In Kotor 3, Who should be in power?

Who do you want to see as the top force religion in Kotor3?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see as the top force religion in Kotor3?

• Jedi
    • Sith
    • Neither

The Sith. Exile and Revan should be sith. The Jedi in the movies and books and everything else I've read related to star wars always say no one who turned  to the darkside turned back to the lightside.

:)

Erm, Vader turned back - that's why he killed the Emperor...

Luke did too in the Dark Empire comic books.

Revan went from being dark lord to being at least neutral, and by canon he returned tot he light side.

Juhani was dark side and abandoned it.

Ulic fell to the dark side and eventually renounced it, at least to some degree.

Visas was a Sith, but turned to light side. The same could be true for Yuthura Ban.

Lots of examples to suggest your position is not entirely correct, I fear...

:( darkside ftw

ya! Long live the dark side! and as for those who think the light side is more powerful, darth Traya killed three of the "greatest" jedi masters without even bringing out her lightsaber. now that is power :D

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

• 1 month later...

Think that Sith might probably be included as K3's background, at least to some extent concerning its beginning. How its story will evolve is quite subjective, I think.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I honestly think that if they are going to conclude the trillogy, it will end up being true sith in power in the unkown regions.

agreed, as i was going ot mention the true sith should be mentioned if there is a kotor3 and is what kotor3 should revolve around, the true sith, and perhaps the rebuilding of the republic, and the bringing back of the jedi order, the the true sith being the emphasis

Meh, if these Sith come up against a true Jedi in combat they will fall.

Not really as we know the dark side in term of devasting forcep ower is stronger.

The Sith. Exile and Revan should be sith. The Jedi in the movies and books and everything else I've read related to star wars always say no one who turned  to the darkside turned back to the lightside.

:blink:

In many of the recent books, Luke mentions that he has a special point of view on the dark side, since he fell and rose back to the light.

OK - on topic - the Star Wars movies do not start with a peaceful "lets wander around and see what kind of trouble we can get into" mood ... they all begin with crisis and conflict ... Obi Wan and Qui Gonn on the Trade Federation ship, failed assassination attempt on Padme, Leia fleeing from Vader, the Rebel HQ found and assaulted on Hoth (OK - an extremely long opening sequence, but the main plot doesn't 'really' start until Luke takes his detour), "the gang" freeing Solo from Jabba ...

OK - now really on topic - I think one possible "opening sequence" in K3 could be a power struggle, with the protaganist caught in the middle, between the remaining Jedi and Sith and their newly recruited and barely trained followers ... and how the player chooses to act determines how the beginning of the game unfolds ... so my vote is for "none" - there have been four major conflicts in the past two or so decades, with crazy losses on both sides ... now both the Jedi and Sith are struggling to establish their place in the galaxy.

I voted neither because both orders are pretty much destroyed by the end of kotor 2 hopefully the Jedi order will be rebuilding in kotor 3

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

:p

In many of the recent books, Luke mentions that he has a special point of view on the dark side, since he fell and rose back to the light.

OK - on topic - the Star Wars movies do not start with a peaceful "lets wander around and see what kind of trouble we can get into" mood ... they all begin with crisis and conflict ... Obi Wan and Qui Gonn on the Trade Federation ship, failed assassination attempt on Padme, Leia fleeing from Vader, the Rebel HQ found and assaulted on Hoth (OK - an extremely long opening sequence, but the main plot doesn't 'really' start until Luke takes his detour), "the gang" freeing Solo from Jabba ...

OK - now really on topic - I think one possible "opening sequence" in K3 could be a power struggle, with the protaganist caught in the middle, between the remaining Jedi and Sith and their newly recruited and barely trained followers ... and how the player chooses to act determines how the beginning of the game unfolds ... so my vote is for "none" - there have been four major conflicts in the past two or so decades, with crazy losses on both sides ... now both the Jedi and Sith are struggling to establish their place in the galaxy.

Yeah, I kinda like your approach at an opening. And glad to see this topic is still running. :thumbsup:

Hmm, well, in any case, LucasArts usually does a good job of thinking up some interesting twists and turns in the storyline, so I imagine what we'll see in Kotor 3 will be a little differant then anyone's guessed thusfar. But personally, I hope to see some Jedi splendor, because really, the Sith kinda had it all bagged up in the first two, weakening the Jedi in the first one, and pretty much wiping them out in the second. In both cases, the Jedi were getting pwnd.

I would like to see the Jedi come back and deal a blow to the Sith (If you choose that path) instead of getting whooped every time, which really isnt fair to the Jedi side of things, considering they wern't exactly pushovers.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

Its finally time for the Jawas to be in power :devil:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

• 2 weeks later...

And there were hardly corpses of those Jedi that were not able to accomplish their missions where items could be gotten. (Apart from a few like Vash's body on Korriban and dark temple on Dantooine)

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I have to go with neither.

The events of K1 & K2 have left the Jedi Order, Sith Order and the Republic in shambles. I think the only faction at this point that may hold a firm grip of power would be the Exchange. The economic stability of the Republic makes it easier for criminal/underworld organizations to gain power. Look at the Mafia after WW2, they nearly controlled all of Italy for 30 or more years. At this point the galaxy is probably under a "rebuilding" phase.

It really depends how far along KOTORIII is after KOTORII, but I would say neither. If it's about ten years on, (tops), then the Jedi should be rebuilding, and so should the Sith. Both would be in shambles. Same with the Republic. The galaxy would be in a period of reconstruction. Scattered skirmishes would happen of course, but I doubt there would be another full blown war for many years.

Guest The Architect
It really depends how far along KOTORIII is after KOTORII, but I would say neither. If it's about ten years on, (tops), then the Jedi should be rebuilding, and so should the Sith. Both would be in shambles. Same with the Republic. The galaxy would be in a period of reconstruction. Scattered skirmishes would happen of course, but I doubt there would be another full blown war for many years.

Agreed. It depends entirely on the timeline that the events of KOTOR III (if there is one) take place in. If it is say about between one ten years (at max) after KOTOR II, then neither group should be in power, as 'SamuraiGaijin' has said, both the Jedi and the Sith have suffered crazy losses over the past few decades of war, both sides should be weak, short on numbers and struggling to rebuild and establish their place in the galaxy, especially if they are not focusing on rebuilding, but are still fighting each other and are on the verge of extinction.

But if KOTOR III takes place in a timeline any more than ten years after KOTOR II (assuming KOTOR III will not be a prequel and be set back in time) then both sides should be strong enough to warrant a significant prescence amongst the galaxy, so either way, IMO, neither side should be in power, both sides should be strong, it should be fairly even instead of one sided (KOTOR and KOTOR II was one sided towards the Sith, I don't want this to be the case in KOTOR III (if there is one)).

Give us the impression that the war between the Jedi and the Sith is at least '50-50' or somewhere around there, no matter how small scale or large scale the war is.

Edited by The Architect

Would not want to have it five years or earlier after K2's story. A bit longer, towards ten years or so seems ok.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

If they finish the current storyarch, ten years would be a little bit excessive. Revan would be gone to fight the true Sith for 14 years, the Exile for ten, that's way too much. I'd say one to three years max.

As for the topic, I'd say the Jedi should have a slight advantage, based on their link to the Republic. If you look at KOTOR II, the Sith were pretty much in hiding while the Republic was weak but in control. Now the remaining Sith are all but gone, leaving the Repbluc without an enemy until the true Sith arrive. Enough time for the Jedi to regain a bit of strength.

The Sith of the first two games aren't needed anymore, they shouldn't play a part in KOTOR III, or if they do, only a very minor one.

Or, as a more direct answer:

The Republic should be in control, and with them the Jedi.

Everyone talks about these "True Sith" as if they were ALL force sensitive force lightning throwers supreme. The "True Sith" were just another species, like Humans, but everyone makes them out to be "Super powerful dark side wielders"

Here's a little detail about them.

The Sith were a species of red-skinned humanoids native to Ziost and Korriban that were enslaved by exiled Dark Jedi. Prior to their discovery, the Sith were divided into a meek and lowly slave class, a skilled and intelligent engineer class, and the warlike Massassi class. Over time, the Sith interbred with the Human Dark Jedi through a practice of the intermixing of human and Sith bloodlines which became known as Sith Alchemy. This resulted in their characteristic red skin and long tentacle 'beards'. Eventually, the Sith species in its original form was almost extinct.

During the Great Hyperspace War, the Dark Lord Naga Sadow fled to Yavin 4 along with a contingent of Massassi followers to escape the pursuing Jedi and the Republic. There, Naga Sadow committed cruel experiments on his own Massassi warriors which resulted in them becoming Dark Side wielding savages. After the Great Hyperspace War, the Republic and the Jedi cleansed Ziost, Korriban and the other Sith Empire worlds in an act of genocide against the species.

Due to their history of association with Dark Side Force users, the word 'Sith' went on to be used by many dark side organizations not connected with the original Sith species.

As you can see, the "True Sith" were enslaved by Dark Jedi early on in the Republics history, and were no more powerful in their normal state then any other species. Some were force sensitive sure, but no more then any other life form. They just happened to live on Korriban when the Dark Jedi came, and when they were taken over, the Dark Jedi, not really having a name, took the Sith species name as their own.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

"True Sith" is a term probably loosely thrown around for the enemy in the UR. The native Sith species of Korriban are pretty much dead, they integrated with the Dark Jedi and all of that non-sense.

My opinon is that this enemy is just a group of Dark Side users who might have been around during the Pre-Republic era. They may have conquered worlds and all of that good stuff. Now perhaps the Rakatan or Celestials or any other pre-republic empire maybe drove off these "True Sith" away from the known galaxy. The native Sith of Korriban could have been descendants of the "True Sith", or perhaps were conquered by the True Sith and took the title as their own. Who knows... buts thats my theory on it.

K3 might follow up from where G0T0's predictions about internal collapse of Republic left off in second game, except that it probably would help to have it at least five years after K2's events.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Guest The Architect
K3 might follow up from where G0T0's predictions about internal collapse of Republic left off in second game, except that it probably would help to have it at least five years after K2's events.

How so? I'm curious as to know why you think it would 'help' if KOTOR III takes place approximately five years after the events of KOTOR II. If you go by GO-TO, he claims that in a few standard months (after the events of KOTOR II) the Republic would collapse.

Well that was by his calculation, he obviously didnt take all factors into account. And besides, that was before teh Exile accomplished the tasks he had for him/her, to help in the restablisation of the Republic.

benjamin1kn.jpg

Everyone talks about these "True Sith" as if they were ALL force sensitive force lightning throwers supreme. The "True Sith" were just another species, like Humans, but everyone makes them out to be "Super powerful dark side wielders"

As you can see, the "True Sith" were enslaved by Dark Jedi early on in the Republics history, and were no more powerful in their normal state then any other species. Some were force sensitive sure, but no more then any other life form. They just happened to live on Korriban when the Dark Jedi came, and when they were taken over, the Dark Jedi, not really having a name, took the Sith species name as their own.

"Sith race" doesn't necessarily equal "true Sith".

The "true Sith" are very likely the enemy of the third game. It doesn't matter one bit whether all of them can use the force or just one, they still can be a powerful enemy.

As Canderous states in KOTOR, the Sith made the Mandalorians attack the Republic. These Sith might have something to do with the race or, which is much more likely, the old Sith Empire. They are just called "true Sith", because the Sith of KOTOR I and II weren't the real Sith. Revan's Sith were former Jedi and Republican soldiers, they simply called themselves Sith. Traya's Sith didn't form until after Revan became a Sith, so they are not the original Sith, either.

As those two groups are gone, the only ones left are the true Sith. Because they aren't in the known galaxy, the Republic is still in control over the known space, and with them the Jedi.