Who is the best KotOR character?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best KotOR character?

• Revan
    • The Exile
    • Both are equally awesome.
    • Both suck.
    • I can't decide.

The Exile is far more powerful. Keia even said he was greater than any she has ever trained.

She said it, but the question is what she meant by it. Kreia admires the Exile's ability to deny the will of the force. That makes him unique by any standard, but it does not mean that he's a powerful force-user. Indeed, Vandar described him as an average force-user to Vrook in the flawed holographic projection on Dantooine...

The exile can learn a jedis abilities just from fighting them and he can gain those powers. He also has WAY BETTER and WAY MORE powers.

Bah - that's just munchkin'ish power-nonsense. The Exile could go up to level 50 in K2. That's not normally allowed in d20 rules, so there is no basis for claiming that another character with similar experience couldn't do exactly the same. Indeed, the Exile's companions would seem to suggest otherwise.

It was even stated in the game since he was cut off from the force he could do things no jedi could do. Come on guys. It's called FORCE CRUSH! Exile wins this so easy.

According to canon, the Exile didn't have Force Crush - he was LS. :)

There is NO point in the story that says Revan is the most powerful but it does state the exile is morep owerful than he is. The exile even defeated Revans trainer and the immortal Darth Sion.

The Exile killed Sion, so clearly he wasn't immortal. As for Kreia, she *wanted* the Exile to kill her, which I would say does sort of reduce the achievement a bit...

Revan didn't need to go off on a power-tantrum to kill all his enemies - it was just redundant. And Revan has had six years to grow stronger in since we last saw him by the end of K2, while the Exile has had only one measely year in which to climb to power from level 1. Who is likely to be the most powerful... :-"

You see to place a lot of importance on what Kreia says, so maybe we should consider this as well:

Kreia: "Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

The Exile killed Sion, so clearly he wasn't immortal.

Sort of. The Exile convices Sion to let go of his life, to give up the will to live. Which the game also seems to imply is the only way to kill him. "This battle was never about the flesh, it was about belief." In essence yes the Exile did kill Sion, but not with her lightsaber. :)

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

The Exile killed Sion, so clearly he wasn't immortal.

Sort of. The Exile convices Sion to let go of his life, to give up the will to live. Which the game also seems to imply is the only way to kill him. "This battle was never about the flesh, it was about belief." In essence yes the Exile did kill Sion, but not with her lightsaber. :)

"The pen is mightier than the sword" :D

Or in this case the voice... :-

[she said it, but the question is what she meant by it. Kreia admires the Exile's ability to deny the will of the force. That makes him unique by any standard, but it does not mean that he's a powerful force-user. Indeed, Vandar described him as an average force-user to Vrook in the flawed holographic projection on Dantooine...

------

Vandar calls him an average student of the force, not an average Jedi. The full quote is: "an average student of the force but with a unique strength". Kavar even mentions that the Exile as a padawan had an unusually strong connection to the force. As a padawan he was an average student in the sense that he probably wasn't an exceptional learner, but he was always a good leader and exceptionally strong in the force.

EDIT: He probably also lost a lot of points in the eyes of some masters because he seemed to have a rebel's spirit. As Vrook mentions when he says he was always arguing with some of his fellow students including Vrook's padawan. Anway the impression I got was that he never pushed himself to achieve excellence as a student, which by no means implies (as is evident with what we discover in K2) that he was average.

Revan was probably a better a padawan learner and exhibited less of a rebel's attitude.

Edited by Darth Blivion

They both suck.

:ph34r:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

• 2 weeks later...

revan is the strongest of the 2 just by levals

in k1 you can use glitches to make Revan with max skills, atributes, feats, powers, and items.

the glitches used are fake leval ups to gain high leval powers and feats

cross class fake lv ups to make other party members jedi , become a jedi early, or raise attributes

Mannan underwater rift glitch duplicates items

The exile

the hissis glitch lets you go up to lv50

Revan wins

The glitches plus his time after the war gives revan more levals then the Exile

Revan could learn new tecniques while batling the true sith

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Revan is some kind of Julius Caesar or Napoleon. He goes out to war and creates an army loyal to *him*. After that he gets back and attacks the Republic. Even if he then returns to LS and fights for the Repulic, IMO he will always be tainted by his treason.

Is Revan even a character? He's more of a superman template for players to imagine their character on.

And, considering the answers to this thread, that was one fine design decision. ^_^

Seriously guys, when has power level equaled character? Wasn't this thread about personas, not the amounts of might one can weild? 'Cos, I've always thought there was some hope for gaming(and mankind) and this thread has seriously dwindled that hope. Then again, maybe it's just your age. Never you mind.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Personally, I can't choose one of the other, especially if judging between them in gameplay terms. I loved each character, they were both wicked. However in terms of their stories I would say I like the Revan's more.

Revan- Was an excellent revered student of the Force. Most of the Master's thought highly of him as a Padawan. When the Mandalorians attack, the Repubilc pleads for the Jedi's help and Revan answers, bringing all those who would follow him to the war.

Revan uses his prowess to win the war for the Repubic and on his travels finds evidence of a bigger war that has yet to come. Revan realizes that this new war is one that cannot be fought like any other and chooses (or so I believe) to "fall" to the Dark Side.

Revan transform's his troops and brings "war" to the Republic by his hand. He takes out all that in the Republic that would damage its infrastructure. He builds Hk-47 to assassinate all those who might weaken the Republic. He keeps the Republic infrastructure intact as well as it's armies and through battle strengthens them. He also has a plan for each Jedi, wanting to bring them to his side not kill them. Revan attempts to become hte galaxies savior by becoming it's tyrant.

Revan is betrayed by Malak and nearly killed. He is kept alive by Bastilla and has his memories modified. Revan becomes (insert your character name here) and goes about becoming the Republic's savior again, in a different way. During the travels (Your character name here) finds out that he is not who he believed himself to be but actually Revan, the feared Dark Lord.

Revan kills Malak and slowly starts remembering all he had done in his time as the Dark Lord. Once again he realizes the threat that is coming for the Republic and sets out to meet it head on.

Exile- Exile is not a reknowned student of the Force. She (sorry but I will refer to the Exile as female) is however reknowned for being a natural leader, the ability to forge connections through the Force, her strong connection to the Force, and is also known for being a bit rebellious.

When Revan heeds the call of the Republic, the Exile follows him. She leads her troops well. However she gives the order that causes the biggest castastrophe of the war, the order for Bao-Dur to initialize the Mass-Shadow Generator, causing the death of most of the Mandalorians, many of her own Republic troops, and Malachor V itself, creating a gaping maw in the Force.

This act of destruction takes its toll on the Exile. (I am not sure if Revan tries to have her 'turned' or if she returns to the Council first ^^; ) She is taken by Revan's new force back to Malachor V and yet she resists its power by severing herself from the Force. The Exile returns to the Jedi Council and feel within her the echo of the Force, the absence of the Force, the death of the Force and she is Exiled.

For 10 years the Exile wanders the far reaches of the galaxy. The Exile returns and is faced by the knowledge of the near death of the Jedi Order. Slowly the Exile restores her connection to the Force and searches out what is left of the Jedi.

Through her travels she reconnects with the Force, finds the Jedi (some of them at least), helps to stablize key planets in the Republic, learns of her companions, destroys the "Sith" in the Republic, stops the echo coming forth from Malachor V, and learns of what Revan is doing in the end going to find him.

------

All in all I would have to pick Revan, but I really love the Exile as well.

Edited by galassia

Ok lets go over this STORYWISE.

The Exile is a wound in the force as said many times. All the power of all the people he has killed is within him. Their voices echo inside him and he creates force bonds and feeds off others powers and forces them to follow him even against their will. Everytime the Exile runs in the alot of trouble he learns a force form to become immune or undefeated in that sittuation. He can learn any form used against him within seconds and it will become his own weapon. Jedi who practiced forms for YEARS AND YEARS could not believe that the Exile could master it better than them within seconds and these Jedi are powerful counsil members. So any force form that Revan uses against the Exile will be learned within a matter of seconds. What Revan could acomplish in years would take but minutes for the Exile. As he killed the Jedi we saw elelctric gonig into him. It was him absorbing their life and power because he is a wound in the force that can not be defeated if trained right. He had the power to destroy the force. He could bring DEATH to the force. It was also stated that he gained powers that NO OTHERS could because he gave up the force and learned thigns IMPOSSIBLE otherwise. He indeed learned far greater powers than any other. Even if he is lightside he can still learn almsot anything Revan uses against him. People complain about gameplay and how it's not true but they try are use it to prove their point as well like the Exile can only reach lvl 50. Well EVEN from that point of view he is STILL more powerful than Revan gameplay. The Exile will go around making force bonds forcing people to follow him and will feed off their power. Even Nelisus who can drain millions of Jedi at a time of thier life could not do so to a wound in the force. He is a wound that can not be closed or healed. He carries the deaths of those in him and the power. You can't drain the endless screams of pain within him. He defeated a foe who could drain a planet of it's life and had power of such magnitude he could no longer remain a man. He defeated Sion who was immortal and Sion admits he was defeated phyiscally and mentally depending on what words you choose. He also said it is not possible to live through thigns unscarred when the galazy dies around the Exile. The Exile tells him by giving up the force he has gained things not possible otherwise. Finally he defeats Kreia who even had back up. He actually defeated Revans trainer who has walked both paths and vastly increased in power. She knows so much about the force and she was defeated and then used lightsabers when she was as backup and THEY to were defeated. She than says he is greater than ANY she has ever trained. Revan was skilled but he is no match for a wound in the force or the death of the force or whatever you want to call him. He pulls oiut his lightsaber and than the Exile would master his form better than he would. If Revan usees a deadly force form than the Exile would learn it.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

• 4 weeks later...

The Exile is the strongest. Revan sucks... he could barely defeat Malak... the Exile has much more powers, abilities etc. I would be glad if the Exile could fall in love with Bastila... and screw Revan and the True Sith...

The Exile is the strongest. Revan sucks... he could barely defeat Malak... the Exile has much more powers, abilities etc. I would be glad if the Exile could fall in love with Bastila... and screw Revan and the True Sith...

<_<

Gameplay

I pwned Malak easily.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Of course I could beat Malak as well, but if you could see Malak's stats then you would have no doubt to think that Malak 'was' stronger than Revan, at the time.

:p

Malak was weaker than Revan, he admits it by himself.

There is no proof that Revan is stronger than Exile or vice versa.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Malak said he was weaker coz he was a loser. It was a pure act of humanity to spit out those dying words to his old best friend before he blew up with the Star Forge. Technically, the Exile is stronger than Revan, only because he can get up to level 50 if he wants. Blame it on BioWare that got Revan only to level 20... it's not my fault.

Yes, and that all is GAMEPLAY, not STORYWISE

Why? Is it mentioned that Revan fights the Exile?  :-"

:->_<>_<

Revan was more powerful than damn Malak, deal with that. And all those "teh Exile is more pwrfl becuz he can be lvl 50 and Revan just lvl 20" is gameplay crap.

Edited by Xard