Vong Mentioning in KOTOR 1. . .

According to the Wookipedia the Yuuzhan Vong get a mention in KOTOR 1. I've played it through several times, and I don't recall there being a reference to them.

Did anyone come across any possible Vong references?

None here. If there is, I want a screenshot as proof

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Wasn't it Canderous story about the meteor?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I remember someone mentioned this in another post. Just need to link it...

EDIT: It is Revans Fate Post, 4th Page, but it dosnt say much. Also, yea you learn that from Canderous, as he sees this ship vanish while he was in an asteroid field. You dont see them, you only hear about them from Canderous.

Edited by aerowars617

Well, Canderous wouldn't know it was the Vong, would he? :(

But yeah, the first time I heard Canderous' story it sounded like a coral skipper to me. **shrug**

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

EDIT: It is Revans Fate Post, 4th Page, but it dosnt say much. Also, yea you learn that from Canderous, as he sees this ship vanish while he was in an asteroid field. You dont see them, you only hear about them from Canderous.

I don't think anywhere in the EU New Jedi Order Series is a description of coralskippers possessing that ability. However, if you turn to the EU Novel "Specter Of The Past" by Timothy Zahn, what eventually is revealed as a ship of Chiss design, manages to instantly disappear several times throughout the course of the novel, therefore fitting the description of what Canderous.

Eh, to be quite honest, I don't think there are any references to the Vong in KOTOR.

I don't think anywhere in the EU New Jedi Order Series is a description of coralskippers possessing that ability.

Um, you do relize the whole thing with the coralskippers were that they could do that. You didn't read the novels, did you? I read one and picked that up.

Um, you do relize the whole thing with the coralskippers were that they could do that. You didn't read the novels, did you? I read one and picked that up.

Actually, I have the whole series. Anywho...

"Coralskippers are not designed for long-range travel and must often rely on larger vessels for transportation." That's straight from the Wikipedia Entry on Coralskippers (found here: Coralskipper ~ you'll have to scroll down till you reach #25). Even if you don't buy into Wikipedia, every time you read about coralskippers, they are usually launched from someplace in-system. In this way, they're like TIE Fighters/Interceptors. Now if you could point out a specific example in NJO where coralskippers came without the aid of a nearby ship, planet, or whatnot, that would be greatly appreciated.

Now seeing that the Vong do not come from the Star Wars Galaxy, but rather a different one, taking this fact with the Wikipedia statement would suggest that a coralskipper would not be able to "go the distance" (as inter-galaxy travel is not a example of long-range travel, but rather very long-range travel). So I doubt that a coralskipper would appear in the Star Wars Galaxy between 3958-3956 B.B.Y., (that being The Second Sith War, which is what KOTOR plays out) especially when the Vong started preparations for the invasion during the days of the Empire.

Edited by Master Soresu

Some people look WAY too heavy just to NOT accept that BioWare slipped a little reference in there...

Face it; it's there, and nothing you bring in can change a thing about that...

I mean the whole Dantooine/Alderaaan scene on the Leviathan could not happen no, since it needed to have 4000 years beyond in mind and Bastila, Revan and Karath do not live in the movies era? <_<

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Some people look WAY too heavy just to NOT accept that BioWare slipped a little reference in there...

Agreed <_<

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Face it; it's there, and nothing you bring in can change a thing about that...

I mean the whole Dantooine/Alderaaan scene on the Leviathan could not happen no, since it needed to have 4000 years beyond in mind and Bastila, Revan and Karath do not live in the movies era?  <_<

Why it's a representative from Bioware! Top of the morning to you! <_<

It was suggested and/or assumed that the ship Canderous talked about was of Vong designed. I merely am doubting that is the case for previously stated reasons. I am not, however, doubting that there is some sort of allusion ongoing in the lines Canderous spoke. That's all. Of course thanks to your constructive comments, this "debate" currently stands at a standstill.

As for Dantooine/Alderaan example, what type of people are most likely to play KOTOR? Star Wars fans! Now keep in mind that Episode 4: "A New Hope" came out about 2 and a half decades prior to the release of KOTOR. Therefore, what we have is Bioware alluding to the infamous scene with Princess Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin aboard the Death Star. It's just like when Kreia alludes to Boba Fett, while she mentions what will happen to the Mandalorians. To allude, by the way, is to make an indirect reference. I mean seriously, only Star Wars fans would appreciate the irony of that scene aboard the Leviathan.

Now I dont know how many Kotor fans read all of the expanded universe stuff (I for one don't), but I think for most casual gamers, Canderous' remark was simply about a strange alien species which he briefly encountered (maybe to return in Kotor 3?), while for the Expanded Universe fans, maybe an easter egg/acknowledgement of the Expanded Universe. Simple.

It's just like when Kreia alludes to Boba Fett, while she mentions what will happen to the Mandalorians.

Sorry I have to comment on this. Kreia is talking about Jango Fett who was killed by Mace Windu. She says "too easily slain by a Jedi", Boba (if you discount EU) was killed by the Sarlacc, into which Han knocked him. :)

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

To allude, by the way, is to make an indirect reference

Yup. You got it. Just like the Vong reference.

Except this is for the EU-folks instead the movie folks.

You'll get it one day or an other.

^

Now I dont know how many Kotor fans read all of the expanded universe stuff (I for one don't), but I think for most casual gamers, Canderous' remark was simply about a strange alien species which he briefly encountered (maybe to return in Kotor 3?), while for the Expanded Universe fans, maybe an easter egg/acknowledgement of the Expanded Universe. Simple.

KOTOR is also part of the EU, you know. They are not separate concepts.

It's just like when Kreia alludes to Boba Fett, while she mentions what will happen to the Mandalorians.

Sorry I have to comment on this. Kreia is talking about Jango Fett who was killed by Mace Windu. She says "too easily slain by a Jedi", Boba (if you discount EU) was killed by the Sarlacc, into which Han knocked him. ;)

But that gets a pardon because Kreia was peering into the future (the shocking thing is the future we WANT to know is vague and bleek)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Everything that is not the films, is EU. I used to be a Star Wars "Purist," but then I saw the awful Prequel Trilogy.

Jango Fett, Boba Fett...technically they are the same person. But yea, I forgot the "too easily slain by Jedi" part.

Eh, to be the Vong or not the Vong, isn't that the question? It could be as aero suggested, that the ship represents a new race or something, which becomes the basis for KOTOR 3 (my personal guess is that 3 tells of the return of the Sith species/civilization ~ as both endings to KOTOR 2 leave us staring at space that could beyond Republic's borders). But again, to those who think it was the Vong, got anything to support your claim?

Frankly, I think it's open to interpretation. If people want to believe it's a Vong ship I let them (heck I thought it was too, but now with all this true Sith stuff, who knows? :blink: )

And you're right technically Boba and Jango are the same person. :thumbsup:

Novels, source books, and sites all over the net. :D

From Supershadow :):blink:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)