Favorite Star Wars Movie?

What is you favorite movie out of the six?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. What is you favorite movie out of the six?

• The Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones
    • Revenge of the Sith
    • A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi

two i loved the best, although not the most explosive battles and bangs that would entertain the audience, is the phantom menace - because it was the beginning it is similar to kotor1, ie. all the jedi, bah cant be bothered saying, ive said it so much. and a new hope. both of these movies had a good storyline, and where a real hit when they came out (and i loved the SW:TPM game)

My favourite is "The Empire Strikes Back," but "A New Hope" is also nice.

Of the new trilogy I like "The Phantome Menace" best. Still, it is the first Star Wars movie I have watched.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Hmmm...it seems like every where you go, there is a general consensus that ESB is the overall favorite.

Which should tell you something... :shifty:

Yup. Like I've said before, ROTJ is my personal favorite, even though there are ewoks and lil' bit weak beginning, so I vote it. But best movie is indeed ESB, I just like ROTJ more.

edit: TPM have got more votes than RotJ, Aotc AND New hope! :blink:

edit2: Heck, I'm only one who've voted ROTJ. Weird...It have best space battle and best lighsaber fight. ROTS one are cooler, but they lack the FEELING. Seond best lighstaber fight is ESB :(

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Hmmm...it seems like every where you go, there is a general consensus that ESB is the overall favorite.

Which should tell you something... :blink:

Yup. Like I've said before, ROTJ is my personal favorite, even though there are ewoks and lil' bit weak beginning, so I vote it. But best movie is indeed ESB, I just like ROTJ more.

Heretic! o:)

edit: TPM have got more votes than RotJ, Aotc AND New hope!  :blink:

The gungan-lovers are out in force... :ermm:

If Battlefront had any redeeming qualities, then it was "Meesa gonna die!" :devil:

edit2: Heck, I'm only one who've voted ROTJ. Weird...It have best space battle and best  lighsaber fight. ROTS one are cooler, but they lack the FEELING. Seond best lighstaber fight is ESB  :(

I disagree totally. The best lightsaber duel IMHO is definitely Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Maul in TPM or Obi-Wan vs. Anakin in RotS. After that comes the duel between Luke and Vader in ESB. I was actually disappointed by the lightsaber duel between Luke and Vader in RotJ when I first saw it in the cinema all those years ago...

Now, the starfighter battles in RotJ on the other hand, those are excellent and not outdone in the prequels either :shifty:

But RotJ is boring plotwise, as very little happens that we haven't seen before - Luke fights Vader, another rebel attack on another Death Star, more Tatooine, etc...

It was impressive that Lucas could do a continuous and evolving finale over 40+ minutes without losing the plot, but I still think that was the major achievement of the film.

Whatever. I still like Rotj most. :(

1. ROTJ

2. ESB

3 ROTS

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I must say it is odd how folks choose their favorites although my method is not so normal. Personally I like films that offer more information about the SW universe in comparison to the previous film.

So based on the cumulative order of information given about the SW Universe and story line completion

ANH < ESB < ROTJ < TPM < AOTC < ROTS

And though TPM is not on top of the chain, it really was the movie that changed Star Wars to the modern day and secured an even larger fan base than it had prior and with Qui-gon, my favorite.

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

I must say it is odd how folks choose their favorites although my method is not so normal.  Personally I like films that offer more information about the SW universe in comparison to the previous film.

People base their choice on what they consider to be good storytelling, not as a "Star Wars universe of the day"-information advisory...

The original movie was good because it was an adventure movie with all the classic archetypes represented well, but in a new setting - fantasy set in space. But ESB was brilliant because it stepped beyond that and evolved both the characters and the plot. None of the other films that followed managed to do that.

And though TPM is not on top of the chain, it really was the movie that changed Star Wars to the modern day and secured an even larger fan base than it had prior and with Qui-gon, my favorite.

Lots of people really hate TPM (I'm not really one of them, though I do hate JarJar). TPM cost Star Wars at least as many fans as it won, I think.

Actually TPM destroyed quite a lot of SW's reputation in eyes of non-fans (and fans too) :blink:

A New Hope.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.