Vince McMahon to Wrestle God

Baley

Vince McMahon to Wrestle God.

Forgive them, Father

Desperate storyline involves Almighty

By TJ MADIGAN

World Wrestling Entertainment has announced the biggest celebrity guest appearance in the history of sports, the history of entertainment and, probably, the history of the world.

At the Backlash pay-per-view April 30, God will make his pro-wrestling debut.

Yes, WWE is advertising the actual God -- of Old and New Testament fame -- will be taking part in a grappling match and, for just $35, you can witness a moment previously thought to be reserved for sometime around the Second Coming.

Here's the back story: A few weeks ago at Wrestlemania, Shawn Michaels defeated Vince McMahon in a violent one-on-one match. McMahon later accused Michaels of having help to win the match, in the form of divine intervention. Therefore, McMahon declared, to even the score, he would team with his son, Shane, and take on Michaels and God in a tag team match at the next pay-per-view.

Now here's the real story. WWE is rapidly running out of edgy angles to push the envelope and get some watercooler talk going. Since the anti-Arab storylines were nixed by the networks and fans no longer react to the exploitation of Eddie Guerrero's death, the company was on the lookout for the latest buzz topic to latch onto.

Seeing dollar signs in the controversy spawned by The Da Vinci Code and The Passion of the Christ, McMahon decided Christian sensitivities were ripe for the picking.

The storyline was plotted and the wheels were set in motion, with Michaels -- a devout Christian who often turns down WWE scripts because they go against his beliefs -- at the helm.

How they actually execute the match, though, is still anybody's guess.

For one thing, the pay-per-view takes place on a Sunday which, last I checked, God doesn't work.

Remarkably, Christian groups haven't come out in opposition to the storyline, although that's not necessarily an indication they see it as fun family entertainment.

It likely either means WWE is so far under the public radar that no one knows or cares what happens on their TV shows, or WWE has crossed the line of decency so many times the mainstream is completely desensitized to any cheap publicity stunt.

But while the storyline isn't stirring controversy, it is getting a ton of press for the company and developing a lot of curiosity.

McMahon vs. God. April 30 on pay-per-view. Top that, Don King.

backlash_hbkvkm.jpg

:thumbsup:

I talk to God all the time and He never seemed to be one who would wrestle someone. If He gets pissed at someone he usually turns them into a pillar of salt, invoke human combustion (its His delete function), or sick His hippie kid on them and make him eat fish and bread for forty days and forty nights.

:thumbsup:

LOL

Anyway WWE is a bunch of clowns. Want to see people fight, watch MMA....

Watching people fight is for clowns.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think the whole concept of people fighting is a bit barbaric, seems kinda primitive. I don't like seeing people getting punched or kicked.

Now blowing people up and bombin' them to bits in computer games is something completely different, nothing primitive about that at all. :-" (although these 'people' are not alive... or at least they're not supposed to be... what if they are?) :o:o :ph34r:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Now, would you like to meet and say this to me in the face?

Does muay thai ring any bells? I bet it does. Clown :-

Anyways, flaunting you virtual manhood is for clowns too.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It takes one to know one. :-

kirottu said:

Just for you Surrepflatus: :-

kirottu said:

Instant Hell Murder

kirottu said:

But the world in which we reside is fundamentally bound by the laws and whims of time and space, it's all some sort of gigantic prosthesis, a crotch, our every action under control, under scrutinous observance, we are not allowed to evolve past a certain point, we are controlled, decimated, humiliated, a laboratory, neoteric spiritual architecture, everything we attest to understanding is intrinsically fake and hollow, an entire universe filled with rulers and servants, and we, my friends, we are the onanistic masses, lead into submission, our eyes barred, our hearts cemented, we are nothing, we are everything, everything they allow, there is no hope apart from the hope that washes the shores of the soul, the inner balance that desecrates the foul and releases the beautiful, perverse thoughts are regurgitated by the outer creators, the surgeons of the netherworld. In conclusion, a flatus must be noticed! There is no other way!