Fallout in 9 minutes?

Jumjalum

Thia reminds of a Quake in 20 minutes video I saw a few years ago. It was made two guys who kept using rocket jumps on each other to get across levels.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Some people just have too much time on their hands.  :)

I wouldn't apply that condescending and dismissive maxim to this case. The speed runs would imply that people don't have enough time and so must finish a game as quick as possible! :-"

I was thinking the same thing. I chose not to comment though, as I had a feeling you were thinking the exact same thing as well, and figured you'd be more creative in the deliver. Excellent decision on my part :D

I wouldn't apply that condescending and dismissive maxim to this case. The speed runs would imply that people don't have enough time and so must finish a game as quick as possible! :-"

I was thinking the same thing. I chose not to comment though, as I had a feeling you were thinking the exact same thing as well, and figured you'd be more creative in the deliver. Excellent decision on my part :D

I was also thinking the same thing, but I said nothing because I knew you would wait until dorkface posted something that would convey the same message.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Except for the hours and hours of gameplay invested prior in order to develop that secret.

I bet any one of those people put in a significant factor of time more than you did into any of those games to be able to beat it that fast.

DR, I fail to see why you would return to the thread again and again to express your short derisions of the practice again and again. A 'proper' speed run is done without cheating and often creates ingenious ways to achieve its aim, which is then intended for short amusements, not diehard competitions, and you definitely need to have played the game 'properly' to do it. So if you don't like it, I believe there's a certain thread about Ferret that you're currently engaged in. :)

That said, I'd have been interested to see some more Sonic speed runs... I played them so much as a kid. If there was ANY game designed to be played at breakneck speed, its that. I would NEVER stop running. :blink:

and it looks like they do the trick Surrup mentioned of taking the best runs of each level and slapping them together.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I wouldn't apply that condescending and dismissive maxim to this case. The speed runs would imply that people don't have enough time and so must finish a game as quick as possible! :ermm:"

That was kinda my point. Hence the :shifty: . It was shameless, but had to be said. I apologise for any confusion and/ or psychic preminissions caused by my sense of humour and shall increase his doseage forthwith!<slinks back into corner>

Edited by Darth Somethingorother

Blue lorry yellow lorry blue lorry yellow lorry blorry. D'oh.