BREAKING NEWS: ANOTHER FREAKING NWN2 INTERVIEW

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=138791

Brian Fargo - who founded and ran interplay for almost 20 years - wanted us to do a Fallout MMO, and this was in '99 or 2000. He wanted us to start thinking about doing a Fallout MMO, and it's one of the times that I really told him that... I really liked the idea of doing it, but I just felt it was the wrong thing for Interplay to do - which seems kind of arrogant to tell the CEO of a public company that he's wrong.

The difficulty I think with them - and this is why I haven't worked on one and I don't know if I ever will - is that they're your life and they stay your life. There's no shipping and going on to the next thing.

And that's where I have a hard time thinking that I'll ever work on a giant MMO. Having said that, I still might. I might accept the fact that the beast is going to be there and we might just have to deal with it.

I have absolutely no idea. We haven't really talked with Sega about an announcement schedule or when we're going to be talking about it more. I would guess at this point in time that we're probably not going to be releasing any more information about it until either late this year or early next year.

No E3?

Nothing new NWN2-wise, actually :ph34r:

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

This part is a classic

We're a bit spoilt for RPGs right now. How will NWN2 grab people's attention away from the other big-hitters?

Feargus Urquhart: You mean Oblivion?

Yes...

Feargus Urquhart: (Laughs)

Hadescopy.jpg

Same 'ol stuff which sound sgood. I just wish both Obsidian and BIO would stop trying to trick people - the NWN OC had Expert Hirelings. SOU, and HOTU had Henchmen as does NWN2 (and the IE games sans IWD). And, they seem to forget that outside of the OC, NWN henchmen were really well done, and even the OC Expert Hirelings had good stuff but did have 2 (one major flaw and one minor 'flaw').

Still, can't wait for the game!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This part is a classic

We're a bit spoilt for RPGs right now. How will NWN2 grab people's attention away from the other big-hitters?

Feargus Urquhart: You mean Oblivion?

Yes...

Feargus Urquhart: (Laughs)

sweet :-

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

The new sega game is only for the ps3? :- This sucks... Why not make it mulitconsole?

EDIT:NVM, it's not confirmed.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

The new sega game is only for the ps3? :- This sucks... Why not make it mulitconsole?

Perhaps they are taking full advantage of Blu Ray.

But you can always turn down the graphics, I mean look at chaos theory. That game looked great on PC and Xbox but very (very, I'm not kinding) ugly on the PS2 but it was still released on it.

Notice how Feargus never mentioned the PS3?

Ya, I posted that when I read the top of the article. I kind of assumed that Feargus must have confirmed if they said the game was for the PS3.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Here's a gamespy preview http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/neverwinter-nights-ii/704531p1.html

The opening dialogue takes place in a rude log village in the swampy little town of West Harbour. The main character is in discussion with his mentor, who tells him that there are certain questions about his home town's location that nobody's ever gotten a satisfactory answer to.

In fact, the power of the lighting system was the reason the team decided to return to something they haven't employed since the halcyon days of Planescape: Torment -- truly spectacular spell effects. Every spell Urquhart demonstrated, from the classic Magic Missile and Fireball to a Monster Summoning enchantment or a Polymorph Self that turned the player into a giant spider was accompanied by an extravagant light and sound show.

In November of 2005, the tool set bore a striking resemblance to Photoshop or any other standard office application. Several months down the line, the resemblance is even more startling. The Neverwinter Tool Set is now a professional looking menu-and-wizard driven utility that will allow mod makers easy access to multiple windows and information streams in creating new modules for the game. There's a powerful game viewer window that graphically represents everything from AI pathing movement to event triggers and loot tables.

Hadescopy.jpg