Torn

Marinerzz

Is there any plan to bring Torn back into development? I just remembered that game and I think I remember you guys almost being done with it and then cancelling it. I bet you could finish it really quick and everyone would love it!

Yeah, it would take like.. 15 minutes to finish it up. And it would be a huge success, no doubt about it.

They're just not doing it to spite you.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Yeah, it would take like.. 15 minutes to finish it up. And it would be a huge success, no doubt about it.

They're just not doing it to spite you."

*TAKES A SPAZZY FIT... IN THE NUDE*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any plan to bring Torn back into development? I just remembered that game and I think I remember you guys almost being done with it and then cancelling it. I bet you could finish it really quick and everyone would love it!

It looks like the official home page is down. That can't be good...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

TORN. Yeah, I remember that. From what I gather, the reason why Torn was canned was because they had such difficulties with that Lithtech engine. The screenshots weren't that gorgeous indeed (blocky ugly maps, low poly chars etc.). I'm just wondering why they didn't licensed Bio's Aurora and build the game with that engine? The game wouldn't have looked better from an artistic standpoint, but at least they would have been able to release it.

My understanding is that it wasn't just the engine they had trouble with, but the concept and the plot, etc. as well. Torn had promise, I would say, but is probably best left where it is. Perhaps elements of it lived on, and continue to live on, in games that were made since... which is maybe a more fitting tribute than to try and resurrect the game itself.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I'm just wondering why they didn't licensed Bio's Aurora and build the game with that engine? The game wouldn't have looked better

Maybe that's because neverwinter was released 1,5 year after the first screenshots from torn.

Edited by Dagon

torn is dead. heck even i wanted it, but time moveson, and i ended up becoming interested in other games and moved on, while TOrn lies torn up in a graveyard next to star wars: obi-wan's canned pc version. dust to dust

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome