Churchill(English)

Rameses II(Egypt)

Hannibal(Carthage, new Civ)

Shaka(Zulu, new Civ)

Brennus(Celts, new Civ)

Ragnar(Vikings, new Civ)

Mehmed II(Ottomans, new Civ)

Wang Kon(Koreans, new Civ)

The new civs have the same unique units they had in Civ 3, except for the Ottomans, who now have the Jannisary.

The Warlord unit does the same thing as other great people in that he can research tech, join cities, contribute to golden ages, etc. But his unique ability is to join itself to a unit, giving them combat bonuses.

The Vassal State diplomatic option allows you to subjugate civs you beat the hell out of or are significantly weaker than you. Basically its a one sided alliance. They give you tribute, their land counts as yours for domination victory, and they automatically declare war on your enemies(without cancelling the agreement if you start the war)

They added unique city graphics for some of the various civs. And it also looks like some of the civs have unique graphics for various units. One screenshot showed 3 different archer graphics.

Looks like the great wall is in for new wonders. From the screenshots it looks like it acts like an aqueduct when it shows on the map, only it runs itself along your territorial lines.

In the mongol horde scenario the Mongols get a unique unit called the settler camp that lets them build units on the move, so they can roam the land destroying everything in their path without suffering from bad unit production.

Theres more, thats just the more interesting bits.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/703/703730p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/civili...tml?sid=6148499

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I doubt I'll pick this up...I managed to get a copy of Civ IV cheap but it didn't grab me like Rome:Total War did: the combat was too simplistic, the graphics nothing to write home about and Leonard Nimoy really phoned in his performance.

Bringing some civs up to having 3 leaders while others still have one for the sake of awesome scenarios, meh.

Yeah, not the choice I would have made but nevermind, and I'm disappointed at no native american civ. Unique buildings though, woo.

Edited by Jumjalum

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Bringing some civs up to having 3 leaders while others still have one for the sake of awesome scenarios, meh.

Yeah, not the choice I would have made but nevermind, and I'm disappointed at no native american civ. Unique buildings though, woo.

The unique buildings sound neat. And I'm really looking forward to the Vassal State option.

glad they added civ specific city graphics too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Sounds very interesting: I don't think it can ever be valid to criticize a group-think project, like the Civ sequels (especially IV): all this stuff is straight from the fanatics who play non-stop, so it must be good for the overall gameplay.

I am not playing it at the moment, partly because I don't want to lose myself for a few days without food and water and sleep as i play the game. But I am sure I will play a good chunk of games on it soon: probably followed byDoomsday, for good measure.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT