KotOR1 Characters Experiences

the way you get each characters "extra" quest (bastilas mother, Carths son, missions brother, canderous' death match) is by having them in the team after a certain point a in convorsation and then just getting on and off of your ship and walking to the first zone transition (you may have to do this a few times)

Jolee's wife is Alora.

and Juhani on Korribon is... interesting when you try to get into the academy.

just gointg to throw this out there but, You have to convince dustil that the sith are actually bad... Try to point it out to him and then tell him you'll go find proof. then theres a datapad that says that the person he joined up with was killed so that she wouldn't hold dustil back.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Jolee's wife is Alora.

Jolee's wife is Nayama. Alora is the wife of Jolee's friend Sunry, on Manann.

Anyway, companion quests can be triggered on any planet, in my experience, except the planet on which it takes place (with the exception of Bastila).

(This is all in my experiences playing the game)

Carth: You have to have gathered the second Star Map (the one after Dantooine) and have talked about his wife and son.

Bastila: Must have had the conversation that takes place after she tells you about her mother and father.

Mission: Must have left Taris, and she has to have told you about Griff leaving with Lena.

Jolee: Have to have him in the party (of course) and just go to Manaan.

Juhani: Has to have told you about being taken as a slave and then go to any space port (preferably Manaan or Korriban). Just make sure you've completed all other "trigger" quests before completing this one cause it's bugged.

Canderous: Have to have had the coversation about what happened to the Mandalorians after the war.

HK: Just talk to him and have some repair skill.

Zaalbar: Part of the main quest on Kashyyyk.

I think only Bastila and Carth's sidequests are dependent on the Star Maps. The rest just depend on level, as to when you can have what conversation with them. But I wouldn't hold me to that. :thumbsup:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

D'OH!

anyway... Juhani is an exception to the "not on the planet it happens" rule. as I've had the guy appear in the mannan docking ring.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

To open up the party side missions, such as finding Dustil or meeting Mission's brother, you have to reach Point X in talking with them. Point X is, I think, really dependent upon your in-game progress and by talking to them occasionally. For example with Mission, at one point she doesn't talk about her brother's former girlfriend as she doesn't want you to be distracted by that. But when you go find another Star Map piece, or make significant headway on a planet, she opens up.

I suppose increasing your character's level could also open up these missions, but that maybe a thing of coincidence. However, I don't think your influence with the character has anything to do with it as KOTOR does not place as much as a emphasis on influence as KOTOR 2 does.

usually, i talk to all the characters as much as possible to the point where you cant talk anymore, similar to the bao-dur situation where all you can say is "never mind" but to furtherly talk to bao you need influence. similar to K1, i talked to mission to the point where all you can ask is about finding her brother. the significant characters that come up and trigger the "finding X person" you usually find those people who trigger it on any planet i think, but there is some exceptions, like that chick on manaan for jolee, that triggers that quest to save sunry

the way you get each characters "extra" quest (bastilas mother, Carths son, missions brother, canderous' death match) is by having them in the team after a certain point a in convorsation and then just getting on and off of your ship and walking to the first zone transition (you may have to do this a few times)

Jolee's wife is Alora.

and Juhani on Korribon is... interesting when you try to get into the academy.

just gointg to throw this out there but, You have to convince dustil that the sith are actually bad... Try to point it out to him and then tell him you'll go find proof. then theres a datapad that says that the person he joined up with was killed so that she wouldn't hold dustil back.

yeah i know how to save dustil, ive done it before but this time when i did it, i killed him, things didnt go as planned, but it was alright (for me not for carth of course) because i was following a dark allignment

has anyone acctually successfully passed the "sunry" quest, how you have to go to the manaan officials ad convince that sunry is innocent. at first it seems easy, but thats just the tip of the iceberg, you learn lots more which gets a bit confusing and make it hard to convince that he is innocent, and when to stop and let the judges form their verdict.. ect.

has anyone acctually successfully passed the "sunry" quest, how you have to go to the manaan officials ad convince that sunry is innocent. at first it seems easy, but thats just the tip of the iceberg, you learn lots more which gets a bit confusing and make it hard to convince that he is innocent, and when to stop and let the judges form their verdict.. ect.

Oh, yeah. Click here this should give you all the answers you need. :blink:

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

In my experience, to not have Dustil killed requires in the second Revan dialogue option to tell Dustil (paraphrasing) "Relax Dustil. Carth is just trying to protect you" or someting similar, and then Carth's dialogue with Dustil goes quite differently and it leads to a mini-side quest. No persuade roll required.

yep im fully aware how to turn dustil away from the sith

I never tried having Juhani come into the academy on Korriban. Thanks for the tip. Also, he speaks Twi'lek speak (?) because he hails from the Sith controled region of space and they don't speak Galactic Basic (is that the right name?) and use Twi'lek as their base trade language instead. Who'd a thunk the Sith tease eachother because of accents?

well from what i can gather, he was a mandalorian who faught the cathar, with a twilek appearance and speaks galactic basic

Just wondering if you tried having Jolee and Mandalore together, or Carth and Zaalbar on Korriban also before getting into the academy, and Lashowe harasses the protagonist and you have the option of amusing her by telling her a joke (for Revan to pull it off, a persuade roll is required). I found their reactions to be quite funny

i usually go to korriban last, and its the time where you realise that your revan, and then they start teasing you (it doesnt matter your party, i think i had carth and someone else) and then you have to tell them a joke, i said "I'm Lord Revan, ill rip out yoru tounges" or something like that, and they are all just like "LMFAO" <_<

I think meeting them gets triggered by finishing certain plot points. Meeting Carth's buddy Jordo (his name i remember  ) occurs after finding the second Star Map. So it doesn't require finishing the dialogue tree ('cause some of 'em don't finish until the "Unknown Planet"). i could be wrong, but that is the conclusion i have drawn based on my experience.

i personally travel a lot in kotor1, after i find the star forge on one planet i travel back to the others, for many reasons one of those being the genoharrden guild thing, and chasing the characters significant quest things usually all linking back to tatooine, that guys that candy had to fight and so on

Edited by Revan_Returns

well from what i can gather, he was a mandalorian who faught the cathar, with a twilek appearance and speaks galactic basic

In the Xbox version he is human, and says he fought with the Mandalorians, but never says he was one. I always found it odd that in the PC version they changed Xor to a Twi'lek. Especially when he says "Lesser non-human species" I was like :huh::blink: you are a non-human species...

k just saying dis incase it hasn't been mentioned. if u talk to jolee enough [not really sure if it matters] and u go to korriban with him in ur squad someone tells him that his friend who was a republic war hero is being tried for murder on manaan. u go there talk to his wife find out wat happened and u become his lawer. he had an affair with a sith and the sith was found dead in the room dat the guy was in with her. and u interview people to see wat happened and stuff. i never actually figured out the entire crime u were ment to ask stuff at the sith embassy but i killed everybody there so wat good does dat do for me? personaly i think his wife killed the sith but i could never find anything to prove so i still got him free without solving the case. oh and if u find out about bastilla's parents and go to dantooine someone tells her that her mother is in the cantina. the mother tells her dat the dad is dead and stuff and u have to find a holcron somewhere. too lazy to type anymore

Sunry actually killed the sith spy. She was a double-agent, and Sunry new it, so he killed her that night. You can find some information from the Republic Bases computers, the ones where you try to crack the number codes and create a new card.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

and if you can force persuade the people in the hotel, shame i couldnt find anything in the sith base, that worthless shifty guy outside the hotel provided false information <_<

:shifty: yeah, that drove me nuts. I replayed that Sith base numerous times to re-check if i missed the Sith evidence. I thought he was gettin' at a conspiracy-within-a-conspiracy type of deal. But maybe that the Rodian (forgot his name too :"> ) planted the medal was the mystery guy's way of giving Revan a lead to help defend Sunny and increase the chances of an "innocent due to lack of evidence" ruling which would indicate he may be one of the numerous Republic spies mentioned by the embassy head cheese (forgot his name too :"> ). Or it could have come from cut material :mellow: , or the mystery man was just messin' with Revan's head.

i never was able to testify that sunry was inncovent, for some reason, despite the all the evidince i came up with, those stupid selkath always declared him guilty

In my experience, to get him declared innocent, don't mention his disabling injury because that contradicts the witnesses saying he ran fast leaving the hotel. Also, don't say much beyond getting the witnesses to admit they didn't actually *see* Sunnry commit the murder. It is ok to mention the affair, but avoid the war hero option - that's like tellin' 'em he became declorated for killin' Sith, which is exactly the opposite of what Revan is trying to prove. It is ok to ask the witnesses just one question, even no questions. But it is important to get the info about the victim (can't remember her name either :"> fatal system error ;) ) being a lightsabre bearing Sith. I didn't even make an opening statement.

Correction:

Just wondering if you tried having Jolee and Mandalore together, or Carth and Zaalbar on Korriban also before getting into the academy, and Lashowe harasses the protagonist and you have the option of amusing her by telling her a joke (for Revan to pull it off, a persuade roll is required). I found their reactions to be quite funny  :x

I made a mistake with this :"> ; Carth, Zaalbar, and Canderous have humourous responses to the joke. Jolee and Canderous exchange witty banter if Revan miffs Lashowe off enough to get her to threaten you using the line (paraphrasing) "Do you know how many Sith there are here in Dreshdae?".

Edited by Hekate

can u actually get training at the sith academy like on dantooine, as in showing him getting trained? cos when i played it darkside the twilik master said that she doesn't share power and attacked me. the weird human guy attacked me because i didn't warn him about the plot. if i told him earlier would i get training?

can u actually get training at the sith academy like on dantooine, as in showing him getting trained? cos when i played it darkside the twilik master said that she doesn't share power and attacked me. the weird human guy attacked me because i didn't warn him about the plot. if i told him earlier would i get training?

Nope. Neither Uthar nor Yuthura can train Revan. Revan is just there for the Star Map.

all you basically do there is uncover artifacts, and side with either uthar or the twilek at the end, but the main reason your there is cos of the star map. if you go there as the last planet, you can prove to them that your

revan

:wub: