Would this system run games?

My sister is buying the following system for my brother in law. It's a laptop. Will this run reasonably new games?

Inspiron B130

Intel

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Processor would be a pretty bad bottleneck too, I'd imagine, for newer titles.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I might be able to upgrade it...

But yeah, the graphics card sucks. Also I hold a relative dislike for Dell Laptops since I got mine, it's been nothing but trouble. On the other hand, I learned how to monkey around inside them because it was trouble, which not many people know how to do apparently. :D

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

So, what video care should she use? The system is on order and time is running short. Remember, this is a laptop.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Don't get anything that doesn't have an upgradeable graphics card slot. Or at the very least an integral high end card. Don't get this system unles you want to be the game equivalent of a fat kid with asthma during football. Like me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So, what video care should she use?  The system is on order and time is running short.  Remember, this is a laptop.

ATi has the Mobility Radeon series and nVidia the GeForce Go range. IMO she should get the most expensive one she can afford; performance should be more or less proportional to price. The ultra-high end (Radeon X1800, GeForce 7800) would probably be obscenely expensive. A good tradeoff could be a Radeon X800-class or GeForce 6800-class, but I'm absolutely out of the loop on current mobile card prices.