of the Exile's past, but doesn't add much to the Exile's present IMHO. He's not insignificant, but he has very little impact on the plot beyond making a connection to a past that the Exile has left behind and explaining some of the Exile's connection (or lack thereof) with the force that you also learn about from other characters anyway...

As for Brianna, I don't think there was much that would have separated her from the rest of the Handmaidens (I'm sure if you brought along one of the other 5, the result would have been the same). Sure, she does get developed a little bit in the female story, mostly with the Sith holocrons Atris possesses, but IMO I don't think that a female Exile ruined Brianna.

The handmaiden sisters did not have Master Kae as their mother, which is fairly essential to Brianna's story (and which is now lost to canon). How is Brianna in any way present in the game beyond a cameo at best in the female Exile's story?!? :thumbsup:

If you like the female Exile's plot, then fair enough, but I'll maintain that female Exile means no jedi Handmaiden, no betrayal of Atris, and no Brianna in the end at all. She becomes a lost character so uninteresting that the plot doesn't even pick on her when the Exile returns to Telos. Female Exile = No Brianna!

And provided a third game is not screwed up with LA being involved unnecessarily.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

And provided a third game is not screwed up with LA being involved unnecessarily.

They own the rights. I doubt very much you will see a Star Wars game where Lucasarts doesn't get involved quite thoroughly.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They do, to some extent. It is just that they might have a slightly different time schedule from whoever is undertaking task of working on K3.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

They own the rights. I doubt very much you will see a Star Wars game where Lucasarts doesn't get involved quite thoroughly.

Just be fortunate George doesn't get overinvolved with a project like this, otherwise some guy with the last name of Skywalker will be seen to be more powerful than Revan or the Exile ever could have dreamed of...

DAWUSS

Well yeah, no question it should be a LS ending officially.

Why the hell should it? If the canon ending was always LS, you could predict how the stories go just by that and it takes all the fun out of it.

I guess exile being female isnt so bad since we now have two lesbians in the story (atris and Exile)

I think the DS ending here ends up disrupting some of the events in Star Wars history, (ie Dantooine being an abandoned planet [which it isn't])

Just because you're "evil", it doesn't mean you can't help khoonda instead of working with Azkul (sp?)

Lets not forge the fact that Exile is wound in the force. (S)he must be killed, especially as DS, as then (s)he will ultimately become other Nihilus.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Perhaps by killing Nihilus, Exile healed the wound?

Both Revan & Exile (at least as DS) must die in Kotor 3, otherwise they (or other one of them) would bring Republic down, especially this is in case of Revan.

Nihilus & Exiles are both separate wounds. One healed, one to go

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Both Revan & Exile (at least as DS) must die in Kotor 3, otherwise they (or other one of them) would bring Republic down, especially this is in case of Revan.

Not really. There's still plenty of timeline between a potential K3 and the events of Episode I, and thus no matter how K3 ends (assuming it's made) it can easily be ret-conned at a later date.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, to be accurate, the timeline between Kotors and 2000 BBY is not done yet. Meh, I'll make one big post some day where I try to explain my opinion why they must die

Oh yes, I assure that :lol:

It'll be so smart and all that you all shall be...umm...[insert something sick & weird here] by its unbeliavable style