What happened to the pc version of Jade Empire?

ramza

I found an interview dating back to 2004 in which BIO's CEO stated that he intended to release a pc version of the game. Since I did not own an X-Box (and still don't intend to buy one), I was rather happy at the time. But we haven't heard anything about it since then. Did I miss something?

http://www.gamebanshee.com/interviews/jadeempire2-2.php

(see bottom of the page)

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I found an interview dating back to 2004 in which BIO's CEO stated that he intended to release a pc version of the game. Since I do not own an X-Box (and neither intend to buy one), I was rather happy at the time. But we haven't anything about it since then. Did I miss something?

(see bottom of the page)

No PC version. The Biowarians still say "JE is a Xbox exclusive. There're no plans to bring JE to the PC at this time."

Oh whatever.

If it comes out one day, then good. If not, not bad too.

I found an interview dating back to 2004 in which BIO's CEO stated that he intended to release a pc version of the game. Since I do not own an X-Box (and neither intend to buy one), I was rather happy at the time. But we haven't anything about it since then. Did I miss something?

(see bottom of the page)

They said they were making a game called Dragon Age too, haven't heard anything about that in 2 years.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

They never said they would but they did make comments that strongly suggested it. We probably won't ever know if those hints were misconstrued, they changed their minds - or whatever.

Just for the fun of it, I'll suggest the sales on Xbox discouraged them and Volourn can come along and say R00fles! and we can go from there.

Over to Volourn... o:)

"but there is a possibility we will consider a PC version in the future. If we do decide to develop a PC version, "

"BIO's CEO stated that he intended to release a pc version of the game."

His tone and intentions are not what you are implying.

"Maybe JE only made enough money to justify one platform release, currently and in the future ..."

No doubt that this is a possibility.

"Or maybe Bioware is a console developer now?"

No doubt this isn't. Console developers don't release updates to 4 year old PC games.

"In any case, when Bioware releases a new PC game again they will become relevant to PC gaming again."

They alreayd are. Just released another NWN update (that you promptly downloaded), and they're about to announced anew PM for NWN as well which you will promptly pay to play. And, DA is still being worked on.

"They said they were making a game called Dragon Age too, haven't heard anything about that in 2 years."

Yes, we have. We've heard lots about it in the last 2 years. Don't make stuff up.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Uh, I agree with Volourn on everything but the Dragon Age comment. Seriously, I've heard no official word about Dragon Age in a couple years. There's been plenty of speculation, but I can't remember the last screenshot or concept art. I'm not saying that's bad, I figure the game will come out when it's ready and I will buy it happily.

"Seriously, I've heard no official word about Dragon Age in a couple years."

You can't get more official than the BIO developers AND owners talking about it. :)"

Still...why the console exclusives? I really wanted Mass Effect...and even JE. But I don't want to pay hundreds of $ in order to do so... :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Always nice to know. :)

...Hey, wait a minute.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

"In any case, when Bioware releases a new PC game again they will become relevant to PC gaming again."

They alreayd are. Just released another NWN update (that you promptly downloaded), and they're about to announced anew PM for NWN as well which you will promptly pay to play. And, DA is still being worked on.

Updates and games being worked on are irrelevant. Updates for a pretty stable game is icing on the cake and the game has been out for years now. Its nice of Bioware but NWN isn't a new release. The majority of those whole have bought NWN and its expansions have moved on to other games. Also games that are not released are irrelevant because... well they aren't rleased and the general gaming public has no access to the game so they can play it. A product that is not relreased is not relevant tot he cnsumer til it is can be consumed (played in this case).

Says the one who is so consumed with DA being 'vapourware' that he posts non stop about this supposed non existing game. Why discuss a game that supposedly doesn't exist?

R00fles!

P.S. NWN does count. And, the new PM do count as they are a product that is ebing sold PC only. It doens't matter if the audience for it is relatively small. The bottom line is they are products for sell by BIO for PC only.

Game over.

They said they might work on a PC version but obviously they have beter things to do than port a game over. Jade Empire is good on the X Box but a PC port would be bad.

Patches and mods are not new games, Volourn. :-

Edited by Judge Hades

"Patches and mods are not new games, Volourn."

The 'mods' aren't simple mods. They are official products that have to be paid to play. They're called expansions - products that add to an existing game that one must pay for. Or as BIO calls them - Premium Mods.

And, patches ar enot new games, but they are work, and work being done that can be only enjoyed by PC owners. It illustatres that BIO is not 'console only'.

Game over.