Is Canadian health care really free?

Eddo36

Canadian health care isn't free. It costs money to treat people. And that money has to come off somebody's back. In Canada's case, the money is coming off your tax payers. You see those lot of lazy bums who dropped out of school and are lining up for health care? Guess who's paying for it. You. Have fun paying for other people's health care.

I've been at both ends - the bum and the payer. Though, I ahven't been to a hospital in years so (as a kiddie) irrelevant in that case.

As long as taxes remain reasoanble no biggy. Of course, our health care ha smuch bigger problems than taxees.. like, the fact, it's quality isn't too impressive.

There's a reason why those Kanadians with actual money rush to the US to get treatement.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I dont know about you, but Id rather pay tax than die because I cant afford to pay for surgery, when my insurance company decides its more profitable to take it to court and wait until Im dead, than to actually pay up.

:blink:"

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I dont know about you, but Id rather pay tax than die because I cant afford to pay for surgery, when my insurance company decides its more profitable to take me to court and wait until Im dead than pay up.

And the Canadian gov't takes another hit for the team!

As someone that lives in Canada, I can safely say I don't see many lazy bums that are high school drop outs lining up for health care.

Then why will there be a problem if everyone pays for their own healthcare?

People that need assistance are not just the "lazy bums that drop out of high school" you twit.

As someone that lives in Canada, I can safely say I don't see many lazy bums that are high school drop outs lining up for health care.

Then why will there be a problem if everyone pays for their own healthcare?

People that need assistance are not just the "lazy bums that drop out of high school" you twit.

As I said, have fun paying for them.

Because I'm not since I'm over here in the USA. :blink:"

That's 50 less bums spending my inheritance

And it's hard for me to need insurance assistance when I'm not spending my money paying for other people's insurance assistance.

Edited by Eddo36

I think the question that Eddo is neglecting to take into account is, is Canadian health care really free?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

There's no such thing as free health care. Oh sure you may get it for free. But bottom line is somebody has to pay for it.

Edited by Eddo36

If you end up in an accident and permanently disabled, I'm sure you'll enjoy paying the costs of chronic care for the rest of your life.

Knock on wood.

Is health a right, or a luxury? It depends on much of a capitalist pig you are.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

If you end up in an accident and permanently disabled, I'm sure you'll enjoy paying the costs of chronic care for the rest of your life.

Knock on wood.

I'll have they money to pay because I don't have to pay the chronic cost of your health care when you get into a wreck. Or any other stupid people.

There's no such thing as free health care. Oh sure you may get it for free. But bottom line is somebody has to pay for it.

No, seriously, do you want a bloody medal for pointing out the painfully obvious?

Painfully obvious that Canada health care isn't free?

I love pointing that out whenever I see Canadians bragging about it. Like they're really getting it for free. hahaha

I know! Jokes on them though, because they aren't!

hahahahahahahahaha

Am I right fellas? I mean, am I right?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Canadian health care isn't free. It costs money to treat people. And that money has to come off somebody's back. In Canada's case, the money is coming off your tax payers. You see those lot of lazy bums who dropped out of school and are lining up for health care? Guess who's paying for it. You. Have fun paying for other people's health care.

Where did this come from? Did some Canadian hurt your feelings or something?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Knock on wood.

I'll have they money to pay because I don't have to pay the chronic cost of your health care when you get into a wreck. Or any other stupid people.

Will you? Do you have any idea what the cost of healthcare is? Do you have millions and millions of dollars cashed in your bank account? Guess what, crap happens. It can happen to you, it can happen to me. That single mother of three who has to end up deciding between food and chemotherapy for one of her kids doesn't have much of a choice, does she? She shouldn't have had children in the first place, that lazy bum lol. If you're not socially responsible, then it doesn't matter what happens to her. You're well-taken of, right? 100 bucks for antibiotics? No sweat. Oops, big accident, permanent disability. Long stay in ICU, whoops, 50,000 bucks. No sweat, bank account to the rescue. No incoming-earning potential? Costs of tens of thousands of bucks annually for simple chronic care? Whoops. But hey, that only happens to other people, right? Why should you care? Those lazy bums deserve what they get. Wait till you get cancer. Then you'll care.

You're saving tax money, right? How about those 400 billion you're spending on war? LOL WAR ISN'T FREE YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE BUT SOMEONE HAS TO PAY FOR IT LOLOLOLLIPOP

Let me guess, you like Eugenics, right? Stupid people FTL.

Hadescopy.jpg

The whole pooling of resources and "what if something bad happens to you" sounds a lot like insurance. Bad insurance too, if it's not managed well. Plus as mentioned the care is adequate but not top notch. Are they expected to raise the treatments/costs available as tech moves on or is medical costs just going to take up a larger % of tax revenue?

Spreading beauty with my katana.

The irony of it all is that Eddo still ends up paying taxes for the lazy bums specifically. The US has special programs to insure some populations, such as the poor, the elderly, the disabled, etc. Who gets the short end of the stick is the lower SES people who can't afford insurance but aren't 'poor enough' to be eligible for those programs. 50 million people, more or less.

The US is the ONLY industrialized country with such a significant number of uninsured people. They must be saving tons of money, right? Think again.

The US uses about 16% of its GDP in healthcare, compared to Canada's 10%.

Oh, but healthcare in the US is better than Canada's, though! Well, guess which country does better on most indicators of population health such as life expectancy and infant mortality (hint: it's not the US).

Canada's healthcare isn't free. It's bloody expensive when you compare it to many European countries. You're an idiot for taking it in its literal sense.

The US has 50 million uninsured people, spiralling healthcare costs, and still doesn't have better health outcomes. You get what you pay for.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

Dude, you so just made all of that up, graph included.