Most powerful Jedi.

This is the way I see it. The knights of the old republic wielded acient powers that were way more powerful than most new star wars characters. I know little about most of these characters except for the ones in KOTR.

Here's my list of most powerful in no order. (there are otehrs who should be on this list though)

Revan

The Exile

Malak

Palpatine

Yoda

Luke Skywalker

Darth Traya

Mace Windu

Darth Sion

Darth Nulis (or however you spell it)

Darth Vader

Well Revan beat Malak so that gets rid of him and Kreia stated that the exile was the greatest she ever trained and he had far more powers. So that gets rid of revan. Darth Sion can't die so he is up there but the exile still managed to outpower him and sap his will. So Sions out. Darth Nulis was defeated while the Exiles power was still growing but that fact that he can consume all life on a planet is rather impressive still but he is out. Traya was beaten by the exile. Palpatine seemed a little about Yoda. Vader is but Palpatiens slave so he is out as well.

This leaves us with Mace Windu, The Exile ,Palaptine and Luke. First off I would like to say that all these characters seemed more pwoerful in the book (except for the exile). Mace Windu's lightsaber form is simply amazing. We never really see Mace use all his powers because they borderline the darkside. Mace Windus lightsaber form can be so fast that it is invisible to the human eye and that's why it's called vapaad. There is no lightsaber form that can really comapre to it in terms of lightsaber skills. It is said to be by far the most powerful form. It can even take the powers of another foe and relfect them upon them and draw from other foes power. It can find their weaknesses as well. Mace Windu reflected Palaptines own hatred and speed back at him and used at as his own. Mace Windu most likly has all the buffs of the lightside and the rage of the darkside to aid his physicle attributes but the Exile can get some awesome crystals and force enlightment and force valor which can make him pretty damn powerful. But Mace Windu wields the rarest and most powerful crystal. Mace Windu wins if the exile is a weapons master for completing the exiles juyo form. If the exile was a sith lord it would be different though. Palpatine can make a powerful ightning storm but since the exile has shown great lightning powers he probably could to but that attack is NEVER used for close range which is why he never used it. But having force storm when even Palaptine hasn't show to have it shows the exile was mroe powerful and he can sue force crush over and over again and decimate his foes. Luke passed Palpatine up in power so Palpatines out. We have the Exile (sith lord), Mace Windu and Luke left. At the end lukes lightsaber looked as if it were many moving at once but it was not invisible and he did not have the power of vapaad and he did not have the rare purple crystal (which in the books it was said only the most pwoerful jedi could weild it). I am just kind of rushing through this so excuse my grammer. Anyway Luke however could shoot emerald lighting in his last book. This attack would instintly kill a foe. It is unknown weather or not it is a lightside power only though. The exile might be able to harm him with choke or normal lighting or force crush (which is just as deadly for a single foe as lukes lightning). But luke has minipulated enitre planets and black holes. Luke is the son of the chosen one. However the exile was never really taught like a normal jedi and only had minutes to pick up on some things. The exile grew stronger for every foe he killed and learned while fighting his foes. I say the exile would learn vapaad and master it quickly and he would learn lukes powers. So the exile wins. Mace would beat luke in a lightsaber duel just for the record but not in an all out fight.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Exile was not the only jedi who could use force crush. If I'm not mistaken Mace used it on Griveous in labyrinth of evil. Also I think Luke, Anakin, and Yoda could've defeated Mace in a duel. I think I've read somewhere that Luke used a lightsaber style similar to Vaapad. But I think Yoda and Mace were more powerful than Palp. ?If you watched their duels with him, you saw they were both going to kill him.

I argee you in saying Exile was the most powerful but Luke may be on his level. They both had to rebuild the Jedi Order by themselves. I believe you'd have to be pretty powerful to rebuild a whole culture by yourself.

Edited by DarthReliguim

Never said that The Exile was the only one to use choke. Just that it is a darkside power that he possesed that would give him some possible advantages against luke. Also when Mace unleashes the darkside powers within him he will defeat all those dudes mentioned by you. Lukes style did not come close to vapaad. Palpatine beat Yoda.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

I still don't think Windu was the best duelist or strongest Force user. If you even think for a second that he could beat Yoda, you'd be wrong. If I remember correctly, mace used vaapad against Kar vastor and he still couldn't beat him or Depa. You may be right about Mace's dark powers, I wouldn't know. I never read anywhere about him using dark powers beside Force Crush or Vaapad, but I doubt even he did use them he still wouldn't be more powerful than Yoda or Luke. I also think he would have had some competiton in Plo Koon.

Edited by DarthReliguim

I still don't think Windu was the best duelist or strongest Force user. If you even think for a second that he could beat Yoda, you'd be wrong. If I remember correctly, mace used vaapad against Kar vastor and he still couldn't beat him or Depa. You may be right about Mace's dark powers, I wouldn't know. I never read anywhere  about him using dark powers beside Force Crush or Vaapad, but I doubt even he did use them he still wouldn't be more powerful than Yoda or Luke. I also think he would have had some competiton in Plo Koon.

Best LIGHTSABER fight NOT force user. He could beat Yoda if he unleashed all his abilities and dark rage. Kar vaster was hit CONTINUALLY MANY TIMES in the but regenerates nearly instantly which is why he survived. Plus that was in Mace earlier years. Mace Windu does not have force crush. That is the exile. The exile is the only known one to have it. Mace could be all these guys in a lightsaber match.

- Xard

Mace Windu has one of the best all around records, lightsaber combat with his mastery of Form VII, his force use by being able to use Dark side powers with little or no effect on him and bonus it strengthens his Vapaad and finally his overall wisdom. That and the fact that he had Palpatine beat, hands down puts him up high on the list.

Yoda could have beaten Palpatine had he not been reliant on Ataru, by this Qui-gon could have beaten Maul as well.

My list (Not counting before the relative events of KOTOR, and assuming each is at their prime). Main factors are overall lightsaber combat, form mastery, basic/advanced force use and knowledge followed by battle victory/survival against other key Jedi/Sith in the series

Obi-Wan (This one I stand firm by, the rest are subject to variation)

Mace Windu

Yoda

Luke Skywalker

Darth / Revan

Dooku

Exile does not make my list, his connection to the Force and others has unlimited potential to strengthen but also weaken him serverly. The Force is all he has going for him and his connection threatens that very power, also his combat could never meet or surpass Yoda, much less Windu or Kenobi.

There are more to throw in, but theres no need to list everyone.

wookiedance.gif

1. Luke Skywalker

He becomes force god or something later. :)

Others:

Revan

Yoda

Mace Windu

Obi-Wan

Exile

Exar Kun

For sith I'll say Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Revan, Exar Kun, Palpy, Vader.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Luke was not all powerful in the least. in fact if you read some of the EU books he seems rather weak. the only reason he was grand master of the jedi is because all of the other jedi were dead or in hiding, and because Ben told him to bring back the jedi order. this does not make him "god" or whatever. in fact, he has little more experience than his students, and it shows in his ignorance of the dark side and light side. he was trained by Obi-wan and Yoda, who had to be two of the most ignorant jedi i have ever seen. despite having their entire order slaughtered around them for their weakness and hypocrisy, they clung to their hollow teachings of the dark and light side, of emotion being forbidden and their false jedi code.

as for the force powers the jedi have, they each have their own unique strength. any jedi can any powers, some happen to be stronger than others in certain areas of the force. and force powers can be named in a game (ie. force crush, force grip) but if you think about it, these are just standards for a game. in books or movies, you never see people naming the force powers, but rather "used the force..." no offense or anything, its just that saying "the exile can use force crush" sounds a bit strange.

but i would have to say that the jedi and sith of the old republic are easily stronger than those of the clone wars and the new republic. i mean, look at darth traya. she killed those sith assasins in the end with her mind... lets see luke do that. and killing an opponent is not always more powerful. revan was considered powerful by the fact that she did not kill the jedi, but rather forced them to see her side. and Nihilus, heck, he killed an entire planet with the force. as did Naga Sadow. and as kreia said, "the jedi of today are but children playing with toys compared to the masters of old." (think i got that right)

kotorsign.jpg

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."

the problem with the EU universe is that theres no set limit to what luke could do early on. so in one book you've got him practically wiping out an entire Imperial shock army while in another you've got him getting beaten by a pair of goonies with a bow... (I exaggerate but you get the picture)

Personally I would think that Ulic Qel-Droma would be the most powerful. Exar Kun is on that level too.

Palpy is eh because while he's strong early on by the end of his reign he can't even defend himself.

then it's Master Thon and Nomi Sunrider.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

These kind of discussions are always fun because of all the different point of views.

The problem of course is trying to compare jedi and sith from totally different time lines boxing has this exact same problem as well. Really, the only way to determine how truly powerful a jedi or sith are you must judge them on their performance at their time line.

With this in mind, I think without a shadow of a doubt Obi Wan is truly one of the most noteworthy jedi. Not the best but his impact and victories are obviously apparent.

My list:

Obi Wan

Revan

Exile

Marka Ragnos

Luke Skywalker

Palpatine

I'd have to say

Exile

Revan

Ulic Qel Droma

Exar Kun

But i'll only comment on Revan and Exile for now :D

Kreia says that the Exile is the strongest she trained since Revan and add the fact he basically can kill someone with a thought by severing their force connection or "life connection" i think that would make him more powerful than Revan.

All we know about Revan is she was a master strategist, effective leader, powerful in the force and thats really about it. She's powerful but with such a strong connection to the force i think if she were to fight the Exile he'd only feed of that connection to power himself.

Revan and Exile are contrasts of one another, yet so very similar its sometimes hard to decide who is stronger, personally i think the Exile would beat her, but not by much...it would be close.

1. Luke Skywalker

He becomes force god or something later. :ermm:

How is that? (seriously)

Not literaly god. Just

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Revan

Exile

Exar Kun

The Emperor

Yoda

Obi Wan

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Luke Skywalker

Anakin/Vader

Darth Plagueis?

Yoda

Marka Ragnos

Revan

Mace Windu

Naga Sadow

Palpatine/Sidious

Obi-Wan

The Exile

Kyp Durron

Ludo Kressh

Dooku

Some close calls, but that would be the immediate list. I leave Leia and Mara Jade out, since they would be there only after a host of powerful jedi, and that would make for a long list indeed.

I find it interesting that you put Ludo Kressh on your list Jediphile. Not saying I disagree but what has he done that would warrant one of the most powerful jedi or sith?

Well, he did hold his own in a straight fight against Naga Sadow... He may have been an idiot, but he was not weak in the force IMHO.