NWN2 only 20 hours long?

Meshugger

Quote from the 'Codex:

Q: How long will it take to beat NWN 2?

A: Its difficult to estimate it exactly, but you'll play 20 hours for sure. We want to ensure that a maximum number of players completes the game, and there are only few who play longer then 20 hours.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Where from the Codex?

Here's the link: Linky!

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Odd.. As I said at the Codex, last time length came up, theyw ere shooting for 30-40 hours. If true, WOWSERS!

Ther ebetter be lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots, lots of role-playing to make up for the (imo) lack of length..

Even JE, as short as it supposedly wa,s was upwards uof 30 hours if you actually played it as opposed to those who button smashed through everything including dialogue and supposedly finsihed it in 10-15 hours...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

This kinda sucks. I am looking forward to this game for it's single player campaign.

Maybe they splitted up the main story in several add-ons? (Sort of Mass Effect-style)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Well, if true, will NWN2 be shortest RPG in years?(ever?). Because there will be people who will complete it in 10-15 hours.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"I would blame Atari though, Obsidian would not let their fans down."

I see. So, no matter what, anything bad about NWN2 is Atari's fault and everything good is Obsidian's fault?

Uhuh... :)

Afterall, NWN1 with Atari as publisher had 40-80 hours length.

Go figure.

A: Its difficult to estimate it exactly, but you'll play 20 hours for sure. We want to ensure that a maximum number of players completes the game, and there are only few who play longer then 20 hours.

Anybody here noticed the bolded parts and what they mean...

Rushing speed is 20 hours (unless I lost reading comprehension skill)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

"I would blame Atari though, Obsidian would not let their fans down."

I see. So, no matter what, anything bad about NWN2 is Atari's fault and everything good is Obsidian's fault?

Uhuh...  :)

Afterall, NWN1 with Atari as publisher had 40-80 hours length.

Go figure.

Keep it up Volo and I will blame Bioware.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Anybody here noticed the bolded parts and what they mean...

Rushing speed is 20 hours (unless I lost reading comprehension skill)

That's what I got from it too. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It would be a shocker if it was true, given that Sawyer has justified the nerfage of multiplayer to make room for a more profitable singleplayer campaign.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

We didn't rush Jade Empire. We walked around slowly, we jumped around like silly monkeys in combat and we followed the main story. It still only took 13-14 hours to complete the entire game. I'm not sure how many side-quests we missed, but that shoot'em up quest really roxxored!!1

Edit: Oh yeah, I might add that we used the Jade Golem (I think that was its name) form extensively. The most ridiculously overpowered feature I've ever seen in a RPG, as you just stomped on enemies and won all battles within 30 seconds, including boss battles!

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"It would be a shocker if it was true, given that Sawyer has justified the nerfage of multiplayer to make room for a more profitable singleplayer campaign."

How are they 'nerfing' MP? Isn't it exactly like it was in NWN1? Hmm...

"We didn't rush Jade Empire."

Uhuh. I simply have no reason when using facts to take you at face value. You rushed through either by clicking past all the dialogue, avoiding all the side quests or whatnot, etc., etc.

To complete JE and actually be playing it it takes a minimum of 20 hours. Period.

Unless you are Hades, and then it takes you 40+ hours. Period. :)

"Edit: Oh yeah, I might add that we used the Jade Golem (I think that was its name) form extensively. The most ridiculously overpowered feature I've ever seen in a RPG, as you just stomped on enemies and won all battles within 30 seconds, including boss battles!"

1. Yeha, it's over powered. hoepfully (if there is one) in JE2, they fix it.

2. Too bad you don't tend to get it til the latter part of the game; this doesn't make me buy your 13-14 hour silliness.

Edited by Volourn

He must be mistaken. Even a great man like Feargus can error.  :ph34r:

I agree, look at the context. He states that one will have 20 hrs. of play for sure. Then he states that only some will have more than that. If both those statements are true, then everyone will finish in exactly 20 hrs. and only a few will take longer. That's way to close for the styles people play.

Looks to me like a mistake.

Too bad Bioware also gets alot of praise for games they don't make... :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

"It would be a shocker if it was true, given that Sawyer has justified the nerfage of multiplayer to make room for a more profitable singleplayer campaign."

How are they 'nerfing' MP? Isn't it exactly like it was in NWN1? Hmm...

Click Me

You have to read through the whole thing. Imho by the end of it Sawyer looks quite the ****, but I'll leave you to judge for yourselves.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

To complete JE and actually be playing it it takes a minimum of 20 hours. Period.

Nope. Unless you stop and play that godawful shoot'em up thingie for hours on end. I'm sure we clicked past some of the worst parts of the dialogue, but not more than so we understood the story.

Too bad you don't tend to get it til the latter part of the game; this doesn't make me buy your 13-14 hour silliness.

When did I say we got it early? We used it when we got it. Extensively. A real game-breaker, one of the worst balancing issues I've seen, and I have played Oblivion.

So you claim we didn't complete it in 13-14 hours? Prove me wrong.

Also:

"The Bad: Combat system is poorly balanced and lacks depth and challenge; fairly short by the genre's standards at less than 20 hours; shooter minigame is much better in concept than in execution.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/jadeempire/review.html

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!