Best Guardian Build

Guest JediMaster777

Guest JediMaster777

Im starting a new game and wanted to know what everyone thinks is the best starting build for a guardian. I was thinking something like this.

Strength 16

Dexterity 14

Constitution 14

Intelligence 12

Wisdom 10

Charisma 12

Not a bad build at all, but raising your attribs above 14 costs two points, instead of one.

I would keep STR at 14, and pump those points into WIS, since you can get 14 WIS to start out with if you go with a STR of 14 instead of 16.

Getting that WIS score is even more critical if you are male, since you have a chance to use that WIS bonus to give you a nice boost to your defense later on.

Guest JediMaster777

Okay so the new build is

Strength 14

Dexterity 12

Constitutuion 14

Intellegence 10

Wisdom 14

Charisma 14

I took your suggestions and pumped wisdom up and lowered dexterity. I also pout charisma up

a pure fighter guardian doesn't need wisdom but a Force based guardian does need wisdom.

A force based guardian favors the Jedi Master/Sith Lord.

A pure fighter guardian favors the Jedi WeaponMaster/Sith Marunders.

A well balanced guardian favors Jedi Watchman/Sith Assassin.

Dont take anything over 14, cos I think you spend more points per stat if you do. I still think you need more dex, as it helps you avoid hits too, but you could add them during the game. take note that if you want to repair T3 M4, a higher intelligence can help with that.

There are many items in the game that can spawn your stats to very high levels (I had most of mine in the mid 20's by the end of the game) so by the time you get half way through the game, you will be complaining on how the sith managed to overwhelm everybody else ;)

• 2 weeks later...

They need wisdom too IMO. For healing if not to anything else

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If you wanna have a exciting game (even though it is hard since combat is so totally easy in this game) then make a high-dex guardian and use blasters only.. and no force powers, that way the game becomes somewhat of a challenge and fun.

Yeah yeah i know a gazillions people will shout "but jedi's use lightsabers and the force" , baah KotorII have superfreaky boring japaneese style uber guys running around vith glowrods chopping up everything i plain wiev in a matter of seconds.. not jedi's.

Better make the game funny for yourself and try out a challenge i say.

Edited by Kdy-worker 1138

If you wanna have a exciting game (even though it is hard since combat is so totally easy in this game) then make a high-dex guardian and use blasters only.. and no force powers, that way the game becomes somewhat of a challenge and fun.

Yeah yeah i know a gazillions people will shout "but jedi's use lightsabers and the force" , baah KotorII have superfreaky boring japaneese style uber guys running around vith glowrods chopping up everything i plain wiev in a matter of seconds.. not jedi's.

Better make the game  funny for yourself and try out a challenge i say.

I would say Kotor 2 has more animations for lightsaber fights than Kotor 1 which used the exact same animation for every flurry and power attack :wub:, Kotor 2's lightsaber duels are better. If you want a challenge, keep strength low, that way you will keep missing :(

Strength 16

Dexterity 16

Constitution 16

I do nothing with the rest. I have created some of the greatest physicall warriors ever so I know what I am talking about. The force points (well enough anyway) will come in time as well as items.

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

aerowar you are evil..........................I love you........not.........

Phew :D

But ya, a good test of strength is to have little of it. That way battles last longer, and even Sith Assasins have a chance to beat you :)

Edited by aerowars617

• 3 weeks later...

str 14

dex 10

con 16

intel 10

wis 14

cha 14

don't need dex if you're a str guardian, go with either str or dex, but not both. High con gives u access to the better implants in the game sooner, implant use is based on your unmodified con attribute.

• 1 month later...
a pure fighter guardian doesn't need wisdom but a Force based guardian does need wisdom.

A force based guardian favors the Jedi Master/Sith Lord.

A pure fighter guardian favors the Jedi WeaponMaster/Sith Marunders.

A well balanced guardian favors Jedi Watchman/Sith Assassin.

Sort of find the fourth option easier to play by.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

In any case, Jedi Guardians get +3 to Str from LS mastery.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I prefer a well-rounded build, focusing on skills, DEX, and dual-wield lightsaber combat ... but if I were to focus strictly on lightsaber combat, I'd go with 14 STR, 16 DEX, 16 CON, and 10 everything else - lightsaber finesse - max lightsaber proficiencies, max dual wield - the special move (flurry/critical/power) of your choice.

Big picture - it's you're game - do what you want - save often, and if it doesn't turn out the way you hoped, back up and try again.

You could also transfer 2 points from Charisma to Wisdom to increase max force points slightly. Str at 16 might be ok. With a pair of Sith power gauntlets and LS mastery, initial Str will increase by another 6 points.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧