The online campain thread

Pippin and Merry were unusually tall for hobbits of that era, especially after their 'late spurt' of growth subsequent to their meetings with the Ents. [/tolkien nerd]

Do I need to fast-forward to the scene in Lord of the Rings to recite the actual speech?

Because the actualy comment was they were around 3'6" BEFORE the growth spurt.

/bigger Tolkien nerd

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Pippin and Merry were unusually tall for hobbits of that era, especially after their 'late spurt' of growth subsequent to their meetings with the Ents. [/tolkien nerd]

Do I need to fast-forward to the scene in Lord of the Rings to recite the actual speech?

/bigger Tolkien nerd

Does that really matter? The fact remains that they are quite tall by D&D halfling standards which places the average at 3'. :-

/bigger Tolkien nerd

And because the books clearly state that when they were 3'6" before the growth spurt, they were still amongst the tallest. [/Tolkien winnar]

:lol:

Question on Char: made a wizard, eldar approved. How many spells is a character allowed to know (inscribed in spellbook) at the start?

Question on Char: made a wizard, eldar approved. How many spells is a character allowed to know (inscribed in spellbook) at the start?

All 0 level spells and three 1st level spells of your choice + 1 extra 1st level spell for every 2 points of intelligence above 10. (1 at 12 INT, 2 at 14 INT and so on...)

Ah, I thought I answered you. D'oh. Dammit. Anyhow, I have to get the first scenario set. For those of you who have sent me characters, that would be Tigranes and Blank, I'll be sending you a PM for your character specific information. Until the beginning of the game, your characters won't know each other unless folks let me know ahead of time. So, if you want to be buddied with someone at start, you'll have to let me know before start. Capiche? :Eldar's menacing Wise Guy look icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Far Thel looked up at the Inn. Set at the crossroads with a river and ford on one side and the Imperial Way on the other, the large building stood out like a sore thumb. Disdaining horses, Far Thel walked quietly up the road, lost in contemplation. The sky was clear and blue and there was an exotic aroma drifting on the air. What was it? It could have been the scent of cherry blossoms but for the fact that Cherry trees did not grow here. The wind changed and Far Thel caught a different scent, a scent that stole the breath from his chest. It was the smell of home. Home. Three hundred years past and , for all he knew, destroyed. It was the scent of Elvish cooking and hearth fires burning and sweet maidens who looked at him coyly and laughed. Far Thel felt a pain in his throat so deep that he gasped and nearly fell to his knees. His eyes watered and his vision blurred. It was the smell of home.

In all the years that Far Thel had traveled this road, he had always eyed this inn with suspicion. It was always well painted and in good repair. The road was well kept in front of the inn as were all the outbuildings. A large stable served to house mounts, some of them exotic but mostly horses. On one side, the innkeeper

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hats off to you also, Deraldin. I've received Nick's character also. The rest of you should get something to me.

Obsidian Plays

.... wait, Deraldin didn't officially sign up. Jerk.

Hmm, might as well carry on this way, then. Whoever sends in a character and gets accepted gets to tag along on Friday. Those who signed up yet couldn't be bothered to even do this simple step are out.

Anyway, character sent.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

.... wait, Deraldin didn't officially sign up. Jerk.

Hmm, might as well carry on this way, then. Whoever sends in a character and gets accepted gets to tag along on Friday. Those who signed up yet couldn't be bothered to even do this simple step are out.

Anyway, character sent.

I've got a couple of my own games going on so I don't really have time for another. I'm actually in one right now, but one of our players seems to have lost his co <_< nnection.

I'm going to look into the opengame link Llyranor posted. I have it downloaded, but it didn't work earlier and so I'm going to have to poke around and see if I can get it to run.

Obsidian Plays

Yeah, I installed all of it before I ran OpenRPG. I probably just screwed it up somehow. I'll give it another try when I get back to the laptop. I'd like to give it a good shot before Friday because, if it works well, I'd like to get the first game going on it rather than irc. In the meantime, we can use irc to meet if nothing else.

Obsidian Plays

It can be a bit of a fiddle, but I too can testify to what a nice tool it is.

If push comes to shove, IRC is fine, but having that added level of a graphic battlemap and semi-automatic dice rolls (as well as a bunch of other stuff) can be very nice.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm sure it will be good, but time and weekend internet access forbids. Have fun.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:blink:

Character building in Vampire was so much easier. What's with the heckload of tables?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You only need to look at two tables; the one where you see what feats etc. you get as you reach each level (pg. 22 PHB) and then the corresponding table for your class (entire 3rd chapter) where you can see your BAB and resistances etc.

But VtM makes more sense to me aswell :(

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think the whole system is horrid. Looking at the guide it's like playing a strategy game. It's like there's tables for everything and anything.

But anyways...back at building.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I think the whole system is horrid. Looking at the guide it's like playing a strategy game. It's like there's tables for everything and anything.

D&D 3.5 aims to be a very complete system with a rule for every possible situation that can occur during play. Youre also supposed to be able to play it as a pure miniatures game, thus all that stuff about combat grids etc.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Mus? Why don't you just post your idea of what you want your character to be? I mean, the one or two sentence description of how you see your character.

For example, El-Dar the Pathetic is a fighter who specializes in two handed weapons and survives by the strength of his sword arm.

For example, Far Thel is a mage who has a wide assortment of utility and combat spells. He plans on studying in order to engage in item acquisition.

For Example, El-Dan is a cleric who specializes in combat support but who is keenly interested in religious study and scholarship. Speading his faith is his primary concern, as a cleric, but in reality he much prefers carrying out fieldwork for the purpose of furthering his studies.

The point isn't to pigeon hole your character, but to get a general idea of where you want to go with him and what emphasis you place on various aspects of the game.

If you want to get creative, do so, but the point is to start simple and ease yourself into the game.

Obsidian Plays

Hrumph. You make it sound so simple.

Sarman is a steppe barbarian, who left his wastes to both make it big and die trying. He, like all his kin, grew up with a sword in his hand, but gave it up, to "pursue the art of markmanship", to not die in the wilderness because the blade is a poor hunting tool.

kirottu said:

The Crimson Pecker is a Turbonegro-style Bard, as a child he was discovered near the Dwarven Citadel of Mount Creolette, they soon realised he was no ordinary baby, his phallus both astonishing and enchanting the maidens of that rather dull encampment, but Errol, that's what his name used to be, wanted more, he wanted adventure, sex, laughs, wild guitars, experiences potent enough to shatter the cemented souls that dwell inside even the woefullest of dwarfs.

A bit of a recluse as a child, mainly due to him being well over 5 feet tall as a result of his human blood, unfortunately the dwarfs tardily understood the boy suffered from a most daunting affliction, namely that of being born out of a human mother and father.

But that is the past, as he aged he was more than dwarf enough to satisfy the maidens and houseboys. Errol painted his hair jet black, fashionably spiked it up, shaved all the tedious body hair and embarked on the greatest journey of his life, sword in hand, dressed in the oiliest of leather.

At what hour is tomorrow session?

Or better yet, in how many hours does it start?

Edited by Baley