Unexplorable Areas on Telos and Nar Shaddaa

o:) I found a door in the old military base which read that it could be opened by a nearby terminal, but I could not find one. It is in one of the leftside corridors near the reactor. I do not mean the door to the sublevel of which I know that it is not to be opened though it might have been planned to.

And another area is in the docks area of Nar Shaddaa, next to the flophouse. I can see that there is an area and doors but one cannot open them.

Does anyone Know how to open these areas, are they linked to some quests? Any clue? Thank you in advance!

o:) I found a door in the old military base which read that it could be opened by a nearby terminal, but I could not find one. It is in one of the leftside corridors near the reactor. I do not mean the door to the sublevel of which I know that it is not to be opened though it might have been planned to.

Right where you find a faulty HK-50 droid, right? o:)

And another area is in the docks area of Nar Shaddaa, next to the flophouse. I can see that there is an area and doors but one cannot open them.

Does anyone Know how to open these areas, are they linked to some quests? Any clue? Thank you in advance!

Yes, they are both (as well as others) very well known, and no, you cannot open them.

They're cut content - parts of the game that was unfinished at the time the game was released, and I fear that there is a lot of cut content. If not sooner, you will become very much aware of that toward the end of the game.

But not to worry - a group of modders are working to restore the lost material so that it can be played, at least on the pc version.

If you want to read about it, you should visit their site, but be warned of spoilers - if you haven't completed the game once yet, then it might be best to stay away until you have.

Thank you for the quick answer :cool:

I already played the game to the end and really appreciate the work of all the modders out there because it is a great game with a flawed ending. It seems to become a trend in the gaming industry to rush games. If one thinks of times when you could play bug-free games like Wing Commander. The setback there was, that you always had to buy a new PC in oder to play the sequel but these days one did not know the word "patch".

Glorious old times, makes me see to have grown old, but with 900 years not good looking you will be o:)

Thank you for the quick answer :cool:

I already played the game to the end and really appreciate the work of all the modders out there because it is a great game with a flawed ending. It seems to become a trend in the gaming industry to rush games.

Sadly true, though I do think KotOR2 was an extreme example - Lucasarts has taken a lot of flak over its decision to rush the game for the christmas release and then doing nothing to fix the problem. I think they took a few bruises and learned the lesson the hard way. And yet, they still didn't clean up the mess and fix the problem, did they? :)

If one thinks of times when you could play bug-free games like Wing Commander. The setback there was, that you always had to buy a new PC in oder to play the sequel but these days one did not know the word "patch".

Glorious old times, makes me see to have grown old, but with 900 years not good looking you will be  ;)

Actually, I like to think I remain tolerable :)

But yes, the golden age of computer gaming is definitely over. They may have been crap by today's standards, but what they lacked in presentation they certainly had in originality, which is also sadly lakcing today.

If I had a penny for every crap computer game today... <_<

There is also a section in The Traya Temple which you cannot access, because I see the key on the map saying "West Cell" and "Meditation Chamber", yet there is no access to it. Here is a screenshot:

post-14734-1146304908_thumb.jpg

There is always the Whereami armband by Darth333

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

If I had a penny for every crap computer game today... <_<

There is also a section in The Traya Temple which you cannot access, because I see the key on the map saying "West Cell" and "Meditation Chamber", yet there is no access to it. Here is a screenshot:

These areas and others should thankfully be accessible once the cut content is restored by the Restorantion Project.

woohoo (w00t). I wonder if they have anything to do with your party members these areas or not. I suppose its best to be suprised when the mod comes out, than to say "yep, I know they added such and such on this level".

But yes, the golden age of computer gaming is definitely over. They may have been crap by today's standards, but what they lacked in presentation they certainly had in originality, which is also sadly lakcing today.

Especially storytelling and atmosphere where a lot better which is in the case of KOTOR even more sad as not many computer games are able to draw on such a compelling and awe-inspiring universe as Starwars!

The part I disliked the most about Malachor V was the fact that there was no explanation about the missing party members

(Well except Mira, Remote and Goto).

I believe TSLRP is restoring some stuff, but I wonder if there were any scenes on the Ebon Hawk just after the crash, seeing as how you can walk right up to the Gun Turret on the 1st Mal V map!

i have to agree, i went darkside and incomes in ebon hawk BANG crashed into a crevase and then you see it get hit by lightning a few times, side of cliffs crumble away and there goes the ebon hawk seriously, what happens to your party members? bao dur, atton and handmaiden? fell with the ebon hawk i suppose, and the holograms of bao dur where a bit unexplainable to the remote. cut content?

malachor would be better if it wasnt completely screwed up (looks totally different when you compare the planetary view, and when your acctually on it) and those storm beasts *shivers* they where just annoying and creepy for the first time

what is the cut content that was supposed to be here? was it the GenoHaradan cut quest?

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

'when the exile enters the Academy he has to make a choice.'

Only with TSLRP.

About the content that got scrapped:

All teammates trying to attack Traya

Sion torturing Atton

Atton VS. Desciple and Handmaiden VS. Visas fights

An actual ending :huh:"

More onto the remote and Bao-Dur (altough that might need additional coding and thus not return in the TSLRP)

A very powerfull lightsaber crystal only to be found (without cheating) on Malachors cut areas...

etc. etc. etc.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

i have to agree, i went darkside and incomes in ebon hawk BANG crashed into a crevase and then you see it get hit by lightning a few times, side of cliffs crumble away and there goes the ebon hawk seriously, what happens to your party members? bao dur, atton and handmaiden? fell with the ebon hawk i suppose, and the holograms of bao dur where a bit unexplainable to the remote. cut content?

malachor would be better if it wasnt completely screwed up (looks totally different when you compare the planetary view,  and when your acctually on it) and those storm beasts *shivers* they where just annoying and creepy for the first time

No they don't die because at the very end after you talk to Kreia you get on the Ebon Hawk and fly away

Gah! It is cut content! EW was ment to be destroyed!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

malachor would be better if it wasnt completely screwed up (looks totally different when you compare the planetary view,  and when your acctually on it) and those storm beasts *shivers* they where just annoying and creepy for the first time

No they don't die because at the very end after you talk to Kreia you get on the Ebon Hawk and fly away

IIRC, DS ending involves staying on Malachor V, and I dont think you see the Ebon Hawk after it falls into the cavern when DS. It is LS when you get picked up and fly away from an exploding Malachor V. Thats one of the things I dont understand, the Ebon Hawk falls down the cliff, which means it should have crashed. also how did they know where to pick up the exile from at the exact same time the planet is blowing up? These kinds of coincidences and *tension* reminds me of 80's amd 90's movies where a guy defuses a bomb with 1 second left :lol:

i was speaking from the perspective from a DSM for if you choose the DS path

you stay on malachor 5, and never give the order to destroy it, for you claim the dark throne for yourself

I am pretty convinced the "Death of the Ebon Hawk" movie displaying for LS characters is a glitch...

^