What will happen to Jefferson?

ramza

Yayy! Another Jefferson topic!

Now that Sawyer joined back his old crew, wouldn't you guys want to get a Jefferson unofficial module or official NWN2 expansion? The engine used for NWN2 is by far superior to the Mystary engine and offers much more possibilities. Just think about it!

Well, I know it's another one of my pathetic efforts to ressurect a dead guy (I should become a cleric), but you never know... Hope dies last, right?

Cheers.

Edited by ramza

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

You're a nutcase, Ramza. A good natured and pleasant nutcase, but a nutcase nonetheless.

Why not just hope for the same prinicples in a new game rather than try to resurrect Jefferson incessantly.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You're a nutcase, Ramza.  A good natured and pleasant nutcase, but a nutcase nonetheless.

Why not just hope for the same prinicples in a new game rather than try to resurrect Jefferson incessantly.

Simply because the story sounded great, and that there is a lack of interesting game plots in CRPGs nowadays...

PS: or maybe because I am more stubborn than a mule and that I can't stand losing something that was "promised" to me as a consumer... o:)

Edited by ramza

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I thought the devs said that such an arrangement wasn't feasible. However, if it's possible, I don't know why we shouldn't. I guess I spoke too quickly.

On the other hand, the things that most intrigued me about the game transcended the story. I liked the faction, epithet, and alignment system. I liked the idea of using floating text with quick blurbs to convey set some of the tone. I liked the idea of an expanded and more robust clerical domain system that what we've seen in CRPGs to date.

Those things are part of the game. The story uses them, but I didn't think the engine could handle all of these things. If I'm wrong, which happens a lot, then I'd love to see Jefferson. In fact, if I'm wrong, I can think of no better meal than crow.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

On the other hand, it's not like JE isn't capable of coming up with newer better stories. The past is in the past. I won't lose any sleep if we never see any version of Jefferson.

Though, I do recall JE saying something like him focusing more on technical/gameplay mechanics now.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Our only chance to get Jefferson is as a fanmade NWN2 module. Interplay owns the IP, and its not going anywhere.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, Obsidian could buy the IP. Moreover, I don't know how intellectual property rights work in the US, but it may be possible for Obsidian to re-use the story to a certain extent.

Ramza will conjure the spirit of Jefferson and force it into the body of Neverwinter Nights. The monster will then reside in New Jersey.

Obsidian Plays

Ramza will conjure the spirit of Jefferson and force it into the body of Neverwinter Nights.  The monster will then reside in New Jersey.

Diabolical! :p

What will happen to Jefferson?

It is...

... a mystery!

Cruel! :lol: ...wait...more of a :'(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Ramza will conjure the spirit of Jefferson and force it into the body of Neverwinter Nights.  The monster will then reside in New Jersey.

This plus Sawyers quote has me jonesing.

OTOH I really wasn't at all fond of Baldur's Gate, never got my hands on the second one or the expansions.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP