KotOR1 Characters Experiences

Ok, just to warn those of you again, this is a total spoiler for the characters of KotOR1, im just posting down my experiences and what i have come across and how to pass the characters quests.

I'm a male revan DS so this may effect a little of the outcomes with the characters

Bastilla - Ive talked to bastilla, many times, about the bond we share, and the force - DS and LS and the corruption of the darkside, and linking to malak. if your male you know that you have the option, to somewhat flirt with bastilla, well i did that :p and we went to the point, where i got bastila to give in and kiss me :)

Carth - I talked with carth to hear all his experiences, and when i went back to dantooine (cant remember why) with carth in my party, i came across one of his friends that told me that his son is on korriban, training to be a sith, i then went to korriban and tried to persuade his son comming back, and not to follow the sith, but it ended up him being killed (its not easy to persuade him, and i was DS so it tied in :) )

Mission - Learnt about her brother - griff and his girlfriend lena, went to korriban and found lena telling us that griff was on tatooine mining for czerka, went to tatooine, found out from czerka that he was captured by sand people, went to SP enclave - rescued him, payed him money (it wont be the last time, if your charitable and have lots of spare credits like me) when he gets back to czerka office, he tells you that he wants to make some tarisian ale, he thinks he knows how to make it - and gets you to get a tach gland. i went to kashyyyk get the gland, came back gave him the glad - soon after he made the ale and says that the glad was faulty or something, and he was originally going to give the ale to some guy to the exchange so he can synthesise it. so once again, he runs away owning many many people money, including me, Lord Revan <_<

Zalbaar - nothing to it, i never really talked to him, i dont think you can go that far with him - but it all links to the kashyyyk reunion with his family and all

Canderous - Talk to him about all his battles and so on, the begining of the mandalorian wars, the height of their crusade, and the end of the mandalorian wars (republic weaklings, then the intro of revan) he discusses one very significant battle for him, one that he was first in command and he led 2 squads, the decoy force, and the offence force. when i went to dantooine (again) i think it was, i met some guy who was in canderous' decoy force, and he survived the battle (very lucky for him) he challenges him to a deathmatch, for their honour in the dune sea, we won of course, but it takes canderous some time to get over it and i havent completed it, something is wrong, then after you can talk about how he got with you, the davik stuff and all

Juhanni - she is pretty complicated, and her voice is annoying. but you learn that she migrated to taris, from some place called cathar which was a place with her breed, strong warriors, that experienced the early stages of the mandalorian wars, and that they faught brutally, and hence the planet was on the brink of destruction, so juhanii and her parents fled to taris. and when juhaniis parents both died, she was enslaved by the exchange (because her parents owed them money) some guy was going to buy her, but the jedi came along and forbid this, and she was then trained for a jedi and joined you ect. when i was on korriban i met a mandalorian called Xor (he was a twi'lek mandalorian ;) i thought mandalorians where a human race) he was the guy who wanted to buy juhanni, and he faught against the cathar, and he totally hated them, and slaughtered them wherever he got the chance, you eventually fight him, i got juhanni to give into the darkside and kill him.

HK - you just learn about all the people he had killed, and his previous masters, and then learn that revan was his master.

Jolee - i just got him, latest character i got, and previously played kotor1 games, ive learnt something about him, just a little not much though

if anyone has got anything to contribute just add

and those who are thinking "why the hell did he post this" the reason is that, im just posting down my encounters, and to help people understand a bit, and things that they might have missed

Note: The planets i went on to find those significant people, will be different to yours, i think you meet them on the next planet you go to

Also, there is a sort of influence system, you need to keep talking to them and uncover all this past, up untill the point where you cant talk to them anymore, then you find that person, who triggers off something important, which ultimately ends the quest with that character

are you serious? ...ok that another reason why im not going to play female in kotor1

i heard that you can romance carth is that true

Yea, it's true. Bastila, Carth, and Juhani. I wonder if Jolee can have romance unlocked.... ;)

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

If your female you can romance Juhanni...

DN

:x

Nice....Hottest one is Zaalbar. I like furry womens. :) Or is she he? Umm...yeah...Well, then... >_< OMG! What I've done! :o

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I for one think some of his narrations are decent.

Keyword-SOME.

Others are just annoyingly boring storys from an old man. Now, if you want good stories, talk to Canderous!

Edited by DarthVala

dragon113mq.jpg

Join The Sibilati!

Eventually, he will. At least he did with me. I think her name was....Alora?

Err.....it was Nomi Sunrider....... :">

Edited by DarthVala

dragon113mq.jpg

Join The Sibilati!

I for one think some of his narrations are decent.

Keyword-SOME.

Others are just annoyingly boring storys from an old man. Now, if you want good stories, talk to Canderous!

I kinda Liked his stroies. Nothing wrong with the "Durin da War..." stories.

Anywhos, for a total spoiler,

Jolee says that His wife turned to DS, and in the war he faught her and defeated her, but couldnt kill her. She then went on to kill many more jedi. The council tried him and their verdict was to let him off the hook. Thats why he dislikes the council, and so he fled to kashyyk (I think), or he crash landed on Kashyyk, please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I am correct up until I said Kashyyk :lol:

Edited by aerowars617

Revan Returns was speaking of Jolee I believe, not Carth. Carth's 38 in K1, 43 in K2.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Mellypie, i have to disagree with the carth thing, because the mandalorian wars happened 4 years prior to KotOR1. After the mandalorian wars came revan and malak with their sith fleet and bombed telos into submission (as carth said) then his wife died, and son was only young then carth went away to aid the republic some more. So i doubt that dustil is 20,(when you meet him) perhaps he was about 18 or 16, and when he was on telos, as a kid as carth said i think he may have been about 14 or so. correct me if im wrong. ive probabally got the figures wrong. and i would assume carth is early 30's

back onto the jolee topic, i would say he is about late 50's early 60's because his beard is getting a bit grey/white but he still is in fit shape whoever said he is 80 is completely off. canderous is probabally late 30's early 40's his hair is grey, and would have had to be fit during the mandalorian wars (which was 4 years ago and also in the height in their crusades) juhanii is probabally mid 20's mission is 14, as already said in the game, and thats about it for the characters

as said. correct me if im wrong, or got anything to add/question

Edited by Revan_Returns

Carth's age is given in his bio as 38. Click here and check the last paragraph. :)

Jolee has to be at least 60. The Sith War (that would be the one with Exar Kun) happened 40 years before K1 (Jolee says: "Forty years ago? Has it been that long?") so Jolee would have to have been at least 20, but considering he had a wife and had worked as a smuggler I would say he was 25-30 during the Sith War. Which would make him any where from 60-70 in K1.

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Jolee mainly talks about other Jedi, or other people. He talks about his smuggling days, and when he met his wife. I can't get any further along than that, he won't talk to me.

First, i found the protagonist has to enter the Ebon Hawk to cue Jolee's next dialogue options when he has nothing else to say because "you need more experience". So going out and back in may help with cueing his next talk. As far as reaching the point in the conversation tree wherein he is reluctant to speak of the Exar Kun wars and by extention his wife, i recall there being a persuade check necessary. Something akin to "[persuade] There is no time like the present?". Prior to that (i think it is before anyway) there is a point where he grumpily states "Kids are bored by history, proven fact" and the protagonist has to say something akin to "yeah, well old people love to talk about history, proven fact" and that should also get him to converse.

EDIT:Forgot to add that Nomi Sunrider wasn't Jolee's wife. She is a Jedi he states the protagonist reminds him of. Can't remember his wife's name off hand.

EDIT #2: i think Jolee is alot older than 60. When he spoke of "Engine sucking Andor", he stated it changed the political fabric of the galaxy for centuries to come. Not saying he is centuries old, but the fact no one had even heard of the species (damn! Can't remember their name either :"> ) would indicate a significant amount of time has passed since that event.

Edited by Hekate

Carth - I talked with carth to hear all his experiences, and when i went back to dantooine (cant remember why) with carth in my party, i came across one of his friends that told me that his son is on korriban, training to be a sith, i then went to korriban and tried to persuade his son comming back, and not to follow the sith, but it ended up him being killed (its not easy to persuade him, and i was DS so it tied in :) )

In my experience, to not have Dustil killed requires in the second Revan dialogue option to tell Dustil (paraphrasing) "Relax Dustil. Carth is just trying to protect you" or someting similar, and then Carth's dialogue with Dustil goes quite differently and it leads to a mini-side quest. No persuade roll required.

when i was on korriban i met a mandalorian called Xor (he was a twi'lek mandalorian ;) i thought mandalorians where a human race) he was the guy who wanted to buy juhanni, and he faught against the cathar, and he totally hated them, and slaughtered them wherever he got the chance, you eventually fight him, i got juhanni to give into the darkside and kill him.

I never tried having Juhani come into the academy on Korriban. Thanks for the tip. Also, he speaks Twi'lek speak (?) because he hails from the Sith controled region of space and they don't speak Galactic Basic (is that the right name?) and use Twi'lek as their base trade language instead. Who'd a thunk the Sith tease eachother because of accents?

Just wondering if you tried having Jolee and Mandalore together, or Carth and Zaalbar on Korriban also before getting into the academy, and Lashowe harasses the protagonist and you have the option of amusing her by telling her a joke (for Revan to pull it off, a persuade roll is required). I found their reactions to be quite funny :(

Note: The planets i went on to find those significant people, will be different to yours, i think you meet them on the next planet you go to

Also, there is a sort of influence system, you need to keep talking to them and uncover all this past, up untill the point where you cant talk to them anymore, then you find that person, who triggers off something important, which ultimately ends the quest with that character

I think meeting them gets triggered by finishing certain plot points. Meeting Carth's buddy Jordo (his name i remember :(" ) occurs after finding the second Star Map. So it doesn't require finishing the dialogue tree ('cause some of 'em don't finish until the "Unknown Planet"). i could be wrong, but that is the conclusion i have drawn based on my experience.

To open up the party side missions, such as finding Dustil or meeting Mission's brother, you have to reach Point X in talking with them. Point X is, I think, really dependent upon your in-game progress and by talking to them occasionally. For example with Mission, at one point she doesn't talk about her brother's former girlfriend as she doesn't want you to be distracted by that. But when you go find another Star Map piece, or make significant headway on a planet, she opens up.

I suppose increasing your character's level could also open up these missions, but that maybe a thing of coincidence. However, I don't think your influence with the character has anything to do with it as KOTOR does not place as much as a emphasis on influence as KOTOR 2 does.